Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (4 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

Basically another month before we get anything decent. Then itll be another 1.5 months at least before we get anything decent after that. But its progress.

CCFCSteve

BBC News - Covid-19: Boris Johnson plans to reopen shops and gyms in England on 12 April

... and boozers outdoors

Indoors from 17 May.

Not best pleased and think from late March/April, the amount of household gatherings will go through the roof - will be interesting to see if the modellers have built that in...doubt it !

Evo1883

Will the most vulnerable had had the vaccine and the 2nd dose by mid march... If so then the road map looks fine... Everybody talking about another lockdown on social media, but that doesn't seem possible unless a serious unexpected mutation of the virus comes about

We should hopefully be on the way to recovery pretty soon

Skybluefaz

Will the most vulnerable had had the vaccine and the 2nd dose by mid march... If so then the road map looks fine... Everybody talking about another lockdown on social media, but that doesn't seem possible unless a serious unexpected mutation of the virus comes about

I fucking hope so. This ain't living.

Evo1883

Boris hair looks like he struggled to take his tight fitting fluffy jumper off before getting into his suit

clint van damme

The government should be commended on the vaccine rollout, but people shouldn't forget the amount of unnecessary suffering caused by illogical decision making earlier on

I won't forget when I vote again

People shouldn't forget the amount of money they siphoned to their mates either.
Vaccine roll out has been great though and I think todays announcement has been sensible. Good road maps but with conditions in case things start going sideways.
Hopefully everyone adheres to the guidelines and we hit the targets set for reopening.

CCFCSteve

Yeah, this talk about another hospitalisations and deaths wave doesn’t really stand up to logic (or at least my non scientific logic)

Probably 25-30m high risk vaccinated by start April and increasing numbers receiving second doses
Those vaccinated possibly reduce transmission by up to 70%
Currently 20% population carrying antibodies (16-24 year olds ie spreaders ! it’s 25%)
Lower transmission amongst kids
Population still going to be masked up, keeping distance, washing hands etc

Maybe I’m being thick but unless there’s a vaccine resistant mutation (which could appear any time ie even after everyone’s vaccinated), where the fuck is this wave coming from ??

Evo1883

Yeah, this talk about another hospitalisations and deaths wave doesn’t really stand up to logic (or at least my non scientific logic)

Probably 25-30m high risk vaccinated by start April and increasing numbers receiving second doses
Those vaccinated possibly reduce transmission by up to 70%
Currently 20% population carrying antibodies (16-24 year olds ie spreaders ! it’s 25%)
Lower transmission amongst kids
Population still going to be masked up, keeping distance, washing hands etc

Maybe I’m being thick but unless there’s a vaccine resistant mutation (which could appear any time ie even after everyone’s vaccinated), where the fuck is this wave coming from ??
Exactly

ajsccfc

One dose of vaccine against Covid-19 in Scotland has cut hospital admissions by more than 85%, according to the first data to be published on the impact of the UK programme.

By the fourth week after receiving the initial dose, the Pfizer and Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccines had reduced the risk of hospitalisation from Covid-19 by up to 85% and 94% respectively, according to a study by Scottish universities and Public Health Scotland.

Really starting to feel like (relative) normality is in sight

clint van damme

it probably isn't coming at all, but it makes sense to put the caveat in. Don't forget one important scientific fact, large swathes of the British public are absolute cunts.

Ian1779

I still think the schools plan is a mistake. Could have mitigated by telling school leaders they can use the last 3 weeks to stagger kids in as they see fit around testing - before a full return after the Easter break. You cannot logistically test an entire secondary of 1000+ pupils twice in a week.

shmmeee

I still think the schools plan is a mistake. Could have mitigated by telling school leaders they can use the last 3 weeks to stagger kids in as they see fit around testing - before a full return after the Easter break. You cannot logistically test an entire secondary of 1000+ pupils twice in a week.

Don’t get the mad rush with only three weeks of term left at all. Summer term just makes so much more sense unless you think Zahawi really does think March 8th is three weeks after mid April.

chiefdave

Staggering the kids return would be sensible IMO. The holidays abroad one is the alarm bell for me after what happened last summer. If things continue the way they have been going people will be heading off to places that are way behind us with vaccinations. Surely not a great idea.

clint van damme

Staggering the kids return would be sensible IMO. The holidays abroad one is the alarm bell for me after what happened last summer. If things continue the way they have been going people will be heading off to places that are way behind us with vaccinations. Surely not a great idea.

my neighbours have just returned from Spain after a few months over there. Got to self isloate for 10 days and have spunked over £400 quid on tests.
If they keep that in place I think it will deter a lot of people.

Evo1883

Anti vaccine folk had better get their priorities straight, benidorm will go under if they don't have their jabs
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread