Points performance vs last season (1 Viewer)

JulianDarbyFTW

I think it was our lord and saviour Aidy Boothroyd who said 1.6 points per game gets you in the playoffs, and 2 points per game the autos.

Sky Blue Harry H

Results for those games last season were LLWWWL in that order. Probably benefitted from playing Cardiff at home at a good time, and obviously were very good in both games vs Millwall. Hopefully Millwall still can't handle us as was clearly the case last season.

We didn't play Posh last season (but we'll hopefully beat them!). Cardiff - I'm hoping the extra day's rest plus running at their back 4 might help get something. Millwall - you'd have to fancy us, unless we get a really weak ref, Luton will be difficult - they are decent (Blues freak result aside)

skybluesam66

now targetting 99 points at current rate
Taking home and away separately would be 92

Probably the difference between 1st and 2nd :)

I notice we are 40/1 for the title and 33/1 for relegation - almost equal chance per the bookies

SeaSeeEffCee

Forest (H) - 1-2 to 2-1 (+3)
Barnsley (a) - 0-0 to 0-1 (-1)
Blackpool (a) - 0-2 to 1-0 (+3)
Reading (h) - 3-2 to 2-1 (0)
QPR (a) - 0-3 to 0-2 (0)
Middlesbrough (h) - 0-2 to 2-0 (+3)
Cardiff (h) - 1-0 to 1-0 (0)
Millwall (a) - 2-1 to 1-1 (-2)

+6 on equivalent fixtures from last season. Peterborough (h) next who replace Rotherham’s results so that’s a 3-1 win from last season.

Gibbo

QPR (a) - 0-3 to 0-2 (0)

+6 on equivalent fixtures from last season. Peterborough (h) next who replace Rotherham’s results so that’s a 3-1 win from last season.
6 points off = 11 now, and that would place us notionally around 13th & 14th. Comparing the like for like games is the best way to look at it imho.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Mirrors the 39-43 spell we needed to survive, great that we have it at the start this year and does give a far better platform and the fitness/quality of play is streets ahead of last year but the key for me is the game vs game performances which have been encouraging so far.

Sky Blue Pete

Mirrors the 39-43 spell we needed to survive, great that we have it at the start this year and does give a far better platform and the fitness/quality of play is streets ahead of last year but the key for me is the game vs game performances which have been encouraging so far.
Key thing for me is the performance
We’ve also removed the mistakes and penalties which is great

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

QPR (a) - 0-3 to 0-2 (0)

Wouldn’t that Blackpool difference be 0 - we beat the play off winners 2-0 and also beat Blackpool. No points difference

higgs

How many points had we after 11 games last season?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skybluesam66

from our remaining games
1 ppg = 57 points 2 points more than last season
1.2 ppg (which is what we averaged last season) = 64 points (our best since relegation from the PL = 66 points - so we are in that territory if we now play at last seasons level)
1,5 PPG = 74 points - which should be good enough for play offs
we probably would need to keep on current trajectory for autos

SeaSeeEffCee

Blackpool (a) - 0-1 to 1-0 (+3)
QPR (a) - 0-3 to 0-2 (0)
Peterbough (h) - 3-1 to 3-0 (0)
Luton (a) - 0-2 to 0-5 (0)
Fulham (h) - 0-2 to 4-1 (+3)

Up to +9 from last seasons equivalent fixtures. Next three are Blackburn away (+1 last season), Preston away (0) and Derby at home (+3).

Wouldn’t that Blackpool difference be 0 - we beat the play off winners 2-0 and also beat Blackpool. No points difference
I replaced the relegated/promoted teams with their equivalents from last season based on table positions, so Fulham, who finished 18th in the Prem, swap with Norwich who finish top of Champ. Best relegated team swaps with best promoted team and so on. Blackpool swapped with Sheff. Weds who finished bottom last year, and who we lost to away from home.

Users who are viewing this thread