Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (62 Viewers)

Evo1883

Haha yeah the heart attack argument has been done a hundred times on here 🤣

The latest PHE report says that the vaccine does reduce transmission.

By how much

Nick

Administrator
I don't consider myself left wing, I consider myself centre left.

You can't compare this to sports injuries or other illness/injuries. It's completely novel.

You have a choice of taking a perfectly safe vaccine that reduces the chances of you becoming ill. That makes you more valuable to your employer. Like it or not that's a fact. We are hiring at the moment and i would not employ an anti vaxxer.

Of course stat sick pay is a legal obligation. I have not said otherwise, and I am not saying its a credit to Morrisons that they pay it.

Like I said, I am not condoning forced vaccinations, that is wrong. But people have a choice, and they have to accept whatever comes with making the choice they make.
What about massively obese people who are at more risk of covid and potentially illness in general?

PVA

The NHS are talking of making vaccines compulsory so I presume you lads will be directing your ire at them and not Morrisons if that happens!

Grendel

I’m sure you should not be asking people at an interview their medical background and confidential information.

Grendel

What about massively obese people who are at more risk of covid and potentially illness in general?

He’s acting illegally

PVA

I find it funny that Grendel gives full backing to a man who wanted to 'let the bodies pile high' but the thought of a small group of people getting less sick pay is the most abhorrent thing of all time.

PVA

All we need is for O'Day to finish his Friday night IRA social and we'll have the full set of clowns in here tonight.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Grendel

Discussion 😁 it’s just bickering and making up daft scenarios to try and “win”

Eh? Have you even read the Morrison’s article?

PVA

A quick scroll through the Morrisons topic on twitter shows that the majority of people agree with it.

You lads that think a small group of numpties losing out on some sick pay is the most abhorrent thing ever are in the minority. You've taken it waaaay too seriously.

fernandopartridge

A quick scroll through the Morrisons topic on twitter shows that the majority of people agree with it.

You lads that think a small group of numpties losing out on some sick pay is the most abhorrent thing ever are in the minority. You've taken it waaaay too seriously.
It is the basic principle you thick twat

PVA

It is the basic principle you thick twat

Yeah the basic principle of taking a safe vaccine to protect yourself, your colleagues, your customers. Not fucking rocket science is it. Morrisons have every right to want to keep their employees and customers safe.

Freedom of choice does not mean freedom of consequence. This is what people don't seem to understand.

fernandopartridge

Yeah the basic principle of taking a safe vaccine to protect yourself, your colleagues, your customers. Not fucking rocket science is it. Morrisons have every right to want to keep their employees and customers safe.

Freedom of choice does not mean freedom of consequence. This is what people don't seem to understand.
It's not even about the covid vaccine

NorthernWisdom

I agree with your last paragraph but, again, what's the point of Morrison's doing this? Get Covid when unvaccinated and the probability of needing more time off than is usually funded by employers goes up so, ultimately, the status quo punishes unvaccinated people anyway.

Not that I have much sympathy with the people it'll impact...

PVA

I agree with your last paragraph but, again, what's the point of Morrison's doing this? Get Covid when unvaccinated and the probability of needing more time off than is usually funded by employers goes up so, ultimately, the status quo punishes unvaccinated people anyway.

Not that I have much sympathy with the people it'll impact...

Vaccinated people don't have to isolate if they get pinged, unvaccinated people do so I guess that's a large part of it?

Brighton Sky Blue

If Morrison’s wasn’t so shit there might be a transmission risk

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

fernandopartridge

Well it is. But what do you think it is about then?

The principle?
The principle is that your employer decides which illness is worthy of sick pay and which isn't.

I asked you before, should somebody double vaccinated yet off work ill with covid get paid yet somebody unvaccinated shouldn't?

Is Morrison's giving its staff paid leave to go and get the vaccine?

Sick Boy

There are quite a few jobs now in Italy where the Green Pass is now mandatory, including health workers, teachers etc. They reckon that by October this will include supermarket staff. Genuinely think that by November it’ll be a mandatory vaccine, like hepatitis.

PVA

The principle is that your employer decides which illness is worthy of sick pay and which isn't.

I asked you before, should somebody double vaccinated yet off work ill with covid get paid yet somebody unvaccinated shouldn't?

Is Morrison's giving its staff paid leave to go and get the vaccine?

But you can't compare this to any other illness. It's completely novel. It's not like they're saying 'hmm people with cancer you can have sick pay, people with heart disease sorry tough luck lolz'

If someone vaccinated is off work with Covid and someone unvaccinated is off with Covid they both get stat sick pay. If Morrisons decide they want to give the person that only did the bare minium to try and prevent becoming ill with Covid the bare minimum of stat sick pay, while giving the person who actually took steps to try and prevent it, well you can't blame them and they're perfectly entitled to.

PVA

There are quite a few jobs now in Italy where the Green Pass is now mandatory, including health workers, teachers etc. They reckon that by October this will include supermarket staff. Genuinely think that by November it’ll be a mandatory vaccine, like hepatitis.

Well these lads, who definitely haven't gone waaaay over the top with their reaction, who are outraged at Morrison’s just reducing sick pay, not forcing anyone to have the vaccine, must be apoplectic at this news.

Philosorapter

I don't know if this has already been mentioned in the thread but Scotland is now just 11 days away from having more beds filled in hospitals than there was during the peak of last winter's pandemic.

CCFCSteve

I’d imagine most of these arguments have been made but may be lost in the bickering 😊

Morrison’s won’t be the first or the last. Shmmeee mentioned I think Delta Airlines have bumped up PMI costs for unvaccinated staff which is far worse.

Whilst I don’t like backdoor mandating people to take vaccines (I’ve always felt it should be individuals choice). You can understand Morrison’s position. Currently if youre double jabbed and pinged you don’t have to quarantine. If you’re not you should. Also we don’t know how many people might’ve taken the piss with being pinged and staying off work for a couple of weeks ?! It would be relatively easy to do if you know someone who’s got covid.

They are still paying sick pay if you get covid (vaccinated or unvaccinated) or have symptoms. In addition the more people vaccinated the less likely internal spread at the company and/or to customers

Id they were cutting sick pay for unvaccinated who actually caught covid, I’d 100% be against it. Also theyve potentially caused a new issue of people without symptoms ignoring the ping and still going in and spreading ! Not good.

Grendel

I don't know if this has already been mentioned in the thread but Scotland is now just 11 days away from having more beds filled in hospitals than there was during the peak of last winter's pandemic.

Yet they have a stricter policy than England regarding mask wearing

Users who are viewing this thread