Match Thread Coventry City at AFC Wimbledon Match Thread - Saturday 11th Aug (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

seriously man stop! hes a striker, if he deserves to play he needs to be upfront! in a 3 or a 2 or as lone striker!

I would put him up front normally, but he won't score goals spearheading an attack. I like him but he would be dogshit in that out and out strikers role.

You play him behind a striker then where do you put Andreu? Andreu is probably one of our best players so it's pretty hard to drop him out of there.

Biamou should play, but it isn't easy to find a place for him in the team. Putting him right mid might look stupid (it may well be), but I honestly don't know where he fits into that team otherwise.

Nick

Administrator
I would put him up front normally, but he won't score goals spearheading an attack. I like him but he would be dogshit in that out and out strikers role.

You play him behind a striker then where do you put Andreu? Andreu is probably one of our best players so it's pretty hard to drop him out of there.

Biamou should play, but it isn't easy to find a place for him in the team. Putting him right mid might look stupid (it may well be), but I honestly don't know where he fits into that team otherwise.

You play him in the same place he was on Saturday but tweak it so the wingers are cutting in a bit more.

You are getting to a Dongo level of nonsense.

covcity4life

he doesnt deserve to play if he doesnt score

if you want him in team you go 4-4-2 like last year

i personally think it can work if like nick said we have pacey wingers like allasani and jones to get up in support quickly when he does manage to hold it up, or get more crosses in for him

1 game in, i wouldnt worry too much just yet. He will probably play again saturday, lets hope he adapts more to the lone role.

out wide he isnt fast enough dribble or technical enough passer to unlock defences. only thing he could do would be win headers wide like vincente.

Gibbo

Most of these plans are all round pegs in square holes. It is an away game so we will have a more defensive set up - Doyle & Ogogo in front of a back 4 with Davies in it. That leaves 4 places of which Bayliss, Andreu and Iwolowu (sic) account for 3.
It is really only one decision - new guy or Max up front

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You play him in the same place he was on Saturday but tweak it so the wingers are cutting in a bit more.

You are getting to a Dongo level of nonsense.

How can you say I am talking nonsense and then come out with that?

Having Biamou as the focal point of our attack is absolutely ridiculous.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

he doesnt deserve to play if he doesnt score

if you want him in team you go 4-4-2 like last year

i personally think it can work if like nick said we have pacey wingers like allasani and jones to get up in support quickly when he does manage to hold it up, or get more crosses in for him

1 game in, i wouldnt worry too much just yet. He will probably play again saturday, lets hope he adapts more to the lone role.

out wide he isnt fast enough dribble or technical enough passer to unlock defences. only thing he could do would be win headers wide like vincente.

Ok, so where does Andreu play in a 4-4-2?

So which is it, drop Biamou, or drop Andreu?

Nick

Administrator
How can you say I am talking nonsense and then come out with that?

Having Biamou as the focal point of our attack is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm talking about from how it was setup on Saturday when it worked quite well and would be even better with a couple of tweaks.

He isn't there as a striker on his own and then the midfield miles away.

Like I said, getting as bad as Dongo when he would go on and on and hadn't actually seen what he was going on about so looked stupid.

shmmeee

So for those that saw the game: assuming we don't sign a Chaplin or similar, should Hiwula play through the middle or down the wings in a front 3?

Nick

Administrator
So for those that saw the game: assuming we don't sign a Chaplin or similar, should Hiwula play through the middle or down the wings in a front 3?

Towards the end of the game he was cutting in a lot more like I think he was meant to. First half he was pretty much stood on the touchline for most of it apart from when he had the chance but in the second half his movement was a bit better.

I'd try him on the right or left but ideally tell him not to be so wide and out of the game and to come in and play off Biamou / Andreu.

Whoever is playing on the opposite side to where the ball is should be bombing on to the far post as well.

shmmeee

Towards the end of the game he was cutting in a lot more like I think he was meant to. First half he was pretty much stood on the touchline for most of it apart from when he had the chance but in the second half his movement was a bit better.

I'd try him on the right or left but ideally tell him not to be so wide and out of the game and to come in and play off Biamou / Andreu.

Whoever is playing on the opposite side to where the ball is should be bombing on to the far post as well.

Agreed on how we should set up. With two DMs they should be able to move over and cover the fullbacks if needed so the front three don't need to be so wide.

skyblueinBaku

I would put Hiwula in the middle. I think he will score plenty of goals for us this season.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm talking about from how it was setup on Saturday when it worked quite well and would be even better with a couple of tweaks.

He isn't there as a striker on his own and then the midfield miles away.

Like I said, getting as bad as Dongo when he would go on and on and hadn't actually seen what he was going on about so looked stupid.

I've seen Biamou play many times. He cannot play as the focal point of an attack.

What is so stupid about that? You are literally arguing for the sake of it.

Nick

Administrator
I've seen Biamou play many times. He cannot play as the focal point of an attack.

What is so stupid about that? You are literally arguing for the sake of it.

He wasn't meant to be the focal point, isolated, do it all himself striker.

He was pretty much in a front 3 most of the time.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Again like i said, what evidence do you have that JCH/ Hiwula would be able to play that role better than him?

A year of seeing Biamou play for us in a lower league tells me all I need to know about his strengths and weaknesses. We should be trying other people in that role.

As it stands what you are trying to say is replacing McNulty with Biamou is sufficient.

shmmeee

A lot: a large number; a great deal
Allot: give or apportion to someone
Alot: not a word

ALOT2.png

Nick

Administrator
A year of seeing Biamou play for us in a lower league tells me all I need to know about his strengths and weaknesses. We should be trying other people in that role.

As it stands what you are trying to say is replacing McNulty with Biamou is sufficient.

How is it? Biamou played a completely different role to what McNulty did last season.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

How is it? Biamou played a completely different role to what McNulty did last season.

I think you are too busy to try and quote my posts to have a go instead of actually reading them properly.

People want Biamou to play as the highest player on the pitch in their selections, that was where McNulty was last season wasn't it?

Nick

Administrator
I think you are too busy to try and quote my posts to have a go instead of actually reading them properly.

People want Biamou to play as the highest player on the pitch in their selections, that was where McNulty was last season wasn't it?

You do realise that players don't just stand on a spot and they have different roles don't you? He wasn't playing the McNulty role or even trying to. He was there for the other 3 around him to play off.

I think you are too busy trying to sound as if you have a clue when you are digging more and more to be like Dongo...

Esoterica

I'd say he can do both but it depends what's happening around him e.g.. I think he'd do ok in a front 2 with Biamou or JCH - when he went clean through, he was right of centre with classic strikers movement, pulling slightly wider to create a gap and then keeping himself onside. However if you still wanted Andreu in there then the rest of the 3 midfield would have to be quite defensive, probably at the cost of any natural width, or you go 3 at the back.

He'll be fine in a 3 too if he refines his role a bit more but on Saturday Bayliss tucked into the middle quite a lot off the ball while Hiwula stayed wide. It isolated Biamou and also meant that Hiwula was quite far from the box a lot of the time, reducing his goal threat. 2nd half he tucked in a bit more and until we conceded we actually looked really good.

As a 3rd option, if we wanted to play with him as the spearhead with forwards off him, I think we'd have to drop a DM and play the midfield a lot closer to him, playing with him and running off him a lot more than Saturday. I'm not sure L1 is ready for the kind of total football yet :) The least preferable option for me but he is our only current forward with genuine flexibility I'd say.

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You do realise that players don't just stand on a spot and they have different roles don't you? He wasn't playing the McNulty role or even trying to. He was there for the other 3 around him to play off.

I think you are too busy trying to sound as if you have a clue when you are digging more and more to be like Dongo...

Desperately weak response, and not really relevant to what I was saying at all really. You can say I'm digging all you want, but you are the one quoting me on every thread trying to have a pop in more regular desperation.

Whilst you have overplayed the 'I went to the game and you didn't card' you've lost sight of the overall point I was trying to make anyway.

Nick

Administrator
Desperately weak response, and not really relevant to what I was saying at all really. You can say I'm digging all you want, but you are the one quoting me on every thread trying to have a pop in more regular desperation.

Whilst you have overplayed the 'I went to the game and you didn't card' you've lost sight of the overall point I was trying to make anyway.

It's very relevant because biamou wasn't trying to or meant to be playing the same role McNulty did

It's not really that hard to understand is it?

I'm just playing the you are talking nonsense card.

Grendel

It is odd to decide a player should be in the team regardless of your own admission he is not good enough to play in the role he is there for

Users who are viewing this thread