Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (42 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
You practically accused the government of making up the death statistics as an excuse to bring lockdowns back

I said numbers could be massaged or spun to push things.

I also said now we have had lockdowns that people are more accepting of them and used to them.

COV

What would the government have to gain by enforcing lockdowns?

Exactly- been reading and you have Earlsdon basically saying that the govt want to deviously force people to accept lockdowns so that they can do it at the drop of a hat at any time.

What would they gain from doing that?

Nick

Administrator
So in this case, who are you suggesting would be massaging the numbers, and to what end?

The media certainly spin them to push political agendas.
The govt will also be spinning them / manipulating them to suit. Whether it's delaying figures etc.

Again, why are people spending so much time saying how the government are liars and don't do anything right but then trust that as gospel?

fernandopartridge

I'm sure someone asked before regarding hospital admissions but I can't find it.......how many of the 8k in hospital were actually admitted with covid compared to those that caught it in there or are just asymptomatic but simply tested +ve?

NHS England publish them; https://www.england.nhs.uk/statisti...09/Primary-Diagnosis-Supplement-20210902.xlsx

These are England figures only

On 31 August of the 6057 people in hospital with a covid diagnosis, 4601 were in there because of covid primarily (75%)

Assuming 75% as a rule of thumb then of the 8k in hospital with a covid diagnosis, 6k are there because of covid primarily.

The numbers with a diagnosis is important as more people in hospital with covid = greater risk of other non covid patients in hospital catching it

fernandopartridge

The govt will also be spinning them / manipulating them to suit. Whether it's delaying figures etc.

Again, why are people spending so much time saying how the government are liars and don't do anything right but then trust that as gospel?

The numbers are published by NHS England. The UK has some of the most open data in the world on covid hospital activity

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So the govt is actively suggesting loads of people are dying on thier watch from Covid that actually aren't to make people stay at home and shut things?

Yep, I can see how that would increase their popularity and make them look good.

SBT

The government don't publish the figures but OK

You still haven't said why either the media or the government would want to spin the figures. Do either one of those want another lockdown? Or is there a more simple explanation for the numbers being what they are?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Test came back as positive

Only test I’ve ever passed first time in my life

ajsccfc

Good old Matt, just saying what the silent majority who are unaware you can get a flu jab at a supermarket are thinking

hill83

few bits I’ve read suggest there is a strong support for lockdown again. Daily mail though so fuck knows

hill83

Controversial but if you’ve not had the jab and catch it now you can swivel. Think I’ve said that previously anyway.

I’ve also had a beer today so should probably leave it.

Edit: If you’ve had sufficient opportunity to have it of course

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Daz

Wife and me both work for nhs and are double jabbed

Daughter was supposed to have herjab on Friday

Feels like a really heavy cold

chiefdave

few bits I’ve read suggest there is a strong support for lockdown again. Daily mail though so fuck knows
Would be useful to know what question was asked.

Do you support lockdown if cases, hospitalisations and deaths stay at the level they are now is a very different question to would you support restrictions if cases, hospitalisations and deaths rose rapidly.

Kieranp96

Pi read somewhere like 3 days ago that the goverment are discussing just stopping testing and going as if it's the flue now lockdown? I might just get my visa here in Hungary and stay with my misses 😂.

hill83

Would be useful to know what question was asked.

Do you support lockdown if cases, hospitalisations and deaths stay at the level they are now is a very different question to would you support restrictions if cases, hospitalisations and deaths rose rapidly.

Say yes to wanting lockdown and we’ll sink an immigrant boat in the channel and give you 3 scratch cards.

Edit: possibly too far, calling it a day ha ha

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’m using my time off by watching all the marvel films in timeline order, full partridge and I’ve even got a bottle of sunny D 😉

Users who are viewing this thread