Coronavirus (1 Viewer)

Ring Of Steel

The CCP lost control near enough straight away, WHO were too busy lining their own pockets to tell us the truth, suppose it had nothing to do with the CCP investing vast sums into the home country of the director general of the WHO.

Hey Marty, are you "the" mart? If so I think we are related :)

SkyBlueDom26

Itz all baaaantz m8 ;)

Anyway you are such an illiterate chav you might have been trying to say I am a 'nurse' or something, so I will now put you on the naughty step and continue with my day.
giphy.gif

wingy

No shit, sherlock :woot:
There's a bit in the Gaurdian this morning (lefty rag ) claims a doc/proff in a Uni has come up with one but he needs collaboration and then human testing .
Tried 4 doses on himself with no adverse effect. Whether that means it's any use or just headline grabbing?

skyblue1991

Ireland vs Italy 6 nations game has been postponed. A number of towns in Italy are in lock down due to the 11 deaths.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

LastGarrison

Had to send one of my team home yesterday for self isolation yesterday as he’d just returned from a work trip to Northern Italy.

The poor lad was meant to be going on holiday today.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Had to send one of my team home yesterday for self isolation yesterday as he’d just returned from a work trip to Northern Italy.

The poor lad was meant to be going on holiday today.
That is a pity. I wonder if his cancellation will be covered by his travel insurance or the company's (for his work trip)?

LastGarrison

Doubt the companies will as it is not a work related trip but I’ll ask just in case.

Was on about this earlier with someone else and they said when they checked their insurance it wouldn’t be covered as they don’t pay out for pandemics.

wingy

Doubt the companies will as it is not a work related trip but I’ll ask just in case.

Was on about this earlier with someone else and they said when they checked their insurance it wouldn’t be covered as they don’t pay out for pandemics.
Opinion on TV today is it's dependent on what the FO guidance is .

wingy

By products of all this.
Acceleration of isolationism re manufacturing and trade.
Opportunity to clean up re the market's, acquisitions etc.

Marty

By products of all this.
Acceleration of isolationism re manufacturing and trade.
Opportunity to clean up re the market's, acquisitions etc.

Correct, the big oil players (BP, Shell, Exxon etc) are about 20% down from a month ago purely because of China. Got to be worth a few grand.

BackRoomRummermill

On the face of it, defo looks a worthy punt. Need to have a deeper look but thanks for the heads up.

CCL price will drop to sub 20 I am waiting , great dividend as well , when this is rinsed through expect 100. % profit minimum it’s just a waiting game ,

Saddlebrains

Come on then lads. Is this going to kick off and lead to us being quarantined or not? Seems to be popping up all over the place now

BackRoomRummermill

Yep , work from home if you can and stock up with emergency supply

Water , long life milk tinned food dried pasta and rice packet mash tinned meat tinned fruit , freeze the luxury items and you can also freeze tap water . Paracetamol and most important guiness

Marty

Yep , work from home if you can and stock up with emergency supply

Water , long life milk tinned food dried pasta and rice packet mash tinned meat tinned fruit , freeze the luxury items and you can also freeze tap water . Paracetamol and most important guiness

Remember to keep your car topped up with fuel too. If it gets really bad then things like the power and water will be off so worth getting stuff like matches/lighters, candles, things to cook with, water purifiers etc.

I usually keep about 2 weeks worth of tinned food in anyway, been stocking up slowly and currently have about 2 months worth of tinned stuff.

Saddlebrains

Holland now as well as Northern Ireland. The thing that gets me is Italy. How the hell has that spiralled up out of nowhere? A developed country with good healthcare and bam, northern Italy is in lockdown.

It's starting to turn into the stuff of a Hollywood movie now, i laughed last week when my mrs started telling me we will all be told to isolate for a week or 2 up and down the whole country.

Starting to think this could be a possibility.

Also, nothing in Coventry as of yet, but its half term. If anything blows up here it will be once the kids go back next week

Marty

Holland now as well as Northern Ireland. The thing that gets me is Italy. How the hell has that spiralled up out of nowhere? A developed country with good healthcare and bam, northern Italy is in lockdown.

It's starting to turn into the stuff of a Hollywood movie now, i laughed last week when my mrs started telling me we will all be told to isolate for a week or 2 up and down the whole country.

Also, nothing in Coventry as of yet, but its half term. If anything blows up here it will be once the kids go back next week

We get stuff in from China fairly regularly at work, those deliverys are few and far between now and new processes have been added, so everything has a chemical wash to ensure safety. I doubt it'll be long before they tell us to stay at home.

wingy

Sounds like the New one in California.
Under their noses in a hospital for a week without being tested .

Saddlebrains

We get stuff in from China fairly regularly at work, those deliverys are few and far between now and new processes have been added, so everything has a chemical wash to ensure safety. I doubt it'll be long before they tell us to stay at home.

See i find this interesting. Do you think this will be a widespread shutdown from government of right 2 weeks, everyone self isolate even if healthy until this passes?
Or individual business doing that?

Either way the markets are plummeting at even the thought of it. Cannot imagine if it was a full blown lockdown of the country

Marty

See i find this interesting. Do you think this will be a widespread shutdown from government of right 2 weeks, everyone self isolate even if healthy until this passes?
Or individual business doing that?

Either way the markets are plummeting at even the thought of it. Cannot imagine if it was a full blown lockdown of the country

I think it'll initially come from the businesses, pointless being in work if your staff can't do anything, still have the wages to pay out but can save a lot on other things, for example we burn through about 5k of services a day during winter.

China's economy has tanked lately, so it's ordered it's citizens back to work, which is shambolic. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the west once the markets take a real hit.

David O'Day

Italies problem is the don't know who their patient zero is so they are struggling to identify people who have been exposed

wingy

Italies problem is the don't know who their patient zero is so they are struggling to identify people who have been exposed
Think they do from what I read yesterday.
A guy presented himself unwell over roughly a week 4 times before they got round to testing him.
So he's inflected members of the health profession,they have dealt with other clients, meanwhile he'd also inflected his pregnant wife ,friends and random people from venue's he'd frequented.

David O'Day

Think they do from what I read yesterday.
A guy presented himself unwell over roughly a week 4 times before they got round to testing him.
So he's inflected members of the health profession,they have dealt with other clients, meanwhile he'd also inflected his pregnant wife ,friends and random people from venue's he'd frequented.
The reports I read yesterday said the search is still on

Sick Boy

Northern Italy is not on lockdown, I live in Verona in Veneto and there is no lockdown and nothing is any different on a day to day basis.

wingy

The reports I read yesterday said the search is still on
Well it's not definitive but this guy's caused a lot of political angst , resignation I think.
I read this yesterday so could be crossover, but that's the kind of profile that may fit patient zero.
Same has happened with the Californian case, except the client was already in hospital untested.

Liquid Gold

I think the markets are just getting a bit jittery at the idea of loads of people not going in to work. I'm still not too worried about the virus, it seems to spread pretty rapidly but the fatality rate is reasonably low and providing you don't have any underlying health concerns it seems similar to the flu.

Sick Boy

I think the markets are just getting a bit jittery at the idea of loads of people not going in to work. I'm still not too worried about the virus, it seems to spread pretty rapidly but the fatality rate is reasonably low and providing you don't have any underlying health concerns it seems similar to the flu.
The people in Italy who have died have been very old or suffering from severe health issues. The government was also reporting the cases differently to other countries so it seemed like more, apparently.
It’s a huge over reaction that’s been whipped up by the media.

Users who are viewing this thread