Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (34 Viewers)

clint van damme

D’you know, I never knew of the link between Serco and the Tories until reading that and seeing the surname.

Rule of thumb, if a large contract was given out during the pandemic, the company involved has connection to the tories.

shmmeee

Rule of thumb, if a large contract was given out during a Tory Government the company involved has connection to the tories.

FTFY. This is literally their reason for existing, it didn’t start with the pandemic, they just couldn’t be arsed to hide it as much.

Go and have a look how much stock in private healthcare all those Tories with very strong opinions on how the NHS should be funded have.

shmmeee

Missed he was in Scotland, my bad. From what they were saying for both Eng and Scot on the radio earlier there should be a way to let them know if you think you’ve been missed. They were saying they can ask to be done at a GP as well but not sure if that’s just England.

Brighton Sky Blue

Missed he was in Scotland, my bad. From what they were saying for both Eng and Scot on the radio earlier there should be a way to let them know if you think you’ve been missed. They were saying they can ask to be done at a GP as well but not sure if that’s just England.

He initially called when his wife (74) had received the letter and was told he had to wait for the letter. Then he rang up those higher up who admitted they had sent the letter to the wrong address, and to wait for one to be sent to the correct place. Don't know what the latest with him is but last we heard he still hadn't been able to make an appointment.

shmmeee

He initially called when his wife (74) had received the letter and was told he had to wait for the letter. Then he rang up those higher up who admitted they had sent the letter to the wrong address, and to wait for one to be sent to the correct place. Don't know what the latest with him is but last we heard he still hadn't been able to make an appointment.

Sounds like a mess. Hope he gets it sorted.

shmmeee

This seems to explain what we were discussing yesterday around perceived priority changes

Saw something that said they’d told local areas to exercise judgement and bring in people not included on the list that they thought were vulnerable, but nowhere did so this expansion was to rectify that a bit.

shmmeee

To answer my own Q about vaccine plans, just came across this. Frustrating that we can’t see supply rates but understand why.

CEFFCE41-DDB9-47ED-8223-FB2AC1F345A2.png

RedSalmon

According to some papers Boris is waiting for the daily cases to fall below 1000 before easing restrictions.
Last week Jeremy Hunt suggested this would be the figure they would aim for before lifting restrictions. Maybe it's the usual 'drip drip' way of getting information out there to see how the public respond and get everyone used to the idea.

fernandopartridge

The 1k cases per day seems a bit arbitrary, I am all for not unlocking sooner than is safe, but I think you could probably tolerate a higher number of cases per day, particularly if, as more and more people are vaccinated, cases are milder.

Users who are viewing this thread