Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (34 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

Some great news on vaccines and treatments today. The best we've had so far.

Yet the least active this threads been since it started. Seems like the doom thrivers are asleep 👀👀

Sky Blue Pete

Figures dropped off today too. Let’s see what tomorrow brings. Cautious optimism still in play. Mum is shielding but went in my sisters car to her nieces house for a weekend away. Bloomin eck

skybluetony176

We're buying some that may or may not work.

I do wish the world could work together so it isn't a contest over who has the deepest pockets, and who happens to bet on the right ones.
It’s an opportunity to gain the upper hand in some way and we live in a selfish world and elect selfish people.

chiefdave

We're buying some that may or may not work.

I do wish the world could work together so it isn't a contest over who has the deepest pockets, and who happens to bet on the right ones.
The vaccine stuff is of course good news but even fast tracking it we're a long time from the point we can start giving them to people. Think the other news today, of existing medicines working to treat covid-19, is the more promising news. If we can find a drug we know is safe to take that brings this down to a manageable level then we're good to get things pretty much back to normal.

Remember bird flu (think it was that one), if you got symptoms of that you had to stay at home for two weeks and they'd deliver the medication to you. Something along those lines would be incredible from where we are now.

Skybluefaz

Some great news on vaccines and treatments today. The best we've had so far.

Yet the least active this threads been since it started. Seems like the doom thrivers are asleep 👀👀
Tbh because the statistics aren't on twitter and there are no daily briefings I'm missing a lot of the news about covid. Sounds good about the vaccine though. I still have no idea how long it will take to actually get the vaccine approved and start vaccinating people. Did they put a timescale on it?

NorthernWisdom

The vaccine stuff is of course good news but even fast tracking it we're a long time from the point we can start giving them to people. Think the other news today, of existing medicines working to treat covid-19, is the more promising news. If we can find a drug we know is safe to take that brings this down to a manageable level then we're good to get things pretty much back to normal.

Remember bird flu (think it was that one), if you got symptoms of that you had to stay at home for two weeks and they'd deliver the medication to you. Something along those lines would be incredible from where we are now.
Covid Lemsip!

clint van damme

One positive, my bunch of under 8's had their first contact football training session tonight, great to see them back at it. Tackles were flying in, it was like Nick had done the pre-game team talk.

back at 5 a side next week. Looking forward to it, defibrillator at the ready.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Just make sure you clap like a seal every week.
Jonhson in November:
Johnson‘s government voting last night:

Yep. Bring out the statements about protecting standards but when it comes to putting the money where their mouth is they refuse. Had the chance to enshrine their own promise in law and voted against it - tells you everything you need to know on actual intentions, Judge by actions, not words.

fernandopartridge

It'd be interesting to understand the reasons, but the number of people in hospital and on ventilators continues to fall, even though hospital admissions are still at a couple of hundred per day. Can't see the age profile of new cases compared with the peak.

This map shows cases by MSOA per week. In my area and surroundings there were none at all 6-12 July, cases do seem concentrated into local outbreaks now rather than widespread. No cases at all in Coventry:

clint van damme

It'd be interesting to understand the reasons, but the number of people in hospital and on ventilators continues to fall, even though hospital admissions are still at a couple of hundred per day. Can't see the age profile of new cases compared with the peak.

This map shows cases by MSOA per week. In my area and surroundings there were none at all 6-12 July, cases do seem concentrated into local outbreaks now rather than widespread. No cases at all in Coventry:

I've thought about this and thought perhaps viral loads aren't as big due to precautions people are taking, perhaps hospital staff are becoming more proficient at dealing with it and maybe a bit of both.

Saddlebrains

Said weeks back, scientists all over the world saying its following Sars. Even an almost identical genetic make up.

Unfortunately more contagious and is now endemic, but its mutated to survive. Its weaker, i refer you to what the Italian doctor from bergamo said. 'What was once a bear is now a pussycat'.

SkyBlueDom26

Said weeks back, scientists all over the world saying its following Sars. Even an almost identical genetic make up.

Unfortunately more contagious and is now endemic, but its mutated to survive. Its weaker, i refer you to what the Italian doctor from bergamo said. 'What was once a bear is now a pussycat'.
Fucking hope so mate, can’t wait for the day this is over

fernandopartridge

I just don't buy it that a virus has mutated so quickly, I'd like to but just can't see it

Users who are viewing this thread