Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (44 Viewers)

chiefdave

My dad had the Pfizer vaccine. He's 91. All he got was a sore arm. Felt fine. Heard of people who had the Oxford one though and suffered.
Had Pfizer yesterday from my GP, was incredibly efficient. Got there at my allotted time, they've got it so finely planned my time was 1:01pm, two people ahead of me in the queue but multiple receptionist so no hold up. Was directed to my GP in room 5, walked in and he already had the jab ready so it was literally walk in the room, jab, off to the church next door which was the waiting area. Didn't stop moving the whole time and was in and out in a couple of minutes.

Arms a bit sore today and a very mild headache but that's it so far. From a very unscientific look on social media side effects seem more common with Astra so hopefully this is as bad as it will get for me.

jordan210

What a sh!t show

Dug them selves in a massive hole. If you donate them to other countries still doesn't look good. As basically saying isn't good enough for Germany but fine for 3rd world.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I think the further down the list for vaccinations we get, the more people will turn down the vaccine. I think a scarily large amount of under 40's are antivaxxers
I get that impression too from my work colleagues. Couple cited things like not knowing if it effects fertility and any long term impacts. Not sure a few antibodies is going to cause too much damage meself...

shmmeee

I get that impression too from my work colleagues. Couple cited things like not knowing if it effects fertility and any long term impacts. Not sure a few antibodies is going to cause too much damage meself...

Fucking morons. Scared of an unknown but very unlikely so will instead catch a disease with proven fertility issues and potential death.

No time for the anti vax lot. Gonna lose a few friends this year I reckon.

CCFCSteve

What a sh!t show

Dug them selves in a massive hole. If you donate them to other countries still doesn't look good. As basically saying isn't good enough for Germany but fine for 3rd world.

Absolute clowns. Macron in particular, saying the AZ jab was quasi ineffective, when by all accounts the French public is already very vaccine sceptic !

ps if rumours about the release of restrictions are correct I think there’s going to be some mistakes. Do the scientists/government want people to meet in controlled Covidsafe(r) environments ie a beer garden or even indoors in hospitality in limited groups/tables....or everyone piling round someone’s house, which I can guarantee will start to happen (if it’s not happening already). I hope Johnson has held back some more optimistic/positive news for his formal announcement

David O'Day

I don't agree with vaccine passports personally, not entirely sure what the objective of them is

To allow those who have been vaccinate to live as normal a a life as early as possible. It allows you to open up things earlier and no it's not to say no jab and you can never go the pub again it's more just if you have your jabs you are safer to come back earlier.

They seem to be working ok in Israel.

jordan210

Absolute clowns. Macron in particular, saying the AZ jab was quasi ineffective, when by all accounts the French public is already very vaccine sceptic !

ps if rumours about the release of restrictions are correct I think there’s going to be some mistakes. Do the scientists/government want people to meet in controlled Covidsafe(r) environments ie a beer garden or even indoors in hospitality in limited groups/tables....or everyone piling round someone’s house, which I can guarantee will start to happen (if it’s not happening already). I hope Johnson has held back some more optimistic/positive news for his formal announcement

Spotted this what shows how bad it is.

If you in the 65-75 age band in France its between August 2021 and March 2022 before you will get the jab

At the current rate it will be 2026 before France achieves what Boris is saying we should have by July !

Terry Gibson's perm

What a sh!t show

We can take it off their hands if they have no use for it and get even more of our people done quickly.

Liquid Gold

We've absolutely smashed the vaccine side of things. Now is the time to stay firm and not fuck it up by unlocking too soon. I hate the lockdown as much as anybody but we just have to do a bit more then we can open up with tiny cases and shut down local areas when cases arrise. Keep quarantine for entering the country in place and we'll have it sorted. Use the island to our advantage. I'm sick of seeing Australia and NZ friends going to festivals while I go to the shop for a treat.

Last edited:

Saddlebrains

To allow those who have been vaccinate to live as normal a a life as early as possible. It allows you to open up things earlier and no it's not to say no jab and you can never go the pub again it's more just if you have your jabs you are safer to come back earlier.

They seem to be working ok in Israel.

Not think that's a slight piss take though? Us under 50s 30s whatever have done what's asked of us to protect the elderly and vulnerable and the NHS.

We've done that.

So why would it be fair that said groups of people we've protected get to return to normality sooner while we still have to sit about and do nothing like the last year?

Personally don't see why, especially with the data on efficacy and transmission rate effectiveness of the vaccines, why we cant just crack on again once all over 50s and vulnerable have been jabbed.

This was never about cases or deaths. It was about protecting the NHS.

The figures and data show the vaccine will do this alone, no need for anything else.

But what do i know i said there wouldn't be a second wave. Regret saying that

David O'Day

We've absolutely smashed the vaccine side of things. Now is the time to stay firm and not fuck it up by unlocking too soon. I hate the lockdown as much as anybody but we just have to do a bit more then we can open up with tiny cases and shut down local areas when cases arrise. Keep quarantine for entering the country in place and we'll have it sorted. Use the island to our advantage. I'm sick of seeing Australia and NZ friends going to festivals while I go to the shop for a treat.

I'll be happier when we actually start getting more 2nd doses done, all teh repeatable great results from Israel are based on a 2 dose 21 day program

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I don't agree with vaccine passports personally, not entirely sure what the objective of them is

We've had certain inoculations required to visit certain parts of the world for a long while. Although those are more for personal health than public due to transmissable diseases.

Unless the vaccine is proven to be that you can't now transmit the virus I also don't see the point. I'd rather keep the quarantine period on arrival allied to testing.

If anything having a vaccine is more of an insurance thing, with companies refusing to cover you for catching Covid abroad without having been inoculated.

Sick Boy

My dad had the Pfizer vaccine. He's 91. All he got was a sore arm. Felt fine. Heard of people who had the Oxford one though and suffered.
Yeah, my parents both had the AZ one and were unwell for a couple of days, my girlfriend had the Pfizer one and was grand apart from after the 2nd shot her arm was very swollen and painful.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Not think that's a slight piss take though? Us under 50s 30s whatever have done what's asked of us to protect the elderly and vulnerable and the NHS.

We've done that.

So why would it be fair that said groups of people we've protected get to return to normality sooner while we still have to sit about and do nothing like the last year?

Personally don't see why, especially with the data on efficacy and transmission rate effectiveness of the vaccines, why we cant just crack on again once all over 50s and vulnerable have been jabbed.

This was never about cases or deaths. It was about protecting the NHS.

The figures and data show the vaccine will do this alone, no need for anything else.

But what do i know i said there wouldn't be a second wave. Regret saying that

Genuinely think one the over 60s had been done they should’ve started at the lower ages groups and worked up. Stop the deaths then stop the spreaders.

clint van damme

whens your German gig? Got a feeling it's not going to happen for us. If it does I'm going to wear a Vaccines t shirt.

clint van damme

waiting to the football seasons over until restrictions are lifted on sporting events!
Wonder if they'll be supporters in for the Euros though?

Users who are viewing this thread