Match Thread Coventry City at AFC Wimbledon Match Thread - Saturday 11th Aug (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

I dont think he's match fit yet mate

Really ? Been away with England and played on Saturday. Missed Scunny game due to holidays, so only seen highlights, so have to take your word for it. I do like him running past player from midfield though, as it opens up the opposition.

pusbccfc

Industrial action apparently.

Wouldn't worry too much, they strike most weeks. May be a slightly more limited service but that's about it.

nunchuckas

I have 1 x spare adult train ticket from London to Coventry on Saturday at 9:28pm for £7 due to a change of plans, if anyone is looking for cheap transport back from Wimbledon.

Amcoventry

I have 1 x spare adult train ticket from London to Coventry on Saturday at 9:28pm for £7 due to a change of plans, if anyone is looking for cheap transport back from Wimbledon.
Does that include airfares from NZ and back? If so I'm in!

GaryJones

Cant wait for this game - my first visit to Kingsmeadow and I think we might have 3 points in the bag!

shmmeee

So, window closed. Assuming no loans in before Saturday, what team are people going for?

I still have no idea.

CCFC_Charlie

So, window closed. Assuming no loans in before Saturday, what team are people going for?

I still have no idea.

O'Brien (Unless Burge is fit)
Grimmer
Willis
Davies
Mason
Doyle
Ogogo
Bayliss
Andreu
Hiwula
Biamou

Would like to see Hiwula through the middle but don't know who else you'd play out wide, plus don't think Biamou deserves to be dropped quite yet.

GaryJones

GaryJones

You flirt!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
4-1 loss we havent replaced mcnulty its all doom and gloom might aswell prepare for league 2 now im off to drown my sorrows

( insert sarcasm after transfer window closed)

shmmeee

I think the best I can do is 4312:

LOB (Unless Burge is available)
Sterling Willis Davies Mason
Bayliss Doyle Ogogo
Andreu
Biamou Hiwula

I'm not convinced by playing strikers wide in a three. We really need Allassani or Jones fit for some width as well.

Thinking about it that could easily be a 451, a 4411, or a 4231 depending on the phase of play. I might be starting to see Robins plan here. As I say will be fascinating to see how we line up when everyone's fit and the window is closed.

Last edited:

Gibbo

Same as Scunthorpe fro me, except Davies for Hyam, assuming Burge is stillout

We need to give the new guys time to bed in and play with the existing crew. Badly need Kelly back to replace Doyle to put some more forward drive in to central midfield

A better bench than last time with more attacking options - Allassani and the Walsall guy - and fewer Jordans

Warwickhunt

will babayakoo play (dont know how to spell or say his name?)

johnb

Strike action by South Western Railway suspended for Saturday 11 August. Was not looking forward to an expensive taxi ride or 7km hike to and from Richmond tube station.

Nick

Administrator
I can't remember the last time I couldn't predict the lineup he will play.

He could put bakayoko on the left then hiwula in the right but not sure where it leaves bayliss.

Davies back in for hyam if Willis is fit

shmmeee

I'd drop Biamou and move Hiwula more central. He'll compliment Andreu more by doing the runs to open up the space.

O'Brien (Burge if fit)
Grimmer Willis Davies Mason
Ogogo Doyle
Bayliss Andreu Allessani
Hiwula

Assuming Allassani is fit of course

Bakayoko in if no Allassani?

Users who are viewing this thread