Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (32 Viewers)

hill83

Another u-turn incoming. Be interesting to see what those that were desperately defending the governments plan to re-open schools while the likes of scientists and teachers said it was wrong make of this.

Wankers playing games with my kids life. No chance I was sending him in. I might be being a bit extreme but I don't give a fuck. Fuck them.

pipkin73

They play in blue and white. Reminds me actually, the time I came to meet you to watch the Sunderland match the cab driver said I looked like Vinny Samways, who played for them. Ha ha ha.
They play in blue and Yellow, Yellow being the strong colour. Get your ass back here and let's watch a game, live footy (City back in the Championship confirmed) wish i had the money to go out and celebrate, still i've had 4 pints of larger and 2 pints of Vodka and Lemonade and got 6 cans back at home, friends have been buying me drinks all day.
City get promoted, i get free drinks all day, free food and loads of laughs. Wish every day was like this, if it was i would never need to work lol

Ian1779

We need to get them open, do you want them all to close for good or something? Weird mindset that is
No it’s not - it’s merely wanting things to open and return safely so we don’t have to lock up all over again. This hap-hazard approach that is not consistent with their OWN plan and guidance puts a return to normality at risk the most.

ajsccfc

Dom, when people jump on you for being enthusiastic about numbers coming down they're dead wrong about you celebrating death or whatever the accusation may be, similarly when you jump on people who don't want everything suddenly open it also doesn't mean they want everything closed forever.

NorthernWisdom

Dom, when people jump on you for being enthusiastic about numbers coming down they're dead wrong about you celebrating death or whatever the accusation may be, similarly when you jump on people who don't want everything suddenly open it also doesn't mean they want everything closed forever.
Yup. FWIW I think both announcements (schools and museums) are positive things as they've listened to the advice and entreaties of people, and been prepared to change their minds. Not going to have a go at them for that myself.

But yeah, not thinking people who think otherwise are desperate for zoos to be closed for all eternity :)

hill83

OMG you want everything closed 4eva AND love it that everyone is dying all the time

PVA

We need to get them open, do you want them all to close for good or something? Weird mindset that is

Why do you seem to think that the only two options for just about everything are either open them immediately or close them forever?

It' so weird. You realise there is quite a big gap in between those two choices with plenty of options?

SBAndy

Why do you seem to think that the only two options for just about everything are either open them immediately or close them forever?

It' so weird. You realise there is quite a big gap in between those two choices with plenty of options?

Binary Dom.

David O'Day

People finally starting to realise what they voted for.

I wonder if Grendel is still boasting about Johnson having the best approval rating of all time.

Boris was fuckinmg gash at PMQs again even when hit with non coronavirus questions

skybluetony176

People finally starting to realise what they voted for.

I wonder if Grendel is still boasting about Johnson having the best approval rating of all time.

Not that he ever did. It was always a my dad is harder than your dad argument from Grendull.

chiefdave

No I don't want them to close for good. If you look back over this thread you'll see I posted a few days ago, when zoos were told by the government that they would't be able to open as planned, questioning the decision.

The issue is that we're supposed to be following the science. So why do they keep making public announcements and then when there's a backlash change their mind? Its not just on issues related to coronavirus either, they do it with everything, if not formal announcements things are leaked out in advance to gauge the response. Its weak government and the last thing we need in a time of crisis.

David O'Day

as this the genetral politics thread now Johnson was equally awful on Child Poiverty and the windrush scandal

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No I don't want them to close for good. If you look back over this thread you'll see I posted a few days ago, when zoos were told by the government that they would't be able to open as planned, questioning the decision.

The issue is that we're supposed to be following the science. So why do they keep making public announcements and then when there's a backlash change their mind? Its not just on issues related to coronavirus either, they do it with everything, if not formal announcements things are leaked out in advance to gauge the response. Its weak government and the last thing we need in a time of crisis.

I've no problem with them changing their minds. The backtrack on school opening is welcome as I feared they'd just plough ahead regardless.

But it should be being done because the science and evidence had changed. At the moment stuff is touted as opening up due to ideology and then change their mind due to unpopularity. There's no plan to follow it's all just ad hoc off-the-cuff stuff.

wingy

How long is it until a reshuffle?
Have no Idea of what the quality is among the ranks but I'd expect 2-3 of the larger portfolios changing.
Trouble is they lost a few sane one's after the election.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

How long is it until a reshuffle?
Have no Idea of what the quality is among the ranks but I'd expect 2-3 of the larger portfolios changing.
Trouble is they lost a few sane one's after the election.

Rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic IMO.

The lost a lot of sane ones after the election as they just bussed in a load of Boris fanboys and girls just willing to say yes to whatever he proposed on Brexit.

chiefdave

That doesn't make good reading for the government and their choice to not impose any restrictions on people coming into the country. Was bad enough before but if studies are now showing "the UK's coronavirus epidemic was largely initiated by travel from Italy in late February, Spain in early-to-mid-March and then France in mid-to-late-March" then it would suggest if the government had acted early and decisively, similarly to New Zealand, the results could be very different.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Would you rather be in Italy part #728636

It was surely obvious that locking down sooner, more effectively and more strictly, but for a shorter period, would leave us better off economically than one long loose, vague, semi-lockdown?

UK economy likely to suffer worst Covid-19 damage, says OECD

Yep. Tried to be clever/greedy and saying if we can stay open we can get a march on everyone else and see the economic benefit (their main desire). Instead we dithered and will likely end up seeing the biggest shock from it by having to delay our re-opening of it. Wouldn't surprise me if a fair few of those behind the scenes are claiming our problem wasn't that we didn't lockdown early enough but that we locked down at all and should've remained open for the economy. What's a few hundred thousands lives compared to billions of pounds.....

Amazing how those whose main interest is greed and economic benefit seem to be the most adept at destroying economies.

wingy

That doesn't make good reading for the government and their choice to not impose any restrictions on people coming into the country. Was bad enough before but if studies are now showing "the UK's coronavirus epidemic was largely initiated by travel from Italy in late February, Spain in early-to-mid-March and then France in mid-to-late-March" then it would suggest if the government had acted early and decisively, similarly to New Zealand, the results could be very different.
The FO advice was pathetic.
Early restrictions and we may all be flying off on our hols soon pub's opening domestic holidays being taken .
Seemed to be trying to protect travel industry then impacting on it now.

chiefdave

We are now allowed a support bubble but Johnson didn't seem to actually know what that means. He also announced drive in cinemas can open, do we even have those?

Sure I also heard him say anyone not following the guidelines was breaking the law.

shmmeee

We are now allowed a support bubble but Johnson didn't seem to actually know what that means. He also announced drive in cinemas can open, do we even have those?

Sure I also heard him say anyone not following the guidelines was breaking the law.

Is anyone even listening any more?

841019DA-78A1-4910-B81E-B6DFB0549328.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread