Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (45 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

This is positive, albeit an estimate:

ONS: Fewer than one in 1000 people in England have Covid-19
The number of people with Covid-19 in England has fallen to around 5,600 new infections a day from around 8,000 reported last week, according to figures from the Office for National Statistics.

The ONS published data on how many people at any one time are infected with Covid-19 based on swab results from households across the country.
It said:

Modelling of the trend over time shows evidence that the number of people in England testing positive has decreased in recent weeks.

There were an estimated 39,000 new Covid-19 infections per week in England between April 26 and May 30, equating to an incidence rate per week of 0.07 new cases per 100 people.

This means fewer than one in every 1,000 people had Covid-19.
Just over a week ago, on May 28, the ONS estimated there were around 54,000 new coronavirus infections per week in England, or around 8,000 a day.

This suggests a drop of around a third between the two datasets.
The estimates are based on swab tests of 19,000 people in 9,000 households

Ring Of Steel

Boris Johnson? Not keeping his word? Who could have seen that coming?

If anyone can seriously & genuinely say they are surprised by this then they are just stupid and naive.

Just wait until the NHS gets chopped to pieces & the pharma companies get stuck in making their interests & demands clear (which we will immediately cave into), chlorinated chickens will be forgotten in an instant.

Its all panning out exactly as everyone with half a brain knew it would.

Ian1779

There was a question posed to Sadiq Kahn ( I think) this morning .
How would it have panned out under Jeremy Corbyn ?
No prizes for guessing what I think.

Labour generally had a better plan for healthcare and social care.. would they have been able to put any in place - probably unlikely.

At least they would care more - put health over money, not the other way round.

The coventrian

Rolls-Royce announces hundreds of job cuts in Ansty and Solihull

He's a complete nob but I hope Coventrian gets through alright.

Grenners told me this would never happen though

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Oh bless you david
Rolls-Royce announces hundreds of job cuts in Ansty and Solihull

He's a complete nob but I hope Coventrian gets through alright.

Grenners told me this would never happen though

Oh bless you david. See you can be nice. You know we'd probably actually get on in real life.

I work at LR solihull. No redundancies yet but I think there will be in the future due to the impact of this. It would know doubt be done on service so id be ok with the length of time I've done.

Sick Boy

If anyone can seriously & genuinely say they are surprised by this then they are just stupid and naive.

Just wait until the NHS gets chopped to pieces & the pharma companies get stuck in making their interests & demands clear (which we will immediately cave into), chlorinated chickens will be forgotten in an instant.

Its all panning out exactly as everyone with half a brain knew it would.

You only have to read Britannia Unchained to see what members of the cabinet think of the ‘lazy British worker’. Workers’ rights will be the next to be slashed under the guise of everyone doing their part to help Britain recover and become great again etc.

Sick Boy

Oh bless you david

Oh bless you david. See you can be nice. You know we'd probably actually get on in real life.

I work at LR solihull. No redundancies yet but I think there will be in the future due to the impact of this. It would know doubt be done on service so id be ok with the length of time I've done.
Unfortunately it’s a risk for most people across the continent, also employers taking advantage of workers’ fears around losing their job.

Ring Of Steel

You only have to read Britannia Unchained to see what members of the cabinet think of the ‘lazy British worker’. Workers’ rights will be the next to be slashed under the guise of everyone doing their part to help Britain recover and become great again etc.

Oh yeah- there will be plenty of calls for the Bulldog Spirit soon enough, to teach those Europeans a thing or two- they'll have been blamed for everything as we hurtle towards no deal- which was actually the plan all along.

David O'Day

Nope, thats being reported all over now, seems to be legit

Thats so bad I don't even feel annoyed, its funny
All I am seeing is twitter accounts posting the same unsoured story. Looks like they are just repeating each other.

fernandopartridge

R rate up as well and people tested still strangely unavailable

I believe there is an issue of sorts in that they want data to feed back from the private pathology labs delivering testing Pillar 2 testing into GP IT systems, but had nothing in place to do that. It suggests the data is in a format that can count individuals. They are not being disclosed for political reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread