Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (29 Viewers)

Sick Boy

The logic about cohort size is such bollocks. Like teachers of classes of 20 don’t know their kids inside out. It’s just punishing poor schools and popular subjects.

Has this government managed to do anything competently since it was formed? Serious question. Brexit: fucked it up by their own admission. Pandemic: fucked it both in health and economic terms. Exams: fucked it. Infrastructure spending: fucked it. Corruption: fucked it. HoL nominations: fucked it.

What are they even for? Are people seriously just supporting them to own the left at the point? I hated Thatcher Cameron and May but I could see their appeal. This bunch are too incompetent to manage brexit, too ideological and timid to “level up”.

What is the point of Boris Johnson?
It’s always the fault of others and depressingly so many fall for it. Things are just getting more and more debased in general and they can get away with everything. They’re easily the most incompetent government in my lifetime and have little to no substance whatsoever.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It’s always the fault of others and depressingly so many fall for it. Things are just getting more and more debased in general and they can get away with everything. They’re easily the most incompetent government in my lifetime and have little to no substance whatsoever.

I was thinking about ads for the next election and you could have an image of Johnson, Gove et al with a list all these things they've tried to push the blame on others. doctors and nurses, care home staff, teachers, health officials, the public and then the main tagline "Anyone but us"

Ian1779

I was thinking about ads for the next election and you could have an image of Johnson, Gove et al with a list all these things they've tried to push the blame on others. doctors and nurses, care home staff, teachers, health officials, the public and then the main tagline "Anyone but us"
My mum will lap up every word of it. She literally believes the Mail verbatim

fernandopartridge

Ian1779

Maybe call out the pathetic track and trace, our failure to control the spread of the virus whilst we quarantine people returning from countries that have far better control than us. Do some actual opposing than churning out this shit which is just a powder-puff commentary piece I’d expect from some twat at the Guardian.

Twat

Last edited:

Ian1779

what does he want them to do? Parliament is in recess so all they can do is say how shit it is
Call for parliament to not be in recess during the worst crisis to face our country for a generation. At least when it’s refused it’s looks like he’s tried to do something.

David O'Day

Call for parliament to not be in recess during the worst crisis to face our country for a generation. At least when it’s refused it’s looks like he’s tried to do something.

But that doesn't hurt the government as it's the speaker not them who would say no.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Cock really knows nothing and plays to his pig ignorant voter base. Tories designed PHE as part of the 2012 Lansley reforms, as usual there is no recognition that any malfunction is due to tory design

If Hancock is blaming PHE he's admitting it's his fault. It's his responsibility - they do what he and the govt tell them to do. It was the Tories that set this system up so if it doesn't work who's fault is it?

Yet another deflection of blame that idiots will lap up.

clint van damme

If Hancock is blaming PHE he's admitting it's his fault. It's his responsibility - they do what he and the govt tell them to do. It was the Tories that set this system up so if it doesn't work who's fault is it?

Yet another deflection of blame that idiots will lap up.

Chain of command is Johnson at the top of the tree with Hancock next, yet somehow neither of them is responsible. It's quite incredible.

Ian1779

So now the talk is about delaying the GCSE results on Thursday. Assume they wouldn’t do this unless they were considering a change.

EDIT: Apparently they are doing full u-turn now.

Last edited:

skybluesam66

if only we had a better choice at the last election than the 2 biggest buffoons in politics (Trump Excepted)
Boris only got in because of Corbyn

in normal times, he may have got away with being a Buffoon, but with Brexit and Covid he has proved totally incompetent

I am a floating voter, and not somebody who sticks to 1 party because that is what their grandparents did
Probably like many - a working class background, but now probably would be judged as middle class

However there is no way on earth I could vote Boris back in

Some countries have screwed the Covid response but saved the economy
Others have had a good Covid response but screwed the economy

We have managed to screw up both - whilst at the same time using it as a smokescreen for everything related to Brexit

Ian1779

if only we had a better choice at the last election than the 2 biggest buffoons in politics (Trump Excepted)
Boris only got in because of Corbyn

in normal times, he may have got away with being a Buffoon, but with Brexit and Covid he has proved totally incompetent

I am a floating voter, and not somebody who sticks to 1 party because that is what their grandparents did
Probably like many - a working class background, but now probably would be judged as middle class

However there is no way on earth I could vote Boris back in

Some countries have screwed the Covid response but saved the economy
Others have had a good Covid response but screwed the economy

We have managed to screw up both - whilst at the same time using it as a smokescreen for everything related to Brexit

Boris got in because he honoured the referendum.

shmmeee

Boris got in because he honoured the referendum.

Boris got in because Corbyn tanked. Johnson got what? 1% more than May? Roughly the same personal polling at the time.

Corbyn losing all the leavers and all the Remainers is what did it.

Should’ve stuck to the original Brexit policy I agree, but things had hardened so much if he had the remainers and leavers would still have left.

I think generally Skipal was the defining issue that cut through and he never recovered to have the personal ratings to make any policy proposal.

clint van damme

Boris got in because Corbyn tanked. Johnson got what? 1% more than May? Roughly the same personal polling at the time.

Should’ve stuck to the original Brexit policy I agree, but things had hardened so much if he had the remainers and leavers would still have left.

I think generally Skipal was the defining issue that cut through and he never recovered to have the personal ratings to make any policy proposal.

If Skripal was such a huge issue why did people vote for a man who's in balls deep with all sorts of dodgy Russians?

Ian1779

But the biggest failing of Labour in allowing the Tories that extra 1% is not realising that it almost exclusively came from the ‘red wall’ - Labour ignored what their voter base wanted, and their membership didn't and still doesn’t reflect the same demographic.

shmmeee

If Skripal was such a huge issue why did people vote for a man who's in balls deep with all sorts of dodgy Russians?

Because he didn’t appear to back a foreign power publicly in the middle of a geopolitical crisis basically.

Standing up and saying “Maybe we should let the Russians tell us what happened” is far more damning than vague rumours about Johnson’s partying.

It’s about patriotism as always with Corbyn, played into existing prejudices.

Users who are viewing this thread