Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (20 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

And so?
Working from home is hardly a doss either, it breaks down the barriers between work and personal time even more.
I work from home and probably do on average 12 hours a day 6 days a week.

When I was WFH it was basically from waking up to going to sleep. That said it is undeniably an option that exists mostly for those in middle class jobs and most of those doing it that I know are complaining of having watched everything on Netflix as they’re only having to be on screen perhaps a few hours a day.

Philosorapter

NZRL chief Greg Peters said it was "simply too unsafe" to take part.

"The safety and wellbeing of our people is the main priority, and unfortunately, that cannot be guaranteed to our satisfaction.

"There are stark differences between how the pandemic is being managed in the UK compared to Australasia, and recent developments have highlighted how quickly things can change.

"The tournament organisers have moved heaven and earth to make this work, so it is not an easy decision, but the Covid-19 situation in the UK shows no sign of improving, and it's simply too unsafe to send teams and staff over."

Grendel

"The safety and wellbeing of our people is the main priority, and unfortunately, that cannot be guaranteed to our satisfaction.

"There are stark differences between how the pandemic is being managed in the UK compared to Australasia, and recent developments have highlighted how quickly things can change.

"The tournament organisers have moved heaven and earth to make this work, so it is not an easy decision, but the Covid-19 situation in the UK shows no sign of improving, and it's simply too unsafe to send teams and staff over."

I think their biggest concern is the isolation rules when they get back

Ash Barty won’t be allowed to go home for months while on the tennis tour

shmmeee

When I was WFH it was basically from waking up to going to sleep. That said it is undeniably an option that exists mostly for those in middle class jobs and most of those doing it that I know are complaining of having watched everything on Netflix as they’re only having to be on screen perhaps a few hours a day.

Not sure I’d call call centre workers middle class but OK.

wingy

Mmmm, Simon Johnstone chair of the RFL just done a rather vitriolic interview with BBC news.
Rather disingenuous I thought harping on about the female and disabled teams not being able to participate.
I hardly think that is the overriding concern for him.

Sky Blue Pete

I can’t believe the government are allowing the situation to sleepwalk into a problem

Make a decision on the test trace isolate issue.

Surely waiting till 16/8 isn’t necessary for double jabbed and additional 2 weeks to self isolate and can test from today

Are they just waiting for serious issues? It’s bizarre

shmmeee

Hemce I said ‘most’. The bias would be overwhelmingly in favour of middle class jobs

But of course those on furlough will have been overwhelmingly working class (retail/hospitality/etc). I’m not sure trying to make this a class issue is particularly helpful.

Decoupling well paying jobs from large cities can only help local economies around the country which will almost certainly do more for working class people as a whole.

Ian1779

I can’t believe the government are allowing the situation to sleepwalk into a problem

Make a decision on the test trace isolate issue.

Surely waiting till 16/8 isn’t necessary for double jabbed and additional 2 weeks to self isolate and can test from today

Are they just waiting for serious issues? It’s bizarre
Everything will be blamed on the general public, and in particular young people. And the sycophants will lap it up rather than holding the government of the day to account.

baldy

Young people have also been dying from it too, including a member of this forum.
It’s not something worldwide global conspiracy ffs.

Didn't say it was....it's just a fact that the people that are dying the most are those in the 80 plus bracket

shmmeee

Didn't say it was....it's just a fact that the people that are dying the most are those in the 80 plus bracket

Should we end all pension spending? Everyone who gets that is old. What about social care, most of that’s old people too.

Users who are viewing this thread