Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (13 Viewers)

SBT

So no proof of any conspiracies then.

On Tuesday you said the reports on potential new restrictions in October were deliberately leaked as part of a government psy-op to prepare the masses for a new lockdown, before accusing unnamed authorities of waging a “vaccine war” against the public. What was your source for that?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

highly unlikely, they've all got an 'agenda'

Why are you talking to each other? You are the same person. Weird.

On Tuesday you said the reports on potential new restrictions in October were deliberately leaked as part of a government psy-op to prepare the masses for a new lockdown, before accusing unnamed authorities of waging a “vaccine war” against the public. What was your source for that?

Government policy on covid has been leaked previously. True or false?
Israel (the most vaccine advanced by numbers country) has said it needs boosters implemented now otherwise there will be another lockdown. True or false?

Trying to argue that something is a conspiracy because you have a different point of view is lazy.

SBT

Why are you talking to each other? You are the same person. Weird.

Government policy on covid has been leaked previously. True or false?
Israel (the most vaccine advanced by numbers country) has said it needs boosters implemented now otherwise there will be another lockdown. True or false?

Trying to argue that something is a conspiracy because you have a different point of view is lazy.

True and true. Just waiting for you to connect all the dots for me now (Is Pepe Silvia involved at all?)

Constructing a narrative based on two vaguely related facts like that is pretty classic conspiracy theory stuff, but if calling you out on that makes me lazy, then I don’t know what to else to say. Hard to say much else until you offer any actual evidence for what you’re arguing, but then again I wasn’t the one rambling about proper sourcing earlier.

(Claiming that I am in fact another poster in disguise based on the fact that he keeps quoting me doesn’t really help your reputation either btw)

Sky Blue Pete

Incontestable statement time.

Vaccines drastically reduce the risk of death and serious illness from Covid.

Everybody can agree with that... can't they?
It’s should be but I’m not certain of everyone and certainly there’s a stubborn hardcore in society who think that Covid is a myth

PVA

I used to be a bit fearful of needles mostly because of the horror stories you'd hear in school leading up to getting the BCG which was actually fine but you'd be led to thinking it was being delivered via rusty lance by a knight on speeding horseback.

When I had my first jab it bloody hurt, bled lots when they look the needle out and I had a big lump there for a few days. Think they must have hit a vein or muscle or something!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

True and true. Just waiting for you to connect all the dots for me now (Is Pepe Silvia involved at all?)

Constructing a narrative based on two vaguely related facts like that is pretty classic conspiracy theory stuff, but if calling you out on that makes me lazy, then I don’t know what to else to say. Hard to say much else until you offer any actual evidence for what you’re arguing, but then again I wasn’t the one rambling about proper sourcing earlier.

(Claiming that I am in fact another poster in disguise based on the fact that he keeps quoting me doesn’t really help your reputation either btw)

Reputation? Haha, you should get outside more. This isn't prison or something. Also, you shouldn't be pointing the finger at me. If you are running two accounts then you should be more careful about using them to back yourself up so blatantly all the time.

Again, you have called something a conspiracy because it doesn't fit your point of view. It is lazy. There is nothing false about what I said, which is something you literally just admitted. The country with the most jabs given is looking down the barrel of another lockdown, which is in all likelihood what will happen here. Given that the government have leaked policy several times during the pandemic, you would have to be incredibly naïve not to think it could happen in a scenario which could well cause a lot of backlash. Probably more than any of the decisions they have made so far.

If you cannot handle debate on such matters, take your two accounts and go play with your crayons instead.

COV

Reputation? Haha, you should get outside more. This isn't prison or something. Also, you shouldn't be pointing the finger at me. If you are running two accounts then you should be more careful about using them to back yourself up so blatantly all the time.

Again, you have called something a conspiracy because it doesn't fit your point of view. It is lazy. There is nothing false about what I said, which is something you literally just admitted. The country with the most jabs given is looking down the barrel of another lockdown, which is in all likelihood what will happen here. Given that the government have leaked policy several times during the pandemic, you would have to be incredibly naïve not to think it could happen in a scenario which could well cause a lot of backlash. Probably more than any of the decisions they have made so far.

If you cannot handle debate on such matters, take your two accounts and go play with your crayons instead.

As an aside to all these pleasantries, I do like the way you end every post with a variation of "I claim victory", "you can't handle it" (y)

fernandopartridge

People lie on twitter all the time. Are you really that stupid?

