Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (17 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Spain care not for the unvaccinated. Boo hoo etc.
Was supposed to go to Spain on Friday for the weekend, but it's the UK imposition of a day 2 PCR test and isolation on return that has made me cancel. Pretty pissed off. It's all playing up to the idea that any Covid problems we're going to have are due to other countries.

robbiekeane

Was supposed to go to Spain on Friday for the weekend, but it's the UK imposition of a day 2 PCR test and isolation on return that has made me cancel. Pretty pissed off. It's all playing up to the idea that any Covid problems we're going to have are due to other countries.
Why has it made you cancel? Is the rule that you have to self isolate for 2 days until you get your test result back?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Spain care not for the unvaccinated. Boo hoo etc.

Two flights came into the Netherlands from South Africa of which 61 people tested positive when they landed. Due to the QR code giving a false sense of security to hide behind, there was no requirement to be tested on departure. With the new variant it is madness really. Those people no doubt infected others on the aircraft.

jimmyhillsfanclub

It is pretty easy though.

If they start telling people not to visit family at Christmas you´ll get a lot who will go along with it too.

Personally I'll be picking and choosing from here on in...... I'll defo be catching up with my unvaccinated brother & heading out on the lash regardless.....(y)

....but that invite for the in-laws to join us for Xmas dinner looks like it may have to be withdrawn.....😷

NorthernWisdom

It is pretty easy though.

If they start telling people not to visit family at Christmas you´ll get a lot who will go along with it too.
That's a pretty flippant answer really. If the scientific advice is to not mix at Christmas then I won't, because I care about being able to mix with my Mum for years to come and have to look out for her.

However, this is throwing out something that there's no indication of happening, so I may as well, at this stage, be discussing whether I should go on my intergalactic flight or not.

jimmyhillsfanclub

My hunch is that this variant will turn out like all the others.....a bit more transmissable but less harmful/deadly.....its what viruses do innit?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

That's a pretty flippant answer really. If the scientific advice is to not mix at Christmas then I won't, because I care about being able to mix with my Mum for years to come and have to look out for her.

However, this is throwing out something that there's no indication of happening, so I may as well, at this stage, be discussing whether I should go on my intergalactic flight or not.

Considering Christmas events are being cancelled over Europe, I do not think it is unreasonable to suggest that might happen to a greater degree over the next four weeks. The pattern is pretty predictable to follow a lot of the time.

baldy

Would be nice if the unions weren’t demanding on muffling students all day long. They shouldn’t have had to isolate in the first place.

Saw pictures from a national teachers awards ceremony last night where not one of them were wearing masks & hugging etc & having the time of their lives &,as of tomorro,kids are being told to muzzle up again all day long to protect themselves & the teachers? Fucking hypocrites

Kieranp96

Well just announced anyone 18+ can get 3rd jab, 3 months after 2nd and anyone who is immune comprimised can get 4th jab after 3 months feom 3rd.

Jamesimus

Saw pictures from a national teachers awards ceremony last night where not one of them were wearing masks & hugging etc & having the time of their lives &,as of tomorro,kids are being told to muzzle up again all day long to protect themselves & the teachers? Fucking hypocrites

Muzzle. BINGO!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Well just announced anyone 18+ can get 3rd jab, 3 months after 2nd and anyone who is immune comprimised can get 4th jab after 3 months feom 3rd.

This all smacks of outright blind panic now.....what happened to following the science?.....the science that until last week told us that there was no significant waning of antibodies (and more importantly T-cell & memory B cell) up to 6+ months.....

...This booster boost will also no doubt start a scramble for booster appointments possibly resulting in younger less vulnerable folks receiving a booster after only 3 months while some the 40 & 50 somethings now strugling to find a slot to even hit the originla 6 month target.....

giphy.gif

PVA

They were doing nothing wrong according to the rules though.

You can say that you think the rules are wrong, but I don't think you can say the teachers were doing anything wrong.

Grendel

They were doing nothing wrong according to the rules though.

You can say that you think the rules are wrong, but I don't think you can say the teachers were doing anything wrong.

It’s not illegal to consume a bottle of whiskey a day - I don’t think you really need to make it that aware it’s not great

Amazing you think teachers have no minds of their own

PVA

It’s not illegal to consume a bottle of whiskey a day - I don’t think you really need to make it that aware it’s not great

Classic whataboutery as per.

The new rules were announced just a couple of hours before the ceremony anyway.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

This all smacks of outright blind panic now.....what happened to following the science?.....the science that until last week told us that there was no significant waning of antibodies (and more importantly T-cell & memory B cell) up to 6+ months.....

...This booster boost will also no doubt start a scramble for booster appointments possibly resulting in younger less vulnerable folks receiving a booster after only 3 months while some the 40 & 50 somethings now strugling to find a slot to even hit the originla 6 month target.....

giphy.gif
It will also trigger a scramble for bog roll.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He thinks no one has any mind whatsoever.

Brighton Sky Blue

I always wear it despite not liking it, some colleagues aren’t always as compliant shall we say

Users who are viewing this thread