Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (12 Viewers)

skybluetony176

As an aside, I'd genuinely like to know what changed her. I'm guessing the beliefs she now holds don't make you disposed to take up nursing and pass an exam!
Maybe she’s just always been on the extreme ends of the political spectrum. It’s all far far left and far far right people that get taken in by the most idiotic of conspiracy theories. Far right especially, the majority of the ring leaders seem to be far right.

Evo1883

It's deffo to do with the footy ...

I fully expect it to rise a bit from around next week.

However if you look at the data in India of the delta varient , they had a sharp rise over the period of a month or so then the cases pretty much nosedived and its a country that has nowhere near the vaccine rate of us here , so what happened to it ?

Sick Boy

It's deffo to do with the footy ...

I fully expect it to rise a bit from around next week.

However if you look at the data in India of the delta varient , they had a sharp rise over the period of a month or so then the cases pretty much nosedived and its a country that has nowhere near the vaccine rate of us here , so what happened to it ?
What’s going on with the vaccine rollout there at the moment, is it hesitancy amongst the younger lot that’s slowed it down?

Evo1883

What’s going on with the vaccine rollout there at the moment, is it hesitancy amongst the younger lot that’s slowed it down?

Not sure mate , the country has an astronomical population , it must be hard and there are a hell if alot of densely populated poor areas that probably struggle for access to the vaccines .

I'm more intrigued about the way the cases dropped off , how did it happen in such a densely populated country with less vaccines administered than many countries

Sick Boy

Not sure mate , the country has an astronomical population , it must be hard and there are a hell if alot of densely populated poor areas that probably struggle for access to the vaccines .

I'm more intrigued about the way the cases dropped off , how did it happen in such a densely populated country with less vaccines administered than many countries
I was on about the UK haha.
I’d imagine that less % of people are tested compared to western countries.

Evo1883

I was on about the UK haha.
I’d imagine that less % of people are tested compared to western countries.

Sorry mate .

I think the cases here went up because of the European championships.. it's been basically 2 weeks since then and we've peaked by the looks of it with cases and now are seeing some decline .

However it could rise again after restrictions lifted on July 19th so will probably see cases rise again from next week .

I have a few people on my Facebook that won't get vaccined .
Sadly social media has caused alot of hesitantcy with misinformation flying about and people lap it up and it does tend to be people mid 30s and below ..what can you do , I don't believe we should force people either so it's difficult

Sick Boy

Sorry mate .

I think the cases here went up because of the European championships.. it's been basically 2 weeks since then and we've peaked by the looks of it with cases and now are seeing some decline .

However it could rise again after restrictions lifted on July 19th so will probably see cases rise again from next week .

Sadly social media has caused alot of hesitantcy with misinformation flying about and people lap it up and it does tend to be people mid 30s and below ..what can you do , I don't believe we should force people either so it's difficult
I agree about the football causing a spike - there has been one in Rome linked to it as well.
I reckon here they'll get to around 75% of first doses and hit a wall. They've introduced the 'green pass' - essentially a covid passport - to use gyms, sit indoors at restaurants etc, which has led to a sudden increase in first doses being booked amongst those aged 40 plus. It's got to the point where I think, fuck 'em - we can't let misinformation risk more waves, lockdowns and deaths.

Evo1883

I agree about the football causing a spike - there has been one in Rome linked to it as well.
I reckon here they'll get to around 75% of first doses and hit a wall. They've introduced the 'green pass' - essentially a covid passport - to use gyms, sit indoors at restaurants etc, which has led to a sudden increase in first doses being booked amongst those aged 40 plus. It's got to the point where I think, fuck 'em - we can't let misinformation risk more waves, lockdowns and deaths.

I think most countries will be lucky to see 90% uptake in adult vaccines .

But surely , that's good enough no ?

Brighton Sky Blue

Sorry mate .

Some schools have now been shut for a while and they along with students were most of the new cases. Now they’re all shut it should make an even bigger difference

Sick Boy

Let’s hope so!
I reckon most will get to around 80% at the most. I reckon here by the end of July 50% will be double jabbed, which has been some going over the last couple of months.

