Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (13 Viewers)

ajsccfc

The one originally here that fell by the wayside was just about the illness, compared to some of the stuff in this thread it was a bunch of old dears at a bus stop asking how Marjorie's got on with her piles

Ccfcisparks

I live next to a supermarket and it is so frustrating seeing the same cars drive into the car park day in day out. Usually the same suspects (you can guess who) getting out for a pint of milk and a loaf of bread. It confuses me how the supermarket has become a social hub that people go to everyday. Surely if you can't get a delivery then going once a week is better. People only have to hold out slightly longer until they get their vaccine yet still persist with pointless trips.

SBT

I live next to a supermarket and it is so frustrating seeing the same cars drive into the car park day in day out. Usually the same suspects (you can guess who) getting out for a pint of milk and a loaf of bread. It confuses me how the supermarket has become a social hub that people go to everyday. Surely if you can't get a delivery then going once a week is better. People only have to hold out slightly longer until they get their vaccine yet still persist with pointless trips.

Proper curtain twitcher! Don’t forget to get the license plates.

chiefdave

Djokovic is a nob, always has been. That bint moaning about not having someone to wash her hair, unreal levels of privilege. Ultimately the Australians proven right because of the number of cases they've discovered.

Self entitled pricks. They knew the situation when they went there. The fact that there's people in the group testing posting shows they're absolutely right to have the quarantine in place.

Sky Blue Pete

chiefdave

Not sure Djokovic is really in a position to be telling others how they should manage covid restrictions given how the tournament he put on went.
World number one Novak Djokovic said he is "so sorry" after becoming the latest tennis player to test positive for Covid-19.

Grigor Dimitrov, Borna Coric and Viktor Troicki all revealed they had coronavirus after playing at Djokovic's Adria Tour competition.

Great_Expectations

We woke up to a text confirming my partner tested positive for Covid yesterday. Chances are that means I have it too - I went for a test first thing this morning, so I should know by tomorrow.

She feels terrible, I feel fine at the minute, albeit potentially starting to feel as though I am getting cold/flu like symptoms (although that could just be phantom/sympathy symptoms!). I am low risk, and while she is slightly vulnerable, based on the evidence of who has suffered most so far, I think we will be fine.

My biggest concern is isolating and being locked down 24/7 with a 4 month and 16 month old. No nursery or childcare bubbles will be tough as I am still working full time (from home), even more so if we both start to feel shit.

So frustrating on a number of levels, more so as we have been pretty careful; not proactively seen people other than our childcare bubble (who in turn haven't seen anyone), not left the house other than exercise, or trips like nursery drop offs, food collection etc. However, unfortunately my partners Dad is going through a tough time and has been dropping in (and even occasionally staying over!) uninvited (and us explaining why) for a few weeks, while continuing to work, play golf/drink afterwards before Lockdown started. We have since learnt he wasn't feeling well the last time he came round, but still did!!

Annoyed, frustrated and hoping my partner recovers soon, and there are no lingering effects on us or the kids.

Sky Blue Pete

We woke up to a text confirming my partner tested positive for Covid yesterday. Chances are that means I have it too - I went for a test first thing this morning, so I should know by tomorrow.

She feels terrible, I feel fine at the minute, albeit potentially starting to feel as though I am getting cold/flu like symptoms (although that could just be phantom/sympathy symptoms!). I am low risk, and while she is slightly vulnerable, based on the evidence of who has suffered most so far, I think we will be fine.

My biggest concern is isolating and being locked down 24/7 with a 4 month and 16 month old. No nursery or childcare bubbles will be tough as I am still working full time (from home), even more so if we both start to feel shit.

So frustrating on a number of levels, more so as we have been pretty careful; not proactively seen people other than our childcare bubble (who in turn haven't seen anyone), not left the house other than exercise, or trips like nursery drop offs, food collection etc. However, unfortunately my partners Dad is going through a tough time and has been dropping in (and even occasionally staying over!) uninvited (and us explaining why) for a few weeks, while continuing to work, play golf/drink afterwards before Lockdown started. We have since learnt he wasn't feeling well the last time he came round, but still did!!