We had it on here not too long ago when an ICU worker claimed there were no beds left.

Hans, are we the baddies?
Is that the one that put something out then quickly corrected it and withdrew the tweet, pretty compelling evidence of a conspiracy Indeed

fernandopartridge

Public Health England about to start publishing vaccination status of cases

Been lobbied by consultant Twitter who have heard that Earlsdon Sky Blue says they're lying

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Public Health England about to start publishing vaccination status of cases

Been lobbied by consultant Twitter who have heard that Earlsdon Sky Blue says they're lying

When did I say that unvaccinated people making up large numbers in hospitals was a lie?

You are so deluded that you are just making things up now.

Evo1883

OK I've had a look and am I reading correctly that over 40s basically are catching covid at a higher rate despite being fully vaccinated ?

Maybe I'm reading it wrong

Evo1883

Because the majority of over 40s are vaccinated. The vaccine isn't going to stop you catching it and never was going to.

It's a strange one because it states on the government site that you are less likely to catch it in the first place .. that's why I was a bit shocked at those figures , your point on majority vaccinated makes it make sense

The death figures read well in terms of protection

fernandopartridge

It's a strange one because it states on the government site that you are less likely to catch it in the first place .. that's why I was a bit shocked at those figures , your point on majority vaccinated makes it make sense

Yeah, and let's be honest the virus is being allowed to let rip now in a way that it hasn't before. Hopefully there is how a good level of acquired + vaccine induced immunity to help with winter

fernandopartridge

Interesting reading his threads.
The timing of the booster jabs critical.
May not be just dithering or prevarication .
Israel jumping straight in with them may be counter productive further on I think.
I do wonder how much the booster is actually being driven by Pfizer

fernandopartridge

wingy

It's been proactively pushing for booster programmes just months after rolling out its vaccine. It just feels like they're looking to exploit a lot of fear and unknown. It's cynical but they are an overtly commercial organisation:

In contrast the head of AZ was quoted along with his second in command being far more discerning about who would actually get/need it venturing as far to suggest mass boosters would also overload the NHS regards staff lost to the program.

SkyBlueScottie

Hopefully I'm just getting to the end of this bloody virus, until yesterday I've struggled to do anything since Bank Holiday Monday. Yesterday was the first day where my time was spent "normally" ie looking after myself , sitting up , watching TV,and I have got to say, I've never felt so rough in my life as I have done over the last week or so.
I honestly can't make any sense of it. At the same time, the MIL and her husband have had it, he has not had any jabs, and has found himself requiring assistance to breathe ( still doesn't believe Covid exists) my Sister in law, 8 months pregnant, not had any jabs, and while feeling poorly has thankfully not required hospital admission. I realise the above doesn't add to this thread in terms of it being a conspiracy etc , but wanted to say, remain on your guard, whether you belive Covid exists, or whether it was man made or a naturally occurring virus, whether you are willing to be vaccinated or not, I would advise you to take every precaution you can, so, wash your hands, keep a distance from others, because if you do get it, then there's a chance you are going to feel like absolute shit for a week or so, or possibly worse.

Kieranp96

And originally yiu was able to avoid it but delta varient, higher viral load = higher chance of catching it, its common sense really.

Grendel

In contrast the head of AZ was quoted along with his second in command being far more discerning about who would actually get/need it venturing as far to suggest mass boosters would also overload the NHS regards staff lost to the program.

They of course also were leads than happy when the U.K. delayed second doses and wanted everyone done twice in 4 weeks - it’s now believed 8 weeks is the ideal time for a second Pfizer dose

NorthernWisdom

I don't quite know how me pointing out one person got something wrong once, as opposed to a scientific community pointing something out means it is in all probability 'not a lie' is in some way participating in an echo chamber but, there you go...

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I've found another conspiracy theory off twitter; it might help explain some of the vaccine hesitancy among younger people to those on this forum.

As you can see, the chances of dying from this virus at a young age is very slim. Not impossible of course, but slim. The vaccine has no real effect on anyone under the age of 50 when it comes to fatality either. However, in older people, it clearly does make quite a massive difference. A lot of people know this, but will be labelled as conspiracy theorists, anti-vaxxers, or told they can die if they get ill.

It would be nice to see some genuine healthy debate on these figures and the way people interpret them.

Users who are viewing this thread