Evo1883

Some schools have now been shut for a while and they along with students were most of the new cases. Now they’re all shut it should make an even bigger difference

The problem is mate as many have said , is we will probably atleast for the foreseeable have rises and falls in cases .

I know it's bad to say but it's a reality , but we have to get to a point where we understand what an acceptable level of cases and deaths are before we hit the panic button.. deaths are inevitable no matter the restrictions In place , and life must start moving on at some point

Once second doses are administered to all adults willing ... what more can be done

Sick Boy

The problem is mate as many have said , is we will probably atleast for the foreseeable have rises and falls in cases .

I know it's bad to say but it's a reality , but we have to get to a point where we understand what an acceptable level of cases and deaths are before we hit the panic button.. deaths are inevitable no matter the restrictions In place , and life must start moving on at some point

Once second doses are administered to all adults willing ... what more can be done
There’s still going to be an impact upon the NHS though that has a knock-on impact for other illnesses - it’s almost like it needs more funding.

Brighton Sky Blue

Have often said there needs to be a frank national discussion over what ‘acceptable deaths’ looks like but that is never going to happen with a government that prioritises being popular over doing its job

Grendel

30% of adults between 18 and 30 have not come forward - given we’ve achieved 90% in total it would seem the vast majority of plus 30’s have had it - they are bringing second vaccines forward of those not had it

skybluetony176

Possibly no. Made the point previously that it’s going to require pretty much 100% take up in adults in the U.K. to hit the 70-76% required percentage of the population to reach heard immunity as 21% of the U.K. population is under 18. Everyone knows not just one person but people who won’t get it. You mention in a previous post that you see it in under 30’s amongst your Facebook group of friends, I suspect that’s similar to your own age group, I’m nearly 50 so my group of friends are a different generation and I see it in them too. Possibly for different reasons to your friend group too. I get the impression that the main reason younger people don’t get the vaccine is because they think they’re invincible, I certainly did when I was younger. Whereas in the older age groups vaccine hesitancy seems to be based around Right Said Fred knowing more than scientists.

Grendel

The governments suggestion of vaccine passports is likely to get huge protests now looking at the protests across France and Italy as well as other countries suggesting it

D

Deleted member 4439

This woman is a complete fruit loop. Claims the vaccines killed every animal in testing, it changes your DNA.

Well, she is wrong about that. But everything you ingest change the expression of your dna, which is perhaps what she means.

Grendel

Well our take up is far higher than theirs for a start

It is but 30% of the lower age group have not had it and you can see from the anti vaccine protests in London how things can escalate

There’s even some reports of proof for entry to large events such as football matches

CCFCSteve

Possibly no. Made the point previously that it’s going to require pretty much 100% take up in adults in the U.K. to hit the 70-76% required percentage of the population to reach heard immunity as 21% of the U.K. population is under 18. Everyone knows not just one person but people who won’t get it. You mention in a previous post that you see it in under 30’s amongst your Facebook group of friends, I suspect that’s similar to your own age group, I’m nearly 50 so my group of friends are a different generation and I see it in them too. Possibly for different reasons to your friend group too. I get the impression that the main reason younger people don’t get the vaccine is because they think they’re invincible, I certainly did when I was younger. Whereas in the older age groups vaccine hesitancy seems to be based around Right Said Fred knowing more than scientists.

Agreed. It currently feels like some under 30s dont think Covid is a big enough risk to them to have the vaccine. Although it doesn’t look like we’ll reach herd immunity levels with the vaccine, I’m hopeful that a combination of natural immunity/antibodies, plus the vaccines might get us up to the required level. You’d imagine the recent transmission amongst the kids/teenagers would help with this

Either way, even if we reach herd immunity levels, with international travel and large proportions of the world being unvaccinated, I think the virus will unfortunately be with us for a good while yet

Brighton Sky Blue

It is but 30% of the lower age group have not had it and you can see from the anti vaccine protests in London how things can escalate

There’s even some reports of proof for entry to large events such as football matches

You have focused on 30% who haven’t had it and not the 70% who have, which is pretty strong considering this group has been told certain vaccines are a bigger risk to them than the virus.

Users who are viewing this thread