Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (38 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

he fucking lied about the date we locked down in the commons and laughed as he was saying it, not one fuck given.
Maybe Starmer will bring it up in ten years time the fucking melt.

That should be brought up straight away. It's an outright lie that will be in Hansard as well as having on video. How on earth they think they can get away with these blatant lies is unfathomable.

Maybe we need a points system whereby conduct and providing untrue/misleading info etc can result in ineligibility for (shadow)cabinet up to eventual deselection depending on severity and how often.

Although knowing them it'd be 20 points for failing to address the speaker correctly , 3 points for lying to the house and 1 point for lying in public.

chiefdave

That’s the attitude Ian! Hardly nonsense I like the optimism from boris
Would love to be optimistic but just having Johnson get up and say everything will be back to usual by Xmas while the experts are saying the opposite doesn't give me reason to.

We're just hearing soundbites from the government, there not showing any actual plan as to how they will achieve getting back to normal.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Would love to be optimistic but just having Johnson get up and say everything will be back to usual by Xmas while the experts are saying the opposite doesn't give me reason to.

We're just hearing soundbites from the government, there not showing any actual plan as to how they will achieve getting back to normal.

IMO this is Johnson saying "we're doing it anyway". It's got to a point where they've decided the economic impact is too big so if people have to die so be it.

chiefdave

I wouldn't expect any politician to be honest about a decision like that though. Not just political suicide but would make you a pariah
Which is why you need the opposition to highlight it and give a viable alternative. This idea that Starmer can hold off until everything is over and there's an enquiry is a joke. Already see Conservative voting friends, who are far from politically engaged, calling him Mr Hindsight.

fernandopartridge

Infections almost up to 1000 again app in my phone went as low as 1400 in the community up to over 2000 today
What? You mean just pretending it has vanished doesn't mean it has.
827 new cases which are basically spread back predominantly this week, they tend to report a low number on the day itself then revise afterwards. Safe to say cases are going back in the wrong direction again.

SkyBlueDom26

Only 9 deaths today, lowest since the start of March... every death is a tragedy but thank god the situation has massively improved

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Only 9 deaths today, lowest since the start of March... every death is a tragedy but thank god the situation has massively improved

It is a Sunday but it is nice to see single figures. Would be nice to have a day with none soon.

Still got a feeling it's going to have an impact in one form or another when it starts to get colder.

Nick

Administrator

The fucking state of these, I can understand if people have health issues where it might stop them from breathing but it's a fucking mask. Keep one in your car, chuck it on when you want to go into shops or anywhere. It really isn't that big a deal.

skybluetony176

The fucking state of these, I can understand if people have health issues where it might stop them from breathing but it's a fucking mask. Keep one in your car, chuck it on when you want to go into shops or anywhere. It really isn't that big a deal.
Even the health issues claim is a load of bollocks

Nick

Administrator
Exactly, it's weird shit. 5g flat earth stuff.

To be honest, I don't really want to wear a mask and haven't but if it needs to be done it needs to be done.

Ian1779

They belong in America with that lunatic Trump.

ajsccfc

I wish there was a way the virus could skip past the people who follow the guidelines and think of others and specifically hit these 5G Bill Gates hoax Bush did 9/11 THINK SHEEPLE twats

Saddlebrains

NorthernWisdom

2 fantastic bits of news to wake up too for a change
The first one especially. Personally I'd far rather we could end up treating it and minimising it. Vaccines... I need to understand the science better! Also not sure a load of countries fighting for who gets them is quite the spirit of what this crisis should provoke, but that's another discussion!

fernandopartridge

The first one especially. Personally I'd far rather we could end up treating it and minimising it. Vaccines... I need to understand the science better! Also not sure a load of countries fighting for who gets them is quite the spirit of what this crisis should provoke, but that's another discussion!
The good thing about the first one is that it is a drug already in production

Users who are viewing this thread