Annoyed, frustrated and hoping my partner recovers soon, and there are no lingering effects on us or the kids.
Bless you guys

fernandopartridge

Good luck to you. I spent the first 3-4 months of lockdown working from home with my 1 month old and a 2 year old. It's difficult but then again you have to take the positives, it's nice to see them everyday (when I was commuting I often missed bedtimes and even went for days barely seeing my lad as a baby).

Great_Expectations

Good luck to you. I spent the first 3-4 months of lockdown working from home with my 1 month old and a 2 year old. It's difficult but then again you have to take the positives, it's nice to see them everyday (when I was commuting I often missed bedtimes and even went for days barely seeing my lad as a baby).

I have been WFH full time since March so those positives aren’t quite the silver lining they once were, as much as I love the kids!

The difference in productivity and freedom to do things on the days the older one is at nursery/grandparents and the days she home all day is significant.

I appreciate it’s small scale compared to the issues some are going through, and we’re fortunate to have children, still be working etc.

Partner has had to go back to bed she’s feeling that shit, so it’s an afternoon of Peppa Pig, Hey Duggee, Bing the Bunny and dirty nappies for me!

Last edited:

CCFCSteve

Teams on the left, SBT in the middle and work on the Right.

Always need work in one screen so the Mrs doesn't accuse me of playing on the interwebs all day.

She's worse than the boss.

I bet it’s not always used for Teams, especially out of hours 😉

Rich

I bet it’s not always used for Teams, especially out of hours 😉
Out of hours I don’t come in here mate, this is work.

I am keen to keep that separation, when I clock out I leave this building and don’t come back until work the next day.

CCFCSteve

Out of hours I don’t come in here mate, this is work.

I am keen to keep that separation, when I clock out I leave this building and don’t come back until work the next day.

I was being rude Rich.....ignore me !!!

It’s a great shout to keep that division between work/home life areas if possible though

Sbarcher

Built this bad boy 5years ago WFH is bliss.

All the joys of escaping the kids but without the need to be round other people. I love it, just wish I could get 5 minutes to tidy up a bit.

(and finish that birdhouse I started 9 months ago).View attachment 18296
Is that a picture of naked men behind your screens? No wonder you want to keep the Mrs out!!!!

shmmeee

Built this bad boy 5years ago WFH is bliss.

All the joys of escaping the kids but without the need to be round other people. I love it, just wish I could get 5 minutes to tidy up a bit.

(and finish that birdhouse I started 9 months ago).View attachment 18296

Can’t wait for my house purchase to go through, got an outbuilding in the back that’s going to be my office. Currently working from my bed!

Rich

Can’t wait for my house purchase to go through, got an outbuilding in the back that’s going to be my office. Currently working from my bed!
We used to have a summerhouse, that was used as a shed. I knocked it down before it fell down and knocked this up in a week.

Two doors with a wall down the middle, this side is insulated with heating and power. The other side is just a shed.

Ccfcisparks

Another thing thats really pissing me off is all the reality stars/"celebrities" jetting off to Dubai on "business trips" and instead partying and going out on the lash and putting it all over social media. Makes a complete mockery of the rest of the public.

Great_Expectations

Test results confirmed I have covid as expected.

Other than a slight twinge of a sore throat and achiness I felt fine yesterday, however it absolutely hit me hard overnight. I feel absolutely terrible, as in not wanting to get out of bed today if that was an option.

And for reference, I’m comfortably in the 15-44 age range and am pretty healthy (exercise daily, eat well overall; I ran a marathon three months ago!) and it’s the worse I’ve felt in a long long time.

clint van damme

Other than a slight twinge of a sore throat and achiness I felt fine yesterday, however it absolutely hit me hard overnight. I feel absolutely terrible, as in not wanting to get out of bed today if that was an option.

And for reference, I’m comfortably in the 15-44 age range and am pretty healthy (exercise daily, eat well overall; I ran a marathon three months ago!) and it’s the worse I’ve felt in a long long time.

Sounds horrible GE. Good luck in getting through it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hope you recover swiftly GE, then bash the father in law for giving it to you!

Users who are viewing this thread