Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (34 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I

How am I getting triggered. It must just be frustrating for your type to constantly be in the losing side in the real world which I guess is why you find comfort on here old boy

The sad thing is you think you're 'winning'. You're losing as much as anyone else, just you're pulling your own trousers down and bending over.

clint van damme

she was told about Cummings’ trips to Durham weeks ago, but strangely decided to say nothing- strange behaviour for a lefty ;)

Putting aside political allegiances, her reporting of this yesterday would make the 'journalist's' at the CET blush it was absolutely inept.
The fact her 'source' changed story and she just obediently put it out there was laughable.

David O'Day

Still him not understanding the tale of Cnut and the tide was comedy.

I await his tales of Robin Hood who robbed from the poor.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueDom26

The media have been classed as essential workers. They can't work from home and the only guidance when working is "observe, where possible, the social distancing guidance".

So unlike Cummings they have a strong argument that they are following the guidelines.
What crowding around someone’s door is acceptable in the middle of a pandemic? Yeah what he did is wrong but they are just as bad doing that

chiefdave

What crowding around someone’s door is acceptable in the middle of a pandemic?
I would actually agree with you there. I think the government issued guidelines have been very weak and have done little to protect workers.

However they are what they are so its hard to argue against people who need to continue to make a living, who are most likely freelance, working within those guidelines.

Ring Of Steel

What crowding around someone’s door is acceptable in the middle of a pandemic? Yeah what he did is wrong but they are just as bad doing that

it’s just as bad? So all those journalists travelled 260 miles to gather around his doorstep after having been tested positive for the virus and being “unable to breathe” a few hours previously?

WOW

Ring Of Steel

I would actually agree with you there. I think the government issued guidelines have been very weak and have done little to protect workers.

However they are what they are so its hard to argue against people who need to continue to make a living, who are most likely freelance, working within those guidelines.

the media are parasites and the fact they’re doing this to one of the ‘bad guys’ is as shit as when they do it to one of the ‘good guys’- however it doesn’t deflect away from Cummings’ indiscretions

David O'Day

Yeah it shouldn’t be one rule for him and then another for us, doubt he’s done it lots of times though he’s admitted to doing it once
Apart from the witnesses and the people tweeting on the 10th of May saying they had seen him there.

You put the special in special relativity

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

I don't know about just as bad given Cummings and his wife knew they had the virus but yeah, ignoring the guidelines while covering a story of someone ignoring the guidelines is hypocritical, though not Cummings level of hypocrisy given he wrote the guidelines in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread