Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (38 Viewers)

skyblueinBaku

Got my first vaccination yesterday evening, the oxford one, bit of a headache and queasy this morning but apart from that, all systems go
I had a similar experience after my first jab last week. The following day I had a headache, but that cleared up and I had no other reactions.

fernandopartridge

government lose court case regarding transparency of contracts handed out during pandemic, (squandering even more public money in the process).
Let's see how much MSM coverage this get.

Interesting. I'm as guilty as anybody in not publishing Contract Award Notices, the legal obligation to do so is pretty toothless (see the judgment here, there is no formal sanction or setting aside of the contract etc). I don't think it necessarily the case that people are trying to avoid scrutiny tbh, it will be as much down to publication of Contract Award Notices being quite low down the list of priorities when you're trying to buy goods and services in an emergency.

shmmeee

Missus was supposed to start vaccinating Monday, but they’ve run out of doses so not starting until later in the week. Wonder if this is the Pfizer slowdown they were on about.

skybluetony176

government lose court case regarding transparency of contracts handed out during pandemic, (squandering even more public money in the process).
Let's see how much MSM coverage this get.

clint van damme

Interesting. I'm as guilty as anybody in not publishing Contract Award Notices, the legal obligation to do so is pretty toothless (see the judgment here, there is no formal sanction or setting aside of the contract etc). I don't think it necessarily the case that people are trying to avoid scrutiny tbh, it will be as much down to publication of Contract Award Notices being quite low down the list of priorities when you're trying to buy goods and services in an emergency.

I appreciate you're far more knowledgeable on these matters than me but given who some of the contracts have gone to, their connections to the tory party and their lack of experience or expertise in the sectors they won contracts for I find it hard to believe there isn't something amiss.

Sky Blue Pete

From the Covid app

COVID in numbers

Daily new cases have fallen steadily for 6 consecutive weeks now, but in the last few days the rate of decrease has plateaued, with R values moving back towards 0.9. It’s unclear why this is happening, so please make sure you keep logging with us so we can follow this change in near real time.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I've had phlegm in the back of my throat for about 3 days. Keeping me awake more than normal. Literally won't go away.

Can't see that it is a covid symptom though.

ajsccfc

One dose of Pfizer is said to give 85% protection according to studies in Israel, and they've revised the storage so now it can be kept at a more normal refridgeration temperature. Let's get ice cream vans loaded up

skybluetony176

The more interesting cases are yet to come, they're mentioned in the judgment that the Good Law Project published. This one is just a slap on the wrist really.
Was reading it earlier

“Government’s behaviour came under criticism in the judgment. If it had admitted to being in breach of the law when we first raised our concerns, it would have never been necessary to take this judicial review to its conclusion. Instead, they chose a path of obfuscation, racking up over £200,000 of legal costs as a result. “

Sky Blue Pete

Just reading about a 48 year old man who had a stroke and died having waited 3 hrs for an ambulance whist 5 mins from the hospital. Clearly won’t be on on any Covid statistics

Sbarcher

Got my first vaccination yesterday evening, the oxford one, bit of a headache and queasy this morning but apart from that, all systems go
That’ll be the 6 pints and whiskey chasers!

skybluetony176

Anyway back to your normal schedules programming:

Just when I thought Johnson was starting to take scientific advice seriously:

Just what we were all saying. No reason to open everything straight away.
Mine won’t be going back. As a parent I feel I need to take up the slack of incompetent government. All he’ll be doing is sending us into a 3rd lockdown if he rushes everything back.

CCFCSteve

Anyway back to your normal schedules programming:

Just when I thought Johnson was starting to take scientific advice seriously:

Just what we were all saying. No reason to open everything straight away.

Its all rumours at the moment though Shmmeee, I’ve seen so many differing views in the press about what’s going to happen, as sides push their own agenda/apply pressure, who really knows.

I’d personally go primary back first (as easier for secondary school kids to study from home alone) and then secondaries go back end March.

Having said that, unless their is proper evidence to the contrary regarding high transmission in these areas (and assuming numbers continue to decline), I’d also have gyms and hospitality gradually reopening (with restrictions etc) from early April

shmmeee

Its all rumours at the moment though Shmmeee, I’ve seen so many differing views in the press about what’s going to happen, as sides push their own agenda/apply pressure, who really knows.

I’d personally go primary back first (as easier for secondary school kids to study from home alone) and then secondaries go back end March.

Having said that, unless their is proper evidence to the contrary regarding high transmission in these areas (and assuming numbers continue to decline), I’d also have gyms and hospitality gradually reopening (with restrictions etc) from early April

I think for me I’d want to see the current phase first jabs completed, so all over 50 and vulnerable. Or at least support those in that group to stay at home and shield until they get their jab, plus a couple of weeks for vaccine efficacy to get up to speed.

On current timescales I think that’s around mid April, plus say two weeks for the vaccine to kick in.

Takes a couple of weeks for it to spread from younger to older groups it seems, so say mid April. Summer term starts 25th so that seems like a good point to aim for for full opening. In the mean time do primaries and maybe final years of secondary if they can work a timetable out that allows distancing and doesn’t kill teachers still needing to remote teach other classes.

From start of May (my birthday what a coincidence), you’ll have an idea how cases are affected, assuming it’s all good I’d open up hospitality with strict rules like before and non essential retail. See how we go over summer with hotter weather and the vulnerable vaccinated. Hopefully by September most adults have had their first dose and we don’t ever need to lock down again.

Ian1779

I really hoped they had learnt something by now. When we opened in September daily cases were 1-2K. Now if he goes and opens full tilt on 8th March it’s likely cases will be around 7-8K. A phased return along with a vaccination program can end this once and for all, but we are destined to repeat it all over again.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Fair enough. Have to ask if the legislation stating about the Award Notices is deliberately toothless so they can get away with things like this though.

clint van damme

clint van damme

Marr pulling up Hancock on the court case. If I hadn't been sitting down I'd have fainted.
Hancock trying to lie his way out of trouble. Marr not letting it go, he's forgotten himself!!
Hancock trying to deflect by talking about the vaccination roll out. What a c**t.

skybluetony176

Marr pulling up Hancock on the court case. If I hadn't been sitting down I'd have fainted.
Hancock trying to lie his way out of trouble. Marr not letting it go, he's forgotten himself!!
Hancock trying to deflect by talking about the vaccination roll out. What a c**t.
Have you seen Starmer giving MHancock a free pass in his interview with Sophie Ridge yet?

Users who are viewing this thread