Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (5 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

Meanwhile, just had this email, which is selling it as travel, but ironic given the will they / won't they playing out atm...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Starting today you can apply for a Digital Passport.

The Coronavirus Digital Passport is documentation proving that you have been vaccinated against COVID-19 or you recently recovered from COVID-19.

jimmyhillsfanclub

You over 50 yet? ;)

tbh we're late enough this time around we're probably OK for the coming year (especially if AZ are more confident) and they are saying it'll be an annual programme like flu... which I assume will allow for people pushing 50 but not quite there to pay for one, going forward from 2022!

:D

No, i'm not over 50:D besides....the flu jab is free this year to anyone who'll be 50 before 31 March 2022.....I've just booked mine at Boots as getting access to my GPs is currently harder than escaping Kabul....

chiefdave

Meanwhile, just had this email, which is selling it as travel, but ironic given the will they / won't they playing out atm...
That might be a scam as its been available for ages. You need the NHS app, slightly oddly not the NHS covid app, and its in there. Gives you 2 QR codes which change every couple of days. One is for domestic use and the other for travel.

NorthernWisdom

:D

No, i'm not over 50:D besides....the flu jab is free this year to anyone who'll be 50 before 31 March 2022.....I've just booked mine at Boots as getting access to my GPs is currently harder than escaping Kabul....
Yeah I've booked Boots. Be aware that last year they cancelled me and Mrs Wisdom (who's elegible for it free) at the last minute, so keep on eye on when your GP's clinics are!

chiefdave

So. Less than a month after scraping vaccine passports one of the most vaccinated countries in the world
And what's happened since they reinstated the vaccine passport in Israel? You don't need to be a data analyst to see the link there.

Or look to the US. States where events require proof of vaccine and / or negative test seem to be stable, other states going through the roof. Although they seem to go vaccine passport and mask mandates or nothing so you also have to account for the use of masks. Seeing bands that are touring the US cancelling dates in States where vaccine passports aren't in use but playing where they are.

Remember when Florida was 'proof' that it was safe to remove the mask requirements? As the kids say, that hasn't aged well.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Daughter and myself loads better , my self isolation finishes Friday at midnight . I’m working from home for the rest of the week .
My wife bless her has had really bad symptoms including a rash but continues to test negative. She’s gone for an appointment to get her oxygen levels checked as shes very wheezy

baldy

Daughter and myself loads better , my self isolation finishes Friday at midnight . I’m working from home for the rest of the week .
My wife bless her has had really bad symptoms including a rash but continues to test negative. She’s gone for an appointment to get her oxygen levels checked as shes very wheezy

Sorry for being ignorant but isn't that just literally what it is though if she keeps being tested negative,a rash?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Sorry for being ignorant but isn't that just literally what it is though if she keeps being tested negative,a rash?
Apparently if she has antibodies the virus can not be detected , she works as a nurse and wants to be 100% clear before she goes back to work . Hopefully it’s just a heavy cold which seems to be the case

Sky_Blue_Daz

Spoke to track and trace yesterday and they said to expect sickness and diarrhoea after 10 days as well !

Evo1883

Apparently if she has antibodies the virus can not be detected , she works as a nurse and wants to be 100% clear before she goes back to work . Hopefully it’s just a heavy cold which seems to be the case

I've had a horrendous cough , started with a head cold basically .
Had the shits too and felt terrible sick shivery in bed .

every test negative

Grendel

Alert came up on my phone for the winter plan saying that plan a is personal responsibility. That’s reassuring.

It is as we need to stop any thoughts of further restrictions to peoples liberty

skybluetony176

It is as we need to stop any thoughts of further restrictions to peoples liberty
Except the freedom to not catch a potentially life threatening illness from a selfish moron who thinks it’s their right to do what the fuck they wants in anyway they see fit regardless of consequences to someone else.

Grendel

Liberty without social responsibility = anarchy

Dont agree - you cant force vaccines and you can’t restrict movement for ever. Now rates are declining in deaths and hospitalisation and if you take out the non vaccinated element it’s well within NHS capacity so there’s little more that now can be done

Grendel

With a shotgun?

But that’s the point - you set a policy in the NHS to treat socially responsible people on all levels or you don’t. Ban meat eaters from bowel cancer treatment? Or ban meat altogether?

Grendel

Restricting my civil liberties to shoot people randomly and cause them distress.

would you introduce a flu vaccine passport in tbe winter for over 60’s?

skybluetony176

would you introduce a flu vaccine passport in tbe winter for over 60’s?

Flu vaccine take up in the over 60’s is always good, typically about 75% but I think it was actually over 80% last year. So I don’t think it’s an issue in itself or as a wider issue. For starters seasonal flu is neither as deadly as Covid or as transmissible. Secondly the issue with the Covid vaccine isn’t that enough over 60’s haven’t had it it’s that enough people in other age groups haven’t had it. So by resisting Covid vaccine passports all you’ll end up doing is punishing the the people who have had vaccine to not upset the people who have refused the vaccine.

Then there’s the people who can’t have the vaccine for clinical reasons or people with suppressed immune systems who the vaccine might not be effective with and will be reluctant to mix in settings where they feel exposed. What about their liberties? Should they stay inside to protect the liberties of people who are basically arseholes?

Users who are viewing this thread