Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (37 Viewers)

clint van damme

IATA - International Travel Document News

Here is a map of the whole planet and where travel is restricted during the coronavirus outbreak.

I was using it to try and plan a holiday for June, but it seems like one of the only countries on the entire planet that you can still go to without any checks is the fucking UK!

I advise everyone to have a look at this map. Even some 3rd world countries in Africa have a better policy than us.

My travel plans are fucked. Probably going to have to delay by at least a year.
What can you do?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If you did go away you’d have to isolate for two weeks when getting home? Is this practical for you, perhaps you can work from home or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's fine for me and I can sit at home working for two weeks when I get back.

Problem is getting anywhere towards the end of June that'll let me in!

chiefdave

Here is a map of the whole planet and where travel is restricted during the coronavirus outbreak.

I was using it to try and plan a holiday for June, but it seems like one of the only countries on the entire planet that you can still go to without any checks is the fucking UK!

I advise everyone to have a look at this map. Even some 3rd world countries in Africa have a better policy than us.
That's shocking. So its us, Mexico and Serbia (which was closed but has reopened after reporting no new cases). There's always Syria, heard its lovely at this time of year!

Sick Boy

Italy is open from 3rd June, up to 28/30c most days here in the north now as well.

clint van damme

I'd planned to take the eurotunnel but now France have decided to repay us the favour and do 14 days quarantine.

I'm like a reverse refugee, trapped in my own country.

*Where were you planning to go?

South East Asia and possibly on to new Zealand (Though that may be a separate trip).
After everything that's gone on if I can get a couple of short UK breaks I'll be delighted.

skybluetony176

Announcement from Cummings coming in the next few hours according to BBC 1 o’clock news
(edit) apparently he’s also taking questions so a resignation sounds unlikely.

djr8369

Announcement from Cummings coming in the next few hours according to BBC 1 o’clock news
(edit) apparently he’s also taking questions so a resignation sounds unlikely.

This should be entertaining. Prediction - it will make the situation worse.

clint van damme

This should be entertaining. Prediction - it will make the situation worse.

This is now an active police investigation.
Should he be doing this?
Whatever he says he needs to make sure it's 100 percent truthful.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

South East Asia and possibly on to new Zealand (Though that may be a separate trip).
After everything that's gone on if I can get a couple of short UK breaks I'll be delighted.

Where in Asia were you planning?

That's such a shame, but make sure you reschedule if you cannot go. The place is incredible.

djr8369

This is now an active police investigation.
Should he be doing this?
Whatever he says he needs to make sure it's 100 percent truthful.

Presumably it won’t be, which will later be proven, so there will then be allegations of perverting the course of justice.

Ring Of Steel

It gets better- the govt are now taking down their own guidance- presumably so they can deny they were the rules- which I guess now renders lockdown totally over, finished.

clint van damme

Where in Asia were you planning?

That's such a shame, but make sure you reschedule if you cannot go. The place is incredible.

China, Vietenam, Cambodia, Thailand were definites though before this kicked off it was looking more likely we would probably going off in a couple of 6/7 week blocks rather than all in one go, I'd say that will almost certainly be the case now.

The coventrian

I'd planned to take the eurotunnel but now France have decided to repay us the favour and do 14 days quarantine.

I'm like a reverse refugee, trapped in my own country.

*Where were you planning to go?
We're booked on Eurostar on fri 24th of July to go to paris. Meeting friends there for a few drinks and staying the night. The following morning we're getting the train from gare de Lyon to Barcelona. As far as I'm aware it's still on. I'll be pissed off if its cancelled. We should be on a med cruise this week.

stupot07

Cummings doing a press conference. No other aide is indispensable. Shows who the real prime minister is in all bar name.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

We're booked on Eurostar on fri 24th of July to go to paris. Meeting friends there for a few drinks and staying the night. The following morning we're getting the train from gare de Lyon to Barcelona. As far as I'm aware it's still on. I'll be pissed off if its cancelled. We should be on a med cruise this week.
Id be very surprised if you couldn’t do that by then.

clint van damme

The way things are at the minute your biggest issue will be coming back.
Hopefully we see this thing really starting to bottom out by then.

clint van damme

I didn't realise special advisors had a code of conduct.
It seems this press conference is highly irregular and potentially breaches a few guidelines

skybluetony176

Looking at the stuff going around on Twitter it sounds like the press conference could well be Cummings playing the victim using his sons medical condition (autism apparently) as an excuse. Seriously hope this isn’t true. Bigger scum bag than I ever took him for if he uses a medical condition his son has to attempt to blag his way out of this.

clint van damme

Looking at the stuff going around on Twitter it sounds like the press conference could well be Cummings playing the victim using his sons medical condition (autism apparently) as an excuse. Seriously hope this isn’t true. Bigger scum bag than I ever took him for if he uses a medical condition his son has to attempt to blag his way out of this.

I'm no expert on autism but if his son's autistic, and given that he and his wife both work long and unsociable hours, doesn't that indicate they have a trusted and flexible child care network around them in London?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Got sent this earlier -

'The government wanted lock down to end. The unions and sections of the public, parliament and the media were fighting it.

Last night in one fell swoop that stopped. People are screaming they will do as they please now.

There is no Focus on it’s all too dangerous.

For a government who was struggling to end lock down, in one fell swoop they have achieved it, last night Boris spoke about secondaries opening moving to phase 2. Non essential retail opening. Not one journalist gave a shit. They all asked if the rules were changing and could we all now do as we please. Not one asked a question about it. Not one.'

Oh and interesting GSK location - UK locations | GSK UK

skybluetony176

I'm no expert on autism but if his son's autistic, and given that he and his wife both work long and unsociable hours, doesn't that indicate they have a trusted and flexible child care network around them in London?
Even so it’s not like there’s no one with an autistic child coping with Covid 19 while observing lockdown rules. One of my wife’s best friends is a single mother, bipolar and has a child with autism. She had a manic episode last week and has now hit the depression. She’s done some crazy shit in the past while in the manic phase yet somehow she’s still managed to keep to the lockdown and look after an autistic child. It’s no excuse and if he really is going to go down this route I expect it’s just going to exacerbate things with parents with autistic children observing the lockdown with Covid leading the charge. I seriously hope he isn’t going this route.

Users who are viewing this thread