Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (42 Viewers)

wingy

Test results confirmed I have covid as expected.

Other than a slight twinge of a sore throat and achiness I felt fine yesterday, however it absolutely hit me hard overnight. I feel absolutely terrible, as in not wanting to get out of bed today if that was an option.

And for reference, I’m comfortably in the 15-44 age range and am pretty healthy (exercise daily, eat well overall; I ran a marathon three months ago!) and it’s the worse I’ve felt in a long long time.
Hope you both get through it ok and manage the childcare challenges.

Brylowes

Other than a slight twinge of a sore throat and achiness I felt fine yesterday, however it absolutely hit me hard overnight. I feel absolutely terrible, as in not wanting to get out of bed today if that was an option.

And for reference, I’m comfortably in the 15-44 age range and am pretty healthy (exercise daily, eat well overall; I ran a marathon three months ago!) and it’s the worse I’ve felt in a long long time.
All the very best mate, going by your age and general condition I’m sure you’ll soon put this behind you.
But at the same time if you ever feel worse than you think you probably should ‘seek medical help.

shmmeee

Hope you feel better mate

Sky Blue Pete

If breathing is an issue get medical assistance early rather than leave it mate. All the best

Brighton Sky Blue

Brighton Sky Blue

Resident goon Dr Jenny Harries:

1. Lateral flow tests twice a week are as good as one PCR

2. Teachers shouldn’t get vaccinated before reopening

3. Schools will reopen first in areas of less infection

This woman has been shit every time she comes out to speak

fernandopartridge

That really is nonsense, if a test is unreliable it is unreliable, taking it twice doesn't change that. She's a fucking idiot.

robbiekeane

They could at least vaccinate older teachers. I can’t imagine the stress of teaching in a pandemic if I was over 50 or vulnerable.
My mum is a teacher and is over 60. Think I mentioned before. She got covid a couple of months ago and then gave it to the whole family. Thankfully they are all fine but she very much could have been a different story. Every time I think of that I get angry

Ian1779

This is literally in complete contradiction to what they have said at the in-school testing centre... which incidentally is still not ready to go until the 25th Jan and that with virtually no one in school.

NorthernWisdom

My mum is a teacher and is over 60. Think I mentioned before. She got covid a couple of months ago and then gave it to the whole family. Thankfully they are all fine but she very much could have been a different story. Every time I think of that I get angry
What government also seems to forget is it's all very well pushing to keep schools open, but if they finish off half the teachers while they're at it, there'll be nobody left to teach them anyway. Glad she's OK.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah, we're so close to actually sorting this issue, it seems madness to rush it all at the end, really.

It’s this implicit mistrust of teachers providing remote learning that I find most infuriating. By the summer term we may well be able to teach freely, just hold on for this term

NorthernWisdom

It’s this implicit mistrust of teachers providing remote learning that I find most infuriating. By the summer term we may well be able to teach freely, just hold on for this term
Yep, and there's the risk if you rush, it ends up bitty for longer than it has to be, too.

At University level, it seems equally chaotic. Some universities have committed to online only teaching for a fair old while (Cambridge, York etc) while others... haven't (Oxford etc.) University lecturers threatening to take matters into their own hands...

Seamus1

Best wishes to you and your partner for a full and speedy recovery.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep, and there's the risk if you rush, it ends up bitty for longer than it has to be, too.

At University level, it seems equally chaotic. Some universities have committed to online only teaching for a fair old while (Cambridge, York etc) while others... haven't (Oxford etc.) University lecturers threatening to take matters into their own hands...

It should be practical courses in only.

cowboy1850

The slowness of this government is showing in the daily numbers now, relaxing the rules and not locking down earlier even before Christmas.

Will they learn any lessons or will we get another relapse somewhere in 2021?

wingy

It's open to debate and pretty subjective but if it had got to that stage it's a Gov't resignation scenario when you consider the modern advantages compared to the same number occurred a century ago through Spanish flu.

Last edited:

Brylowes

It's open to debate and pretty subjective but if it had got to that stage it's a Gov't resignation scenario when you consider the modern advantages compared to the same number occurred a century ago through Spanish flu.
The majority still seem to think Boris and his government are doing well.

Sick Boy

Good luck mate, keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread