Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (64 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

So Raab has now said we can meet family as long as we social distance.

What a shambles that they even had to confirm this.

I can see people taking the piss now.

skybluetony176

This is just getting more confusing the more they explain it. If Boris was a Coventry manager someone would have called him a taxi by now.

clint van damme

Wait, so I can meet my parents in the park with hundreds of others around. But I cannot meet them at their place in the garden?

Wtf.

Drive to Torquay, get them to drive there in a separate car and spend the day 2 metres apart on the beach doing star jumps and you'll be fine.
Failing that, all get a job together on a building site.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Last line of this article, we are advised against booking a holiday. How lockdown will change now

Yeah, again it isn't clear though. It just advises against it.

Also, apparently the quarantine rule won't apply to people arriving from France.

French passengers exempt from UK quarantine plans

That's fine then. I'll just use Le Shuttle.

This whole thing is bonkers. Even when they say certain passengers will get asked to quarantine, they said you 'might' have to give an address.

Totally mental and weak.

Grendel

Last line of this article, we are advised against booking a holiday. How lockdown will change now

I wouldn’t bother anyway. I’ve looked at uk sites and though they will take bookings after June 15 the t and c section clearly will make it hard to get refunds if they are cancelled rather than a re booking offer

Costly as well even in later months as I guess they will hope for high potential demand late season

I don’t actually see how it’s possible to actually force 14 day quarantine for flights but if a country did someone made the point the other day if you book there a flight and not a package the flight may be non refundable and your holiday is two weeks in an isolation hotel and you aren’t allowed out the room!

Grendel

Yeah, again it isn't clear though. It just advises against it.

Also, apparently the quarantine rule won't apply to people arriving from France.

French passengers exempt from UK quarantine plans

That's fine then. I'll just use Le Shuttle.

This whole thing is bonkers. Even when they say certain passengers will get asked to quarantine, they said you 'might' have to give an address.

Totally mental and weak.

There is no restriction in non flight travel. There can’t be really it’s impractical to do it with goods drivers delivering perishable and manufacturing goods.

I actually know someone who drove home last week through Europe to somewhere in Latvia and I don’t know the route but he got through the borders

rondog1973

85 new cases in Seoul, South Korea prompts government into rethink as it orders reclosure of bars and restaurants. 5 new cases also confirmed in Wuhan.

It's not going away overnight and encouraging the public to ease vigilance will prolong the misery.

As if they haven't fucked it up enough already.....

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There is no restriction in non flight travel. There can’t be really it’s impractical to do it with goods drivers delivering perishable and manufacturing goods.

I actually know someone who drove home last week through Europe to somewhere in Latvia and I don’t know the route but he got through the borders

Interesting you said that. I was thinking of doing a road trip to Europe.

So guess I can get away with that then?

PVA

But no, he's definitely not lazy and definitely doesn't mind being scrutinised.

Starmer will pick him apart with ease today.

PVA

Expert after expert going in two footed on the government this morning...

Dr Chaand Nagpaul, chairman of the British Medical Association (BMA), has been speaking to BBC Breakfast. He said he did not know “on what basis” the government had decided to relax the lockdown rules, as there is still “a considerable amount” of the virus in the community .

“At the moment we have more people dying on Saturday than we had at the beginning of the lockdown,” he said. “We’ve also seen about 4,000 new cases every day over the weekend, and that’s just a fraction of the real number of new cases because of the limited testing so there’s a considerable amount of community circulation of the virus going on.

If we now allow the public to go to local parks in an unlimited sense, and to go outdoors ... what we’ve not heard is how the government will enforce social distancing and how it will avoid a whole neighbourhood playing in a park, with footballs moving from one group to another, and spreading the disease. So, I’m really concerned that there is no clarity."

Grendel

Interesting you said that. I was thinking of doing a road trip to Europe.

So guess I can get away with that then?

I don’t think so as holiday travel is banned in Europe . He had a permit to say where he was going which I assume allowed through borders

David O'Day

85 new cases in Seoul, South Korea prompts government into rethink as it orders reclosure of bars and restaurants. 5 new cases also confirmed in Wuhan.

It's not going away overnight and encouraging the public to ease vigilance will prolong the misery.

As if they haven't fucked it up enough already.....
To be fair they just reopened their bars without any real social distancing thus 1 man can go to 5 bars and clubs and they have to chase down over 2000 people

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

hill83

I'm concerned how my work will choose to interpret this. Half the management seem keen to go back because they're bored and want a chat(!) the other half seem more cautious, but indecisive.

I fear we'll be hurtling back for no reason.

I'm in the office right now and it's still extremely quiet, but there are a few more people knocking about. And there was a bit of traffic on the A45/46 this morning at 05:30.

My worry is your sports directs of this world and their ilk will be all over this getting people back in.

Brighton Sky Blue

It was on sky news. Apparently Raab said it in an.interview but I didn't see the interview.
I'm desperate for a break but to be honest if they open up the UK tourist industry and straying home helps gives it a boost I'm ok with that.

If that is the case I wish they would make these things official to give us a chance of getting some money back

Grendel

I'm concerned how my work will choose to interpret this. Half the management seem keen to go back because they're bored and want a chat(!) the other half seem more cautious, but indecisive.

I fear we'll be hurtling back for no reason.

They could have carried on anyway it was never actually against regulations to work

Users who are viewing this thread