Points performance vs last season (1 Viewer)

SeaSeeEffCee

Seen people do stuff like this before so will try and keep this updated throughout the season. Swapped Norwich with Fulham, Watford with West Brom, Brentford with Sheffield United, Wycombe with Hull, Rotherham with Peterborough and Sheffield Wednesday with Blackpool. Doesn’t quite match up quality wise but best way of doing it.

Forest (H) - 1-2 to 2-1 (+3)
Barnsley (a) - 0-0 to 0-1 (-1)
Blackpool (a) - 0-2 to 1-0 (+3)
Reading (h) - 3-2 to 2-1 (0)
QPR (a) - 0-3 to 0-2 (0)
Middlesbrough (h) - 0-2 to 2-0 (+3)
Cardiff (h) - 1-0 to 1-0 (0)
Millwall (a) - 2-1 to 1-1 (-2)

+6 on equivalent fixtures from last season. Peterborough (h) next who replace Rotherham’s results so that’s a 3-1 win from last season.

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

Was thinking about this this morning albeit, hard to actually compare as a like for like but good to know all the same.

Didn't it take ages for us to get an away win last season or am I thinking the L1 season we won the league the year before?

SeaSeeEffCee

Was thinking about this this morning albeit, hard to actually compare as a like for like but good to know all the same.

Didn't it take ages for us to get an away win last season or am I thinking the L1 season we won the league the year before?
First away win last season was Wycombe at the start of December, although I think it also took us ages to win away in League One as well, might have been the Wycombe game in December as well.

SeaSeeEffCee

Correct, it took even longer to win away in our title winning season than it did last season. Mad really but think we won nearly every away game after that one
Helped that we only lost 2 away up to that point as well, we were just drawing a lot and winning the majority of our home games. Think the only away game we didn’t win afterwards were Fleetwood and Rotherham.

Mucca Mad Boys

The last two season our first away win was around the Xmas period. Wycombe away in 2019/20 season and Millwall in 20/21.

Which makes our start all the more encouraging because we’ve dominated both teams we’ve played away.

Skyblueweeman

thats so much easier to follow than philosrapters thingy

I was thinking the same but do you know what, I think match threads wouldn't be the same without those graphs/stats he puts up before each game that I'm sure quite a few don't understand.

I just look at the 4 digit numbers after each team and assume that if ours is higher, we're favourite or in better form!

Alkhen

Much gentler start this year, got to be good for moral.

The first 10 fixtures were brutal last year, we did so well to keep our heads above the water. The usual bedwetters on here were unbearable up until we had an easier stretch of fixtures later in the season

1629294715794.png

doubt it'll happen but i just hope that people can put things into a bit of perspective and see the season as a whole if we hit a rough patch. we are more than capable of progressing to an established Championship team again but it'll be easier if fans don't rag on the team after a few losses.

Last edited:

ccfcricoh

There you go, takes us up to 10 games.
Reading H
QPR A
Mid'boro H
Cardiff H
Millwall A
Peterboro H
Luton A

how many points in this block? 9 or 10 for me
2 wins and 2 draws there for me

14 from 10 which averages about 64 over the season, which would be a good improvement

SBT

That's pretty much promotion form isn't it?

Or is it play off form?

Over a whole season it would be worth 69 points (nice)

That would have seen you finish 8th last season, and the season before that

Reactions: vow

BackRoomRummermill

Party pooper here - we have only played 3 games one of which we have lost … I will not pass any judgement until at least the end of October where we will have some idea - I am as desperate as the next person for us to succeed , but too much hype here at the moment - look at the comments in the first 45 mins against Forest proves too much knee jerk reactions going on - keep it classy and balanced

SeaSeeEffCee

Have update the OP. Matched last seasons result by beating Reading at home so we remain 5 points ahead of last seasons points total from the same games.

Johhny Blue

Party pooper here - we have only played 3 games one of which we have lost … I will not pass any judgement until at least the end of October where we will have some idea - I am as desperate as the next person for us to succeed , but too much hype here at the moment - look at the comments in the first 45 mins against Forest proves too much knee jerk reactions going on - keep it classy and balanced
Are you absolutely sure we’ve only played 3 games?

SkyBlueMatt

Since the Reading game has been and gone. The games left in the initial group that have been mentioned.

QPR A
Mid'boro H
Cardiff H
Millwall A
Peterboro H
Luton A

5/6 would be a good return but I would be over the moon with 8 points.

The difference in performance is the biggest plus. Its completely different from last year, we are actually in games and so far have been the better team in all four so far.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

SeaSeeEffCee

Since the Reading game has been and gone. The games left in the initial group that have been mentioned.

QPR A
Mid'boro H
Cardiff H
Millwall A
Peterboro H
Luton A

5/6 would be a good return but I would be over the moon with 8 points.

The difference in performance is the biggest plus. Its completely different from last year, we are actually in games and so far have been the better team in all four so far.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Results for those games last season were LLWWWL in that order. Probably benefitted from playing Cardiff at home at a good time, and obviously were very good in both games vs Millwall. Hopefully Millwall still can't handle us as was clearly the case last season.

Users who are viewing this thread