Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (57 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

Whats the theory there? How does the virus die out, does the virus as it is now not continue to spread, it has to mutate?

Very limited knowledge i must admit, but coronaviruses ij general mutate a hell of a lot, such as the common cold. Hence the difficulty in the potential of a vaccine. They tend to mutate to stay alive, to infect. If a coronavirus kills a lot of its hosts, there wont be enough hosts and it will die out. So in the main they tend to mutate and mutate and mutate until becoming a lot weaker, thus being able to survive, and pass around, but not cause the lethality it did previously

SkyBlueDom26

Remember Sundays are dead days though. Won't be until Tuesday at earliest for true figures to be out.
I know but look at the trends each Sunday and Monday..... I know they will be low because of the lag but it’s all about the weekly trend

There isn’t any lag in cases reported

Saddlebrains

118 deaths lowest since lockdown and cases down to 2400!

This helps add weight to my point. Remember the whole 'oooo VE day celebrations will cause a massive spike and cause a second wave!!!'

Wel VE day was 16 days ago. Cases still plummeting. Telling you, this horrible little shit is dying out.

The second wave was what we've just had. Been here for months

chiefdave

Johnson has completely bottled it. Hypocritical enough that Cummings hasn't been pushed out when compared to what others have been forced to resign for but to get up there and actively defend him is, IMO, a complete disgrace and a huge slap in the face to those that have stuck to the rules.

There are people who have loved ones die alone and not been able to attend funerals as they stuck to the rules to now have Johnson essentially stick two fingers up at them.

NorthernWisdom

Johnson has completely bottled it. Hypocritical enough that Cummings hasn't been pushed out when compared to what others have been forced to resign for but to get up there and actively defend him is, IMO, a complete disgrace and a huge slap in the face to those that have stuck to the rules.

There are people who have loved ones die alone and not been able to attend funerals as they stuck to the rules to now have Johnson essentially stick two fingers up at them.
Tbf even Dom will be criticising Johnson for this, so it won't help his standing.

Johnnythespider

In effect he's called all those who have said they saw Cummings outside of the dates mentioned liars, he's a jelly of a man

SkyBlueDom26

Pointless checking Sundays at all really. Monday will by definition be lower because it's bank holiday. If Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are lower, then that's more optimistic
Optimistic about cases going down though, hopefully by the end of the week we’ll be under 2k

David O'Day

His approval ratings are plummeting and the majority of the country thinks Cummings did break the restrictions and acted illegally.

His own party wants cummings gone, the press right and left are circling but he lies on primetime tv.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

larry_david

Interesting I was reading this morning exactly as someone above said. This thing seems to be disappearing and it's surprising everyone.

Also growing theories that this was the second wave with the first being Nov /December. I certainly know alot of of people in December (including myself) who were fucked

clint van damme

Johnson is just repeating shite. He's fucked.
The C4 guy just rinsed him. He won't answer the BBCs fellas question.
The lock down is now over because he said Cummings acted on instinct which is a green light for the rest of the country to do the same.

chiefdave

he's just lost the Tory party a massive amount of goodwill which I should be happy about but unfortunately I think people will die because of this because lock down will be all but over now.
Got a few people among my Facebook friends who are huge Johnson supporters going back to the Brexit campaign. This has been the final straw for them. Obviously that's not a representative sample but interesting that they are now deserting him and questioning how they voted in the election.

chiefdave

Interesting I was reading this morning exactly as someone above said. This thing seems to be disappearing and it's surprising everyone.

Also growing theories that this was the second wave with the first being Nov /December. I certainly know alot of of people in December (including myself) who were fucked
Lets hope this is correct as we don't really seem to have an exit strategy at the moment past just letting people go back to work and crossing our fingers.

clint van damme

Got a few people among my Facebook friends who are huge Johnson supporters going back to the Brexit campaign. This has been the final straw for them. Obviously that's not a representative sample but interesting that they are now deserting him and questioning how they voted in the election.

Tory MPs are saying their constituents are going mad.
Like I say, normally I'd be delighted but this will probably cost lives.

chiefdave

Johnson is just repeating shite. He's fucked.
The C4 guy just rinsed him. He won't answer the BBCs fellas question.
The lock down is now over because he said Cummings acted on instinct which is a green light for the rest of the country to do the same.
Every time Johnson is on live TV it hammers home why they do their best to keep him off live TV! No wonder he refused to be interviewed by Andrew Neil.

Tommo1993

Twitter now comparing all the fire Cummings is taking to the social media abuse of Caroline Flack that may have led to her death.

Hmm.

Sky Blue Pete

2500 infections coming down gradually. Much less deaths too which is good

here’s hoping it doesn’t get higher with everyone using the Cummings excuse to do pretty much what they want if they’ve got a good enough reason

stupot07

42b8b9cc8ae9193ca0a3d6cfa3c0064f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread