Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (2 Viewers)

wingy

Think I've read today that the app is likely to be replaced by the tech companies versions .
I've wondered why we haven't just purchased the version available from SK?
Adapt it to our own requirements.

David O'Day

Think I've read today that the app is likely to be replaced by the tech companies versions .
Got to give Dido the tory peer and wife of a tory mp a fat paycheck first mate

fernandopartridge

Because knowing the utter numpties who are SoS for Health and Social Care and the array of nodding dogs beneath, even though that was always known to be the right idea they thought they'd attempt to build one anyway.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Gazolba

Yesterday at work, we had a virtual town hall meeting (not sure if you have them in the UK).
Anyway the last topic in the meeting was "Issues in Health Equity".
I'm sure you've heard that Covid-19 affects minorities more than privileged white people.
The implication being that this is somehow white people's fault and they should feel guilty about it.
The presentation was by two dark-skinned ladies with unpronounceable first and last names.
The first slide was their names, photos and the pronouns they prefer to be referred to by.
Next, they showed a slide with the photos of around 12 African-American men who they claimed had been unjustly killed by US law-enforcement.
Honestly, you could be forgiven for thinking it was the mug shots of America's most wanted felons.
At this point, I exited the meeting since it seemed political and nothing to do with "Health Equity".

Ring Of Steel

Yesterday at work, we had a virtual town hall meeting (not sure if you have them in the UK).
I'm sure you've heard that Covid-19 affects minorities more than privileged white people.
The implication being that this is somehow white people's fault and they should feel guilty about it.
The presentation was by two dark-skinned ladies with unpronounceable first and last names.
The first slide was their names, photos and the pronouns they prefer to be referred to by.
Next, they showed a slide with the photos of around 12 African-American men who they claimed had been unjustly killed by US law-enforcement.
Honestly, you could be forgiven for thinking it was the mug shots of America's most wanted felons.
At this point, I exited the meeting since it seemed political and nothing to do with "Health Equity".

Why are you telling everyone this?

clint van damme

Every post you make is dripping with racism. Why don't you fuck off on to some white supremacists forum and leave us the fuck alone?

Brighton Sky Blue

Is this some kind of wind up?

Grendel

Yep. It's an unpleasant place to be a part of at the moment, and that's not just down to the likes of Gazolba.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately even before all these political crises it had started to resemble more of a twitter type of behaviour

clint van damme

No, reporting of that figure has been 'temporarily paused to ensure consistent reporting' for weeks now. If they can't come up with a way to fiddle the figures they just don't let you have any information at all

government who cant count virus tests on a national level are going to negotiate a whole raft of amazing trade deals globally.

David O'Day

No, reporting of that figure has been 'temporarily paused to ensure consistent reporting' for weeks now. If they can't come up with a way to fiddle the figures they just don't let you have any information at all
Just count each limb of a tested person individually and hey presto big test numbers

Sky Blue Pete

So infections up to 1500 as we approach the 2 weeks from the weekend everyone decided to go out. The 29-31/5

so when people blame the black live matters ignore them there’s a lag on infections.

I can only see us inching back over 2000 we really are halfwits

Ring Of Steel

So infections up to 1500 as we approach the 2 weeks from the weekend everyone decided to go out. The 29-31/5

so when people blame the black live matters ignore them there’s a lag on infections.

I can only see us inching back over 2000 we really are halfwits

I remember the good old days when we had more deaths than the EU. We’ve now got more deaths that all of Asia, Africa, Central America and Oceania combined.

skyblue1991

One thing since coronavirus is the time it takes to get into shops so I tend to phone up first and see what they say.

So I phoned up B&Q and asked how big the queue is.

The just turned around and said: 'Just check the sign, it's the same size as the B!'

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Wish covid would just fuck off now, this lockdown is becoming painful especially on the weekend it’s depressing as fuck
Everything here has been fully opened up for a couple of weeks now, got to say the UK situation is very worrying. From a personal perspective not being able to go and visit my parents (later 60s) or see my nephew on his first birthday is really starting to get to me - I dont think I will see them until Christmas.

chiefdave

Wish covid would just fuck off now, this lockdown is becoming painful especially on the weekend it’s depressing as fuck
What's depressing me is seeing how other countries have dealt with this and now seem to be coming out the other side. We seem as clueless as we were on day one and are just randomly opening things and hoping for the best.

Marty

What's depressing me is seeing how other countries have dealt with this and now seem to be coming out the other side. We seem as clueless as we were on day one and are just randomly opening things and hoping for the best.

It boils down to poor leadership, they, themselves don't even know the rules. End the furlough scheme, get everyone back to work, no one is following the social distancing any more, everyone is just carrying on as normal now.

Brighton Sky Blue

The spike in Greek figures has come mostly from tourists bringing in the disease. Poor buggers

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yep.They just make it up everyday as they go along. Whoever does the briefing just gets to spout the first thing in their head and that becomes the latest policy. It's like they're not paying any attention at all or looking at what others did/are doing to improve their response. Pure pig headedness, refusal to accept they made mistakes or sense of superiority that they know best?

Apart from the more sinister idea that it's all intended to get the virus as farspread as possible hidden under a veneer of incompetence?

Users who are viewing this thread