Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (38 Viewers)

Macca

Is it not just people saying that to make a (perfectly valid) point though? The risk is still there so nobody is actually popping round their nans for a snog because some bald tramp fucked up and got covered for.

Divs aside of course

Yep possibly. It’s just a pretty lame way of making a point for me. Devalues the initial very valid argument I guess.

David O'Day

Plus his defence of Cummings that basically said to people you don't love your children enough was madness.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Gavin Williamson is the one giving car crash interviews today.

I like the people don't lie to prime ministers from the man sacked because the last pm thought he lied to her.

PVA

He has really read the room wrong

Everything Johnson has done so far is to see which way the populist wind is blowing and follow that route.

This time he either read it completely wrong or, more likely, he really does value Cummings' job above everything.

One can only imagine the dirt Cummings has on Boris, the cabinet, Vote Leave, Russia report etc.

The fallout of this is going to be spectacular and I am going to enjoy seeing Johnson's demise.

djr8369

I like the way they’re refusing to say Cummings didn’t stop on the journey because they now know that if the do the press will probably drop a story proving he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

I like the way they’re refusing to say Cummings didn’t stop on the journey because they now know that if the do the press will probably drop a story proving he did.

Johnson probably isn't aware a 260 mile journey with a 4 year old would require stops.
He's usually fucked off on his kids by the time they reach that age.

stupot07

I like the people don't lie to prime ministers from the man sacked because the last pm thought he lied to her.

People also dont lie to the queen...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PVA

This is heartbreaking and there will be hundreds, maybe thousands of stories like this.

Johnson can not address the nation and tell us to do our part any more. He has completely fucked what little credibility he had left out of the window with this.

stupot07

This is heartbreaking and there will be hundreds, maybe thousands of stories like this.

Johnson can not address the nation and tell us to do our part any more. He has completely fucked what little credibility he had left out of the window with this.

Yup, and this is why this isn't going to blow over. It's not about one man flouting the rules, it's the governments response to it sticking 2 fingers up to all those that have followed the rules and suffered.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

For all the bluster about the red wall turning blue a lot of thosevsears onlybhave the thinnest of paper thin majorities.

There's a lot of Northern tory MPs trying to get the pm to sack Cummings if only to save themselves

clint van damme

For all the bluster about the red wall turning blue a lot of thosevsears onlybhave the thinnest of paper thin majorities.

There's a lot of Northern tory MPs trying to get the pm to sack Cummings if only to save themselves

16 back benchers gone public now.

Ring Of Steel

Plus his defence of Cummings that basically said to people you don't love your children enough was madness.

The thing is though everything you read & hear about Johnson leads you to the conclusion that he doesn't think rules apply to him, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he genuinely didn't see the issue, and if he was actually annoyed that people assume he cares about doing the right thing.

"Boris sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility, and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the School. I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else"

Boris Johnson showed 'disgracefully cavalier' attitude to studies, school letter reveals

D

Deleted member 4439

Cummings getting heckled in the street.
My timeline is full of the usual 'left wing frothers' but loads of Tories still going apeshit.
This isn't going away.

The Tory faithful will know more than anyone, whether from personal experience or through their channels, that Dominic Cummings is nasty, loathsome piece of work, with an ego far above his actual capability and merit.

Sky Blue Pete

More than that wasn’t it! Short of beyond reasonable doubt but way beyond balance of probabilities the one that leaked the report

Sky Blue Pete

You can feel the pain. My friend was not able to see his mum as she died

Brighton Sky Blue

They got those seats on massive packs of lies and Brexit. Now they have to fall by those as well

Brighton Sky Blue

The Tory faithful will know more than anyone, whether from personal experience or through their channels, that Dominic Cummings is nasty, loathsome piece of work, with an ego far above his actual capability and merit.

On a mahoosive salary for not doing anything and also living in London, he couldn’t find anyone there to deliver essentials in case he were incapacitated?

PVA

On a mahoosive salary for not doing anything and also living in London, he couldn’t find anyone there to deliver essentials in case he were incapacitated?

He and his wife work long hours. Who usually looks after the kids? As if the Prime Minister's top adviser had no access to support or child care. So fucking transparent.

