Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (34 Viewers)

hill83

They could have carried on anyway it was never actually against regulations to work

giphy.gif

Grendel

I'm in the office right now and it's still extremely quiet, but there are a few more people knocking about. And there was a bit of traffic on the A45/46 this morning at 05:30.

My worry is your sports directs of this world and their ilk will be all over this getting people back in.

Non essential shops remain closed until at least June 1 - there is more details this week

hill83

Non essential shops remain closed until at least June 1 - there is more details this week

Raab has said it's wednesday for going back to work anyway now. Phew.

And I wasn't strictly talking about shops to be fair.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Piers Morgan is in his element this morning.

Raab refused to go on for an interview, but went on Radio 4 saying you could meet both parents. The government then came out since and said that is incorrect, and that you can only meet one parent. In the park and not in their big garden.

What the fuck is this?

Brighton Sky Blue

Raab refused to go on for an interview, but went on Radio 4 saying you could meet both parents. The government then came out since and said that is incorrect, and that you can only meet one parent. In the park and not in their big garden.

What the fuck is this?

They don’t have a clue what they’re doing, Astute knows though

fernandopartridge

What the fuck is this?

Raab is as thick as fucking shit tbf

NorthernWisdom

What the fuck is this?
You know, I've been fairly tolerant of the government. Who, after all, wants to be in charge at a time like this? You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't... but there's no excuse for the on the hoof nonsensical messaging they've been doing the past week, and the determination to avoid scrutiny. Their consultation, as ever, seems to be non-existent, and their ability is even less.

David O'Day

With regards to holidays, if out bound flights are still operational Raab has fuck all say on international holidays apart from a possible isolation on return

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

With regards to holidays, if out round flights are still operational Raab has fuck all say on international holidays apart from a possible isolation on return

More likely is that other countries will refuse flights from the UK as we’ll probably be the last to get over it

hill83

They've had time to plan this properly. It wasn't even a live speech yesterday. I just can't get my head around it, it feels like a social experiment.

"No change right now, but here is what we are planning"

Then crack on with the rest of it. Easy. Pay me.

Yes there is more information coming today, but so far that is even more confused.

Ring Of Steel

You know, I've been fairly tolerant of the government. Who, after all, wants to be in charge at a time like this? You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't... but there's no excuse for the on the hoof nonsensical messaging they've been doing the past week, and the determination to avoid scrutiny. Their consultation, as ever, seems to be non-existent, and their ability is even less.

Your patience has been very admirable, because its been this way right from the start.

Terry Gibson's perm

I'm concerned how my work will choose to interpret this. Half the management seem keen to go back because they're bored and want a chat(!) the other half seem more cautious, but indecisive.

I fear we'll be hurtling back for no reason.

If it’s anything like our management it has been everything is fine keep going to the grunts on the floor while they work from their offices or homes, we haven’t seen our department manager since the day it started we just get the odd you are all shit message from him but he was unbelievably lazy even before this started.

David O'Day

Even the "excellent" Dan Hodges thinks this is a cluster fuck. Anyone know which poor sucker has to present this in parliament later on today?
41add51d9beef3ecbfc1f8a3700e7995.jpg

David O'Day

Taab has also said this morning the going back to work thing is for Wednesday not today as clearly announced last night.

Clowns

Terry Gibson's perm

They've had time to plan this properly. It wasn't even a live speech yesterday. I just can't get my head around it, it feels like a social experiment.

"No change right now, but here is what we are planning"

Then crack on with the rest of it. Easy. Pay me.

Yes there is more information coming today, but so far that is even more confused.

It was just a load of hand waving and hot air yesterday, but as he worked yesterday he will probably take the rest of the week off.

djr8369

Apparently they consulted with the devolved nations but they seem to have read about the changes in the Sunday papers. They couldn’t talk about it in parliament last week as they were waiting until Sunday evening to get the maximum data before making decisions but it was a prerecorded message. The cabinet met yesterday morning to discuss the plan but the plan was already made and leaked to press. Really worrying trends.

I also wish they’d drop the three line slogans. It’s a pandemic not an election campaign. The first one worked fairly well but now it just feels like they’re going to have a new one for each stage for the sake of it and it’s just empty words which don’t communicate any actual information like “stay home” did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PVA

Even the "excellent" Dan Hodges thinks this is a cluster fuck. Anyone know which poor sucker has to present this in parliament later on today?

The main man himself is making a very rare appearance to present it himself.

Starmer is going to pick him apart at will I'm very much looking forward to it.

Then later this evening he is taking questions from the public.... that have been screened and picked by him and his aides.

Terry Gibson's perm

The main man himself is making a very rare appearance to present it himself.

Starmer is going to pick him apart at will I'm very much looking forward to it.

Then later this evening he is taking questions from the public.... that have been screened and picked by him and his aides.

Oh dear poor old Alexander is going to look a total ass again, Sir Keir is far to smart for him maybe Johnson should be allowed to take his puppet master in for support.

David O'Day

Oh dear poor old Alexander is going to look a total ass again, Sir Keir is far to smart for him maybe Johnson should be allowed to take his puppet master in for support.
I like the way that they nicer Keir is being to you the more trouble you are in

tisza

Where’s it been said about the holidays?
seems to be more about the 14 day self-quarantine when coming back.
Can see a load of loopholes in that.
Eurostar & ferries atm doesn't seem to apply.
or fly to France, hire a car to go nearly anywhere in Europe then fly back from France. daft.

Terry Gibson's perm

Read that it was very busy on the trains this morning and obviously the tube, all they had to do was limit numbers to the carriages and put things on chairs so not many could sit in an area, I hope they have got the Nightingale hospital still ready as they may need it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread