Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (29 Viewers)

wingy

I don't watch a lot of the fella nor much of sky news .
In general Piers seems quite hypocritical and shallow exploiting all sorts of human/personal tragedy.
I caught Kay Burley doing the same as him a few weeks back .
She seems to have been off air more recently and the BBC have been nowhere as far as Political correspondents posing hard questions .

Astute

No. But the point I was making how you were saying how Labour did such and such as if it was unique. I was just pointing out it wasn't. Only way I can do that is compare to the Tories. Didn't say Labour weren't doing what you said, but no point in repeating your assertion.

And as I've said before - I'm not a Labour supporter. You may never have a good word for the Tories but you spend an awful lot of time criticising Labour very strongly in comparison. Now whether that's because you're disappointed in them being a Labour supporter, or as a counterpoint to the many left wing people on here I don't know. But if you're going to go around saying "this is what Labour did wrong" when the same tactics are employed by others the question becomes "why are the outcomes different?"
OK.

Say anything wrong about the Tories and nearly everyone agrees. Nothing to debate. You can always join in with the shitfest though. Say anything wrong about Labour and the same people jump to their defence. Look at it now and I haven't even said anything.

Astute

Isn't as simple as that despite agreeing with something someone has done/said, you can still think they are a c**t for hacking a dead girls phone? Or am I missing something blatant
We are both missing something it seems.

The bloke is a prick. Yes what he has said about the Tories is correct. Time to move on. But some still bring it up.

wingy

People stay at home until really bad. Most suffer in silence or hardly show any symptoms if any.
I have a feeling when eventually there is an inquiry data will show a percentage of lives were lost through the combination of extensive/possible overuse of 111 and late admission point deployed.

Nick

Administrator
It’s possible for him to be completely wrong on the football (which he is) and still challenge inept ministers chatting bollocks on morning TV.

He doesn't challenge though, he's the equivalent of David Johnson shouting SISU over and over. He pushes his agendas that suit or get people worked up and angry as much as he can.

Of course, there are plenty of inept MPs stealing a wage but he doesn't really quiz them and show them up. He just shouts over them and doesn't let them get a word in if they try and answer him.

He is just a journalist version of Sharon from Facebook who virtue signals at every opportunity, no matter how hypocritical they are.

This isn't pro government or pro conservative shite as most will know I think they are all cunts ;)

wingy

He doesn't challenge though, he's the equivalent of David Johnson shouting SISU over and over. He pushes his agendas that suit or get people worked up and angry as much as he can.

Of course, there are plenty of inept MPs stealing a wage but he doesn't really quiz them and show them up. He just shouts over them and doesn't let them get a word in if they try and answer him.

He is just a journalist version of Sharon from Facebook who virtue signals at every opportunity, no matter how hypocritical they are.

This isn't pro government or pro conservative shite as most will know I think they are all cunts ;)
Disagree

He just wants an answer
Most are unwilling and want to waffle filibuster avoid as otherwise they would have to admit to failure .
So rather than be honest truthful about the situation they divert from it in all manners possible .
Honesty is a good thing and what is needed at times like these.

Nick

Administrator
Disagree

He just wants an answer
Most are unwilling and want to waffle filibuster avoid as otherwise they would have to admit to failure .
So rather than be honest truthful about the situation they divert from it in all manners possible .
Honesty is a good thing and what is needed at times like these.

It's the way he goes about it, does he think shouting over people will get him an answer?

As I said, it's not much different to people getting pissed up and shouting at Tim Fisher when there are plenty of things that be questioned to catch him out.

It's funny that he had a rant about Frankie Boyle and called him a disgusting human being considering his own track record.

CCFCSteve

I have a feeling when eventually there is an inquiry data will show a percentage of lives were lost through the combination of extensive/possible overuse of 111 and late admission point deployed.

Interesting point Wingy and there will no doubt have been some deaths caused by people not going to hospital sooner (hopefully not many as that would be horrific - knowing two people who nearly got to that stage, I can only imagine how bad it would’ve been). There is the flip side though (that I think discussed with sick boy early on) of many contagious people staying at home away from other, potentially ill, older, high risk people in GP surgeries and hospitals, especially in the early stages, which may have helped better shield some of those at a greater risk.

Probably very difficult to ever get an accurate assessment of all the pro’s and con’s but as we remained within ICU/hospital capacity (which was unexpected) I wonder if in a second wave more people will be admitted to hospital sooner

wingy

Interesting point Wingy and there will no doubt have been some deaths caused by people not going to hospital sooner (hopefully not many as that would be horrific - knowing two people who nearly got to that stage, I can only imagine how bad it would’ve been). There is the flip side though (that I think discussed with sick boy early on) of many contagious people staying at home away from other, potentially ill, older, high risk people in GP surgeries and hospitals, especially in the early stages, which may have helped better shield some of those at a greater risk.

Probably very difficult to ever get an accurate assessment of all the pro’s and con’s but as we remained within ICU/hospital capacity (which was unexpected) I wonder if in a second wave more people will be admitted to hospital sooner
Valid points Steve .
I really hope some good fortune negates the second point
It may be that things have improved on this point as we've progressed through it .
Like yourself I know of two cases

One has gone home today and the other has been de intubated a couple of day's ago after two weeks with little to no kidney function so still in a tricky spot

It's also troubling to hear that there can be significant after effects when Coming through it

SkyBlueDom26

Weatherspoons looking looking to open In or around June with new social distancing measures.... that would be great but thinks it’s too early, I rekon pubs August

wingy

Weatherspoons looking looking to open In or around June with new social distancing measures.... that would be great but thinks it’s too early, I rekon pubs August
IDK Dom

It seems to have slipped a bit in the last week and many already going back to work
I.hope they haven't jumped the gun and messed all the hard work up

Astute

Well too early. Social distancing between people who are pissed? Then you have the idiots that think they are invincible and can take on the world after sniffing a few beer mats. Our hospital staff have enough to cope with already without adding countless idiots.

I know many of us love going out for a pint or few but pubs should be the very last thing to open. All the hard work will be to waste if done too early.

David O'Day

I'd say mid July for pubs, restaurants could be earlier as you can keep people apart by taking out tables etc.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

That prick can open his pubs when he likes. I won't be going in one again. Loads of people I know feel exactly the same.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I hope people do fick them off but alas too many people will be attracted by cheap pints

Astute

That prick can open his pubs when he likes. I won't be going in one again. Loads of people I know feel exactly the same.

It used to be my call in after my last night shift. Couple of hours sleep then in for my large breakfast with a couple of pints to wash it down. Will only cost me a few quid more to use a pub offering buffet breakfast and beer where they treated their staff with respect. And the walk will do me good.

Astute

Marked difference with the local pubs, most of which have been trying their best to help their community.
The wife's dad gets his dinner delivered from a pub a few miles away 4 times a week for a fiver a time. They are full roasts.

Astute

Pubs a pub mate, think people will be itching to get to any one they reopen
A pub is a pub. But that wanker won't be getting any more money out if me. He sacked all his staff instead of keeping them on in case he didn't get the money back off the government then had the balls ti tell them they could go wirk for Tesco's until pubs reopened then could go back to their old jobs. Hope all the staff find something better and he struggles to find staff to reopen.

covmark

I hope people do fick them off but alas too many people will be attracted by cheap pints

I'm not so sure. I think people like Mr Martin have left a really bad taste, to go along with the tragedies of the pandemic.
The public won't forget what happened very quickly.

I hope.

AVWskyblue

I'd say mid July for pubs, restaurants could be earlier as you can keep people apart by taking out tables etc.

Im hoping theartes are back by July 31st as its our wedding anniversary and I've got tickets to go see Phantom of the Opera st Birmingham hippadrome, best tickets too

Sent from my Alba7Nou using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Im hoping theartes are back by July 31st as its our wedding anniversary and I've got tickets to go see Phantom of the Opera st Birmingham hippadrome, best tickets too

Sent from my Alba7Nou using Tapatalk
Theatres could be doable but they would have to halve the amount of attendees at least

David O'Day

I'm not so sure. I think people like Mr Martin have left a really bad taste, to go along with the tragedies of the pandemic.
The public won't forget what happened very quickly.

I hope.

I hope so too but judging by the people I see in spoons pubs I dont hold out to much hope

David O'Day

The job retention scheme is only budgeted until the 1st of July. Could this be another reason for the subtle change to the 5th test and the desire fo at least start to reopen the economy?

SkyBlueDom26

The job retention scheme is only budgeted until the 1st of July. Could this be another reason for the subtle change to the 5th test and the desire fo at least start to reopen the economy?

No it will get extended again if needs be? At some point we have to get the economy going again we can’t sit in all year nobody will have a job left and imagine how many deaths will occur from that mixed in with a global depression.... once it’s safe we need to get going again...

David O'Day

No it will get extended again if needs be? At some point we have to get the economy going again we can’t sit in all year nobody will have a job left and imagine how many deaths will occur from that mixed in with a global depression.... once it’s safe we need to get going again...
They are not going to pay the 100s of billions to extend the plans though. That'll be another 300 odd billion.

Also there is no point in having an economy with no demand and your heroes have no desire for stimulus.

SkyBlueDom26

They are not going to pay the 100s of billions to extend the plans though. That'll be another 300 odd billion.

Also there is no point in having an economy with no demand and your heroes have no desire for stimulus.

See this is where it’s going to be so difficult to find the balance with the economy..... I literally don’t have a clue what is going to happen that’s the scary thing fearing the unknown

Users who are viewing this thread