Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (15 Viewers)

Grendel

Resign from what?? You want him to stop being an MP? I don’t think anyone’s asked for Cummings to stop being an advisor or Jenrick to stop being an MP, just that they lose their role in government.

Of course he should resign his actions could spread infection and cost lives.

If it’s not costing lives why should anyone resign?

David O'Day

Resign from what?? You want him to stop being an MP? I don’t think anyone’s asked for Cummings to stop being an advisor or Jenrick to stop being an MP, just that they lose their role in government.
No one can remove him as an mp until the next ge unless he is jailed for a year or 1 in 10 voters in his constituency petition for this.

Grenners really needs to learn how things work.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Again, find me anyone, anywhere that’s asking Jenrick to resign as an MP. You seem to be unable to grasp the difference between a cabinet/shadcab member being employed in a role and an MP being elected.

If Gardiners constituents want him to be recalled they’re welcome to start a petition.

How’s the googling going for a senior story condemning either by the way?

David O'Day

Again, find me anyone, anywhere that’s asking Jenrick to resign as an MP. You seem to be unable to grasp the difference between a cabinet/shadcab member being employed in a role and an MP being elected.

If Gardiners constituents want him to be recalled they’re welcome to start a petition.

Grenners is anti democracy

Brighton Sky Blue

He's still trying to verify Cnut vs Canute

Ring Of Steel

If costing lives means resigning, Boris’ decision to send covid positive patients into care homes (costing many lives) presumably means you think he should be stepping down any time now.

Grendel

So, with Ferguson being forced to resign and Hancock saying it’s a matter for the police when can we expect Robert Jenrick to resign

You said he should resign

Ian1779

Not sure why you’re getting all uptight about it, I’m sure he was merely acting on instinct... and as we’ve found out recently that if this the case you are pretty much untouchable.

David O'Day

Him staying was the best thing for Labour. Just look at the polls. He should go but I’m glad he didn’t.
Like thevsay in Texas remember the Alamo well it will be remember that c**t cummings

chiefdave

Just a week after celebrating its 57th birthday, Twycross Zoo now faces a "fight for survival" to avoid extinction.

A change in the law by the Government has seen zoos, including Twycross, added to a list ordered to stay closed 'indefinitely' as lockdown continues to hit.
This makes no sense to me. You'd struggle to find a business more suited to social distancing yet the government is forcing them to stay closed. What happens if all the zoos go out of business?

Grendel

This makes no sense to me. You'd struggle to find a business more suited to social distancing yet the government is forcing them to stay closed. What happens if all the zoos go out of business?

They rely on shops, cafes and need toilets open. Most animal charities and zoos are likely to close

Brighton Sky Blue

Dare I say hotels could quite easily argue for reopening even if just limited capacity

chiefdave

They rely on shops, cafes and need toilets open. Most animal charities and zoos are likely to close
The government's plan to rebuild document targets July 4th for the reopening of the hospitality and leisure sectors including food service providers, pubs, hotels, holiday parks, campsites, cinemas etc. If they're all fine to open why not zoos?

Appreciate it was published on May 11th and things are changing rapidly but it seems like there could have been government communication to those businesses in the last couple of days. Twycross isn't the first zoo in the last 48 hours to publicly criticise the governments change of plan and at the same time there are campsites and holiday parks who have opened up their booking systems and pubs & venues who have announced events for their reopening on July 4th.

In any case we know non-essential shops are reopening shortly, cafes are already open for takeaways and the current restrictions don't require public toilets to be closed. Not sure why it would be safe to go to the toilet at Ikea for example but not other public places?

Ring Of Steel

The government's plan to rebuild document targets July 4th for the reopening of the hospitality and leisure sectors including food service providers, pubs, hotels, holiday parks, campsites, cinemas etc. If they're all fine to open why not zoos?

Appreciate it was published on May 11th and things are changing rapidly but it seems like there could have been government communication to those businesses in the last couple of days. Twycross isn't the first zoo in the last 48 hours to publicly criticise the governments change of plan and at the same time there are campsites and holiday parks who have opened up their booking systems and pubs & venues who have announced events for their reopening on July 4th.

In any case we know non-essential shops are reopening shortly, cafes are already open for takeaways and the current restrictions don't require public toilets to be closed. Not sure why it would be safe to go to the toilet at Ikea for example but not other public places?

Charities tax status- haven’t read the detail, are places like museums reopening, or are they remaining closed? If places that are classed as charitable organisations (& thereby not adding to govt coffers as much) are not opening then that’s probably something to do with it.. just a hunch though, not delved into it.

chiefdave

Charities tax status- haven’t read the detail, are places like museums reopening, or are they remaining closed? If places that are classed as charitable organisations (& thereby not adding to govt coffers as much) are not opening then that’s probably something to do with it.. just a hunch though, not delved into it.
Could be. Would make a mockery (again!) of the claims of 'following the science' as the science doesn't change dependent on somewheres charitable status.

fernandopartridge

'world beating'

'ready by June'

Fuck off Johnson. Useless c**t.

Also just watched the C4 Dispatches program, he won't of course, but he should genuinely do time for his early response to this pandemic.

NHS test-and-trace app 'not fully operational until September'
Why on earth are they building it?.

There are non centralised apps out there which are sufficient.
There are some egotistical wankers in DH and the NHS X, they built the pointless NHS app at the behest of Hancock even though there were some well used and established commercial apps out there. Wasteful morons playing around while infection spreads and people die.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Iran South Africa and Sweden definitely having infections increase once again.

USA and Brazil getting what their leaders have asked for

Users who are viewing this thread