Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (24 Viewers)

stupot07

There is no way of getting through this without lockdown breaking transmission and vaccination for long term protection.

The infection heat maps show when you unlock everything, the virus rips through the younger and less vulnerable and spreads into the elder and more vulnerable population.

My great aunt in her 80s caught covid in her care home just before Xmas and died a few days later of it in hospital.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

What about other groups that are at risk - say an obese diabetic black man with high blood pressure? Should he be under house arrest?
Was just going to post this. Over 70s seem to be getting used interchangeably with at risk and they're massively different groups, albeit with some overlap.

The first phase priority group for vaccination is based on who is more at risk and that's everyone over 50 plus staff working in care homes, health & social care workers, clinically extremely vulnerable and those in an increased risk group (which includes things like people with asthma, diabetes or obese). That's estimated to be over 25 million people, although there's talk of adding staff in education in as well, no idea how many that would add.

You can't lock all those people up. Even if you could what about people they live with, do you lock them up as well, if not then surely the plan falls apart? Plus how on earth would you enforce it. We can't even get to grip with who should be wearing masks, we came up with the brilliant system of asking people if they had a valid reason not to wear one and not being able to question their response.

According to NHS England from September to Jan 7th there were 55,050 under 65s admitted to hospital with covid out of a total of 152,182. That would suggest even if you did lock up all the over 70s you wouldn't be able to remove restrictions.

clint van damme

Yeah so who's straining the NHS most at the minute?

You are as usual missing the point.
Yes, the elderly. But there's no suggestion it's to do with the behaviour of that age group which us what you're suggesting.
Unless you've got evidence?

And even forgetting about the over 75s, look at the numbers for 45 to 74. Or do you want to give them us fuck you as well?

stupot07

Just 2 days worth of data from the 5th and 6th Jan
ea41ed92aeb7c0b36a279061368bd703.jpg
bbcfba05a3b87843a590df1548988f6f.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Fecklessly working to feed themselves, whilst fecklessly trying to support an elderly relative newly on their own, and struggling with the death of their wife?
Yeah exactly my point. If the elderly relative didn't have contact with somebody who works in a hospital every day......

clint van damme

Yeah exactly my point. If the elderly relative didn't have contact with somebody who works in a hospital every day......

So you don't want elderly people to have contact with any relatives and you don't want them to go out to the shops.

If want to euthanise old people surely you can suggest something more humane than locking them in a house and starving them to death.

fernandopartridge

I haven’t hugged my parents in months, my kids are unable to do their extra curricular groups. But we’re not stopping our lives are we!
No, we're not. I've barely seen my family in a year but to suggests lives are on hold really is over the top.

I hate the restrictions but they're pretty light given the context, 100k dead in 10 months, nearly 40k people in hospital currently 4k of which are incapable of breathing for themselves.

stupot07

No, we're not. I've barely seen my family in a year but to suggests lives are on hold really is over the top.

I hate the restrictions but they're pretty light given the context, 100k dead in 10 months, nearly 40k people in hospital currently 4k of which are incapable of breathing for themselves.

And to put in to context we usually have c7k deaths due to flu annually.

fernandopartridge

You are as usual missing the point.
Yes, the elderly. But there's no suggestion it's to do with the behaviour of that age group which us what you're suggesting.
Unless you've got evidence?

And even forgetting about the over 75s, look at the numbers for 45 to 74. Or do you want to give them us fuck you as well?
It isn't the elderly, the majority of people in hospital are under 70. Younger age groups are hospitalised with covid in greater numbers but don't die.

chiefdave

It isn't the elderly, the majority of people in hospital are under 70. Younger age groups are hospitalised with covid in greater numbers but don't die.
Another thing that seems to be ignored is that those who get in it and then 'recover' potentially have permeant lung and / or heart damage. We simply don't know how that is going to play out in the years to come. Might be nothing, hopefully isn't, but not sure its something that can just be ignored at this stage.

stupot07

Another thing that seems to be ignored is that those who get in it and then 'recover' potentially have permeant lung and / or heart damage. We simply don't know how that is going to play out in the years to come. Might be nothing, hopefully isn't, but not sure its something that can just be ignored at this stage.
A colleague whos in their 50s got it before Xmas, and is still off work with it because of the damage its done, they weren't even hospitalised.

clint van damme

A colleague whos in their 50s got it before Xmas, and is still off work with it because of the damage its done, they weren't even hospitalised.

Same with my mate and his wife. They're back now but both got long covid and missed more time off with it than they had off in their lives

Brighton Sky Blue

Plus who's to say you won't be the first to catch a new and worse strain, it seems to be mutating like nobody's business

Nick

Administrator
Plus who's to say you won't be the first to catch a new and worse strain, it seems to be mutating like nobody's business
May as well just ask hang ourselves now or lock ourselves up apart from work forever.

Or maybe we can stop cunts coming in from abroad completely to bring it in if it's from abroad.

Brighton Sky Blue

May as well just ask hang ourselves now or lock ourselves up apart from work forever.

Or maybe we can stop cunts coming in from abroad completely to bring it in.

It can mutate in this country as well. I hate working all the time with no light relief either too buddy

Users who are viewing this thread