Could 71 points be enough? (1 Viewer)

steve cooper

Bored today so,
having looked through all the remaining fixtures of the play-off contenders, here is my forecast.
I have assumed the top 4 will stay as they are.

5th Millwall 73 DWWWD - Preston (H) B'Ham (H) Wigan (A) Blackpool (A) Blackburn (H) current GD +7
6th Norwich 71 LWWDW - Middlesboro (A) QPR (A) Swansea (H) West Brom (A) Blackpool (H) current GD +12
7th Blackburn 71 WDDLWD - Hull (H) Cov (H) Preston (A) Burnley (H) Luton (H) Millwall (A) current GD -2
8th Coventry 70 WDWWD - QPR (A) Blackburn (A) Reading (H) Birmingham (H) Middlesboro (A) current GD +6
9th Preston 70 DWDLW - Millwall (A) Swansea (A) Blackburn (H) Sheff U (A) Sunderland (H) current GD -4
10th Sunderland 68 WWDWL - B'Ham (H) Huddersfield (H) West Brom (A) Watford (H) Preston (A) current GD +8
11th West Brom 67 DWDDDW - Stoke (A) Blackpool (A) Sunderland (H) Sheff U (A) Norwich (H) Swansea (A) current GD +6
12th Watford 66 WWDLW - Bristol (H) Cardiff (H) Hull (A) Sunderland (A) Stoke (H) current GD +2

I have us down for a draw against Blackburn, shows how important it is for us to win that game.
Looking at those fixtures 71 points + goal difference could be enough for 6th

Saddlebrains

Bored today so,
having looked through all the remaining fixtures of the play-off contenders, here is my forecast.
I have assumed the top 4 will stay as they are.

5th Millwall 73 DWWWD - Preston (H) B'Ham (H) Wigan (A) Blackpool (A) Blackburn (H) current GD +7
6th Norwich 71 LWWDW - Middlesboro (A) QPR (A) Swansea (H) West Brom (A) Blackpool (H) current GD +12
7th Blackburn 71 WDDLWD - Hull (H) Cov (H) Preston (A) Burnley (H) Luton (H) Millwall (A) current GD -2
8th Coventry 70 WDWWD - QPR (A) Blackburn (A) Reading (H) Birmingham (H) Middlesboro (A) current GD +6
9th Preston 70 DWDLW - Millwall (A) Swansea (A) Blackburn (H) Sheff U (A) Sunderland (H) current GD -4
10th Sunderland 68 WWDWL - B'Ham (H) Huddersfield (H) West Brom (A) Watford (H) Preston (A) current GD +8
11th West Brom 67 DWDDDW - Stoke (A) Blackpool (A) Sunderland (H) Sheff U (A) Norwich (H) Swansea (A) current GD +6
12th Watford 66 WWDLW - Bristol (H) Cardiff (H) Hull (A) Sunderland (A) Stoke (H) current GD +2

I have us down for a draw against Blackburn, shows how important it is for us to win that game.
Looking at those fixtures 71 points + goal difference could be enough for 6th

Im not reading all that

Pleased for you though / sorry that happened

Robinshio

we need to have a chance going into the last game even with it being Middlesboro (who maybe resting players by then)
I think we need a minimum of 9 points going into that including a win at Blackburn

Gint11

If we play like we did after pulling one back against Watford we could do it. If we play like we do when starting we have no chance. Still been a good season with how utterly bonkers it’s been!

Covstar

No we just don't have the depth in squad to make play offs, we have done amazingly well with the squad we have had this season with a bottom 5 budget and I'll be happy with a top 10 finish after what it looked like first 8 games into this season...

Invest next season wisely and we may have a shot but its still a very long shot. Mark Robins has done wonders for this club and is the only guy who gives us hope with the squad budget we have.

Astute

No we just don't have the depth in squad to make play offs, we have done amazingly well with the squad we have had this season with a bottom 5 budget and I'll be happy with a top 10 finish after what it looked like first 8 games into this season...

Invest next season wisely and we may have a shot but its still a very long shot. Mark Robins has done wonders for this club and is the only guy who gives us hope with the squad budget we have.
We're not the only side down to their bare bones. One of the reasons most of the sides around us can't put a couple of wins together.

