Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (12 Viewers)

clint van damme

I haven't but not surprised.
Not criticising the Tories is clearly his strategy.

Just watched it.
Carry on stealing, nothing to see here.

We should never have prosecuted Peter Sutcliffe, yes he killed 13 women but his deliveries were on time and his tacographs in order.

Ian1779

They’ll be people he’d have prosecuted and sent to jail for less.... and he can’t even ask him to resign.
Fucking wanksock.

Ian1779

As an aside, I was speaking to a bloke the other day who his child was actually learning *more* with schools shut. The child's got some learning difficulties, and not being distracted so much when lessons are online have meant his grades have shot up.
There could be a whole opportunity after this to look at learning for students that need additional support. Using combination of in lesson/online learning could really help to improve the experience for lots of students.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As an aside, I was speaking to a bloke the other day who his child was actually learning *more* with schools shut. The child's got some learning difficulties, and not being distracted so much when lessons are online have meant his grades have shot up.

I think academically that could be the case - two polar opposites. Those wanting to learn aren't being disrupted or distracted by those that don't and can go at a pace they want, often quite a bit quicker than the pace of the class.

On the other hand those than don't want to will be massively falling backwards and we'll very much have a massive disparity. Which links into the point of finding things that interest these kids to get them engaged rather than prescription a narrow curriculum based heavily on academic achievement but that an argument for a different time.

One thing that I think is universal is that it'll be stunting their social skills. You often find with prodigies that get degrees at 10 that they can't function in social settings because their entire concentration has been on academic achievement. It could be a lot worse without modern technology allowing them to keep in touch but it's still far from ideal.

mark82

Had my vaccine yesterday. Feel like someone's driven a truck into me today.

giphy.gif

Brylowes

Encouraging...

if the Government hold their nerve and refuse to bow to pressure we could be in a position of control over the virus in as little as 3 months, after a full year of being under the viruses control.
Am I confident they will step up and show the necessary resolve :unsure: No unfortunately.

It’sabatch87

Just spoke to my sister and she works in ICU at UHCW she’s really happy the way things are going and they are all so positive.Just saying the few that are coming on to the ward now are in there 20s/30s so hopefully the older generation are becoming less infective.
Onwards and upwards my fellow Skyblues!!

shmmeee

Saying foreign holidays is all well and good, but where else is going to be opened up? Missus’s Mum is a nurse in the Netherlands and isn’t expected to get her first dose until April. So we aren’t planning to see her this year.

chiefdave

Why is this being announced in the media again, didn't they get a telling off from the speaker for not addressing parliament first? Not even being subtle, you've got ministers on breakfast TV dropping out parts of tonights announcement.

Fear we've not learned from past mistakes and are rushing again. Whats really different about schools now to when they went back for one day? Teachers aren't vaccinated, majority of parents won't be either. Still I'm sure the leader of the opposition will side with the scientists, teachers and teaching unions and oppose this.

The overseas summer holidays seems an odd thing to commit to now. Why not push UK holidays rather than risk a repeat of last summer where we got our numbers right down only to have a surge when people came back from their holidays with it.

Users who are viewing this thread