Brighton Sky Blue

He and his wife work long hours. Who usually looks after the kids? As if the Prime Minister's top adviser had no access to support or child care. So fucking transparent.

Go on home, Dominic Cummings, go on home
Ain’t you got no second home of your own?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

IATA - International Travel Document News

Here is a map of the whole planet and where travel is restricted during the coronavirus outbreak.

I was using it to try and plan a holiday for June, but it seems like one of the only countries on the entire planet that you can still go to without any checks is the fucking UK!

I advise everyone to have a look at this map. Even some 3rd world countries in Africa have a better policy than us.

chiefdave

Boris laddddd!

Another example here from someone whose child was in GOSH, while they were staying with him in hospital they required childcare for their other child. "We spoke at length to our medical teams, and infection control to establish what was and was not acceptable and whether our situation was considered exceptional enough.". Yet know we're supposed to believe Cummings was acting within the rules?

They're taking people for idiots. Its worked in the past but this time there's too many people who have been directly affected or know someone who has been.
“Dear Jeremy

I hope this email finds you safe and well.

You may remember we met last year and discussed my concerns over the impact of a No Deal Brexit on my son’s Car T Cell therapy for his leukaemia. Fred did go ahead to receive this but sadly died during treatment on 3rd May.

Fred was an in patient in hospital from February at Birmingham Children’s Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, at a time when Covid-19 was becoming an issue and when full lockdown went into effect. This added complications and trauma to an already very difficult situation.

During this time Fred did actually contract Coronavirus and, although displaying no symptoms, we were moved to an isolation room with him in hospital. This meant that Fred, my husband and myself spent 10 days in an en suite hospital room without being able to leave, even into the corridor.

From late March,, even when not in isolation, Fred was allowed to receive no visitors other than the two of us. When we moved to GOSH, and were told his condition was life threatening, we had to make the difficult decision of finding childcare for our 11 year old, who was not allowed in the hospital. We agonised over this, knowing that breaking the lockdown was potentially putting other family members at risk. We spoke at length to our medical teams, and infection control to establish what was and was not acceptable and whether our situation was considered exceptional enough. This now seems laughable.

After Fred’s death, we had to return to our family to collect Arthur. Only 10 people were allowed at Fred’s funeral, which was a short graveside service on 14th May. We were pleased that, by that time, lockdown had eased so that his school friends felt able to at least stand outside along the route from our house to the church to pay their respects, some cycled alongside the hearse.

However the isolation we have felt, being unable to see our friends at this time, particularly for Arthur, has been immeasurable.

Therefore you can understand my dismay at the revelations about Dominic Cummings over the weekend, and the extraordinary lengths the Government has gone to to defend his actions.

The guidance was crystal clear. If you or a member of your family have symptoms of coronavirus you must not leave the house for any reason.

The defence that he was anxious for the welfare of his child does not cut it with me. His wife was only mildly ill, he was showing no symptoms, these were not extraordinary circumstances. Quite frankly it is offensive to every family who has had to make incredibly difficult decisions and made extraordinary sacrifices in this lockdown, that this counts as a special case. I can list countless other options the Cummings family had.

How many parents have had coronavirus whilst living with a child in the house? Is the Government now saying that all of them would have been free to have travelled around the country finding a more convenient place to stay whilst they were at their most contagious?

Although I have disagreed with you on many of your voting decisions, I have always had respect for your integrity and experience. I trust, as a former Attorney General, that you have respect for both the letter and the spirit of the laws that we have all been abiding by for the public good.

I would like you to pass on my experience to the Prime Minister, and every cabinet minister who has publicly defended Dominic Cumming's actions. I would also like your assurance that the safety of the public, and the importance of controlling the virus is more important that one man’s job.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely.

Louise Bennett

djr8369

Here is a map of the whole planet and where travel is restricted during the coronavirus outbreak.

I was using it to try and plan a holiday for June, but it seems like one of the only countries on the entire planet that you can still go to without any checks is the fucking UK!

I advise everyone to have a look at this map. Even some 3rd world countries in Africa have a better policy than us.

If you did go away you’d have to isolate for two weeks when getting home? Is this practical for you, perhaps you can work from home or something?

clint van damme

Have you got a Gooutdoors discount card?

Users who are viewing this thread