Only sides that have just come down from the Prem or those prepared to break FFP rules can afford squad players that are good enough to be in the 1st team without injuries/suspension.

Old Warwickshire lad

Been a great season, don’t think anyone realistically expected to still be in with an outside chance of playoffs
after Easter.
Especially with the start we had.

steve cooper

Hopefully next season we will have a decent budget

steve cooper

If we were in form I’d really fancy our chances. 2 home wins, beat QPR and also Boro who wouldn’t care by that point

But we aren’t
Coming from 2 down against an on-paper strong team just relegated from the premier league should give the team some confidence.

martincov

We nearly always draw against brum its a thing. Win at blackburn very good position. We should beat Reading? Draw Blackburn win Reading then beat Brum makes up for blackburn draw. Tough call. Boro last day ??? do teams play for position and opposoition in the play offs or rest players? It did happen but i dont think so nowadays, need to play for the winning run as did Forest, confidence and all that. going to be a helter skelter couple of weeks. Head says miss out, heart says yessss get in. Lets not forget the last play off we only just sneeked in!!

Briles

We nearly always draw against brum its a thing. Win at blackburn very good position. We should beat Reading? Draw Blackburn win Reading then beat Brum makes up for blackburn draw. Tough call. Boro last day ??? do teams play for position and opposoition in the play offs or rest players? It did happen but i dont think so nowadays, need to play for the winning run as did Forest, confidence and all that. going to be a helter skelter couple of weeks. Head says miss out, heart says yessss get in. Lets not forget the last play off we only just sneeked in!!

It's pointless playing for opposition in the playoffs as youve ultimately gotta to beat the best team in it. Going to Boro needing a draw won't sit well with me mind.

steve cooper

It's pointless playing for opposition in the playoffs as youve ultimately gotta to beat the best team in it. Going to Boro needing a draw won't sit well with me mind.
But what does make sense is resting your best players if your position is locked in, to avoid any possible injuries

Robinshio

I still think 71 will do it, but that means 3 wins out of 4
I just did the predictor and put us on 70 and finishing 2nd to norwich on 71 (which means they get 10 points out of 12)
so 70 may be enough ? or even 69

Madly i had sunderland in 11th on 67 - so it looks like its tight all the way now

it would be amazing to get to the last game with it in our own hands

steve cooper

I still think 71 will do it, but that means 3 wins out of 4
I just did the predictor and put us on 70 and finishing 2nd to norwich on 71 (which means they get 10 points out of 12)
so 70 may be enough ? or even 69

Madly i had sunderland in 11th on 67 - so it looks like its tight all the way now

it would be amazing to get to the last game with it in our own hands
Those are the points I came up with for us and Norwich, but I'm now thinking West Brom are the team to watch. I had them on 67 points with 2 wins, but one of them wasn't yesterday's game. 3 more wins and a draw from 5 games will put them on 70 with a decent GD.
I'm fairly sure 69 won't be enough.

Grendel

It’s not inconceivable that Sunderland could get another 3 wins at least - Huddersfield and Watford at home West Brom away and Preston away at the end

Injuries have cleared up and they’ve lost 1 in 7

covcity4life

It’s not inconceivable that Sunderland could get another 3 wins at least - Huddersfield and Watford at home West Brom away and Preston away at the end

Injuries have cleared up and they’ve lost 1 in 7
The old typical Mowbray collapse has happened again......oh wait

The Philosopher

But what does make sense is resting your best players if your position is locked in, to avoid any possible injuries
I think that’s a good point.

If Middlesboro have secured 3rd before the last day, would they risk the likes of Akpom in their game against us?

One’s initial thoughts are “don’t be ridiculous” but with the amount of money riding on promotion taking risks in a dead rubber for them seems senseless.

(incidentally, would they play us immediately after if they are 3rd and we scrape 6th?)

I think we’ll draw Blackburn, tonk Reading, Doug will get his brother to bribe the skint blue noses with a few free shaving products and we will last minute penalty win that.

Final game: need a result at second string Boro.

Robins did tell us that it’s time to dream, right?

Grendel

The old typical Mowbray collapse has happened again......oh wait

Didnt we win 4 out of the last 5 in the season he fucked up here? I’m sure he will engineer a way to fail again and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Users who are viewing this thread