Match Thread Coventry City at AFC Wimbledon Match Thread - Saturday 11th Aug (1 Viewer)

Gibbo

Next weekend - assuming no Jones, Allassani or Willis

Burge
Grimmer Davies Hyam Brown
Ogogo Kelly
Bayliss Andreu AB
Hiwula

Londonccfcfan

Next weekend - assuming no Jones, Allassani or Willis

Burge
Grimmer Davies Hyam Brown
Ogogo Kelly
Bayliss Andreu AB
Hiwula

Agree with this team.

Only change would be Biamou for me instead of Hiwula.

Feel a bit sorry for JP and JCH. What have they done wrong not to be given a chance, seems they have dropped right down the pecking order.

Hope they don't go out on loan just yet as I feel in a couple of weeks they will both be given a chance to stake a claim.

Grendel

Your constant pie-eyed biased view on Max just illustrates your ineptitude when it comes to what really matters, football knowledge

His football will really speak for itself this season.

jordan210

I’d like to see Sterling play in midfield rather than defence. I feel he would be more suited to running the lines and tracking back with less defensive work to do.

Magwitch

I watched it again admittedly on my phone and it’s a crap angle but I’m sure Brown gets his toe end to the ball, look at the Wimbledon players near the incident none appealed or anything

Legia Sky Blue

I’d like to see Sterling play in midfield rather than defence. I feel he would be more suited to running the lines and tracking back with less defensive work to do.

He's shown nothing in his two games so far to suggest he would be suited by such a role. He gets forward a lot less than Grimmer, and seems a bit more defensive minded. When he joined, and on hearing the reports about him I expected him to be a pacy wing back type, but while obviously not slow he doesn't appear as pacy as I'd imagined. Hopefully it's only a confidence thing though & we will see the player we expected/ hoped for sooner rather than later. Within the England U19 circles he's obviously rated higher than Bayliss, although Bayliss looks far ahead of him in terms of league performances, so we have to trust there is a very good player there somwhere.

Gibbo

Agree with this team.

Feel a bit sorry for JP and JCH. What have they done wrong not to be given a chance, seems they have dropped right down the pecking order.

Hope they don't go out on loan just yet as I feel in a couple of weeks they will both be given a chance to stake a claim.
Agree to Biamou - my error

shmmeee

Haven’t seen 451/4231 work with strikers or CMs wide, needs wingers/forwards IMO. Hiwula and Bayliss not right for the role. We'd be better in a 442 even if it means Andreu on the left. Maybe a 4132 or a 4312

We haven't bought in the personnel for the system Robins wants to play and that worries me. Good signings individually but hard to see a clear team there.

Also worth considering this is the first window with the new recruitment team isn't it?

Nonleagueherewecome

would like to see us try this.
We have to get Bayliss back in the middle. If he insists with two defensive CMs then either Andrue or Shipley would need to drop out but we definitely need Bayliss in the middle and I would prefer two up top.
I think two up front is a must, especially given the number of forwards we have and our lack of goals and cutting edge atm. If there's one thing I disliked about Robins first spell here it was two defensive midfielders at home and one up front.

Nonleagueherewecome

He's shown nothing in his two games so far to suggest he would be suited by such a role. He gets forward a lot less than Grimmer, and seems a bit more defensive minded. When he joined, and on hearing the reports about him I expected him to be a pacy wing back type, but while obviously not slow he doesn't appear as pacy as I'd imagined. Hopefully it's only a confidence thing though & we will see the player we expected/ hoped for sooner rather than later. Within the England U19 circles he's obviously rated higher than Bayliss, although Bayliss looks far ahead of him in terms of league performances, so we have to trust there is a very good player there somwhere.

I think it illustrates just what a massive gap there is between youth football and men's football. There have always been big name youngsters-even England U19 stars-that fail to step up and make a living from the game even, like Lee Sawyer. Many others become jobbing lower league pro's (Jordan Clarke was an England U19 and U20 international...). Pennant cost £2m as a 15 year old, and I remember Spurs spending loads on a kid who never played a game. But we live in the age of youtube, so there's a lot of hype and expectation on youngsters shoulders now. Hopefully Sterling will grow as he gains experience with us, but he needs to be eased in gently. I would say that if you think about Strachan's words on the value of first team football as opposed to youth or U23 games, Bayliss is actually miles ahead of him at this stage.

Adge

Agree with this team.

Why Burge? What has Liam O’Brian done wrong to warrant Burge coming back in?

Users who are viewing this thread