Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (27 Viewers)

Grendel

It’s possible for him to be completely wrong on the football (which he is) and still challenge inept ministers chatting bollocks on morning TV.

In other words you agree with his sensationalism and tub thumping when it suits

Grendel

Asking a minister how many people have died in care homes and them not knowing when it’s their job is sensationalising.

OK mate.

Morgan of course would in his day have hired actors to play dead people in these homes but if he’s your torch bearer then good on you

Grendel

Just ignore Grendal. He's a weirdo, if people on here were hating on him him he'd be full of praise for him.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I thought you had me on ignore David.

clint van damme

Morgan of course would in his day have hired actors to play dead people in these homes but if he’s your torch bearer then good on you

That doesn't make him wrong about the government's handling of the crisis though.
Yes, he had absolutely no moral compass when he worked for the press, and probably still doesn't.

Grendel

And you say he’s sensationalising things...

It’s strange how you seem to loath populism but seem to support the epitome of such when it suits

skybluetony176

It’s strange how you seem to loath populism but seem to support the epitome of such when it suits
Most of the country seems to be under the illusion that the government are doing a fantastic job. How is it populism to be critical of the government? Populism is the shite you and Dom spout.

David O'Day

Most of the country seems to be under the illusion that the government are doing a fantastic job. How is it populism to be critical of the government? Populism is the shite you and Dom spout.
You ever seen Grenners and Dom in the same room

David O'Day

Calling the government go account for missing it's own targets and failing to explain why is hardly populism.
See this is the utter shite he spouts. He's the kind of weirdo that would drink brew XI in the snug at the cottage

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yes it’s called the winning room David - every single time

Congratulations.

Shame you'll never get to visit the room that's right though.

But hey...

81V4S%2BL03SL._SY606_.jpg

David O'Day

Congratulations.

Shame you'll never get to visit the room that's right though.

But hey...

81V4S%2BL03SL._SY606_.jpg
Grenners post is almost as good as Tom's life post.

Grenners couldn't win a game of soggy biscuit against himself.

Mans a pure weirdo and a pure fantasist.

#WINNINGTHECHEWINGLEGOGAME

Sky Blue Pete

Really interesting

Third of hospitalised Covid-19 patients in UK have died, study finds
675d8aee-4b79-418d-b764-60cce17125de.jpg

James Gallagher

Health and science correspondent, BBC News

The biggest study of Covid-19 patients in the UK shows a third admitted to hospital have died.

Just under half have been discharged, with the rest still being treated.

Prof Calum Semple, the chief investigator from the University of Liverpool, said the "crude hospital fatality rate is of the same magnitude as Ebola".

He said around 35-40% of hospitalised Ebola patients die.

"People need to hear this... this is an incredibly dangerous disease."

Nearly 17,000 patients from 166 hospitals were part of the study. Obesity and age both increased the risk of death.

The study also confirmed that men are more likely to have severe disease, and the gap between outcomes for men and women gets wider with age.

Astute

Again, what do the Tories do? Go full on attack on Labour and ignore their own failings. Anti-semitism vs Islamophobia and their own anti-semitism problems? Brush their own under the carpet and slam Corbyn and Labour.

Massive budget deficits and rising debt. Problem for them all but say Labour's plans are totally unaffordable.

The Tories go on the attack just as much, if not more, than Labour do. They're just more adept at hiding or deflecting from their own issues. Whether this is partly to do with having a media that will help keep these things under the radar, better use of legal processes to prevent reporting or just keeping it in-house for the greater good of getting elected than the power struggle of Labour, where they both shoot themselves in the foot by trying to give their faction the upper hand and just end up making the party as a whole (and therefore themselves) look bad.
Here we go with the Tory thing again.

I never have a good word for the Tories but it gets ignored. I say what is wrong with Labour and you would think I have said something badly wrong about someone's religion. Most on here either go into defence mode or go on the attack. Then in later posts they make out they agree with me but don't link it to a post of mine.

Work that one out.

Astute

Forget the media not repeating it, Labour didn’t repeat it! The messages were terrible and forgettable. Good messaging isn’t right wing is my point!

The media tore apart the 50,000 nurses and 40 hospitals claims as well. All that does is amplify the claims.

And Labours manifesto had a £58bn Waspi sized hole in it. There’s lots of experts who say zero carbon by 2030 is impossible. We didn’t say how we’d set prices for bringing broadband into public control.

This is exactly what I mean, conspiracy theories and whining about fairness rather than accepting we did a bad job. Even if everyone is against us why not give them less ammo? Why not make their job harder?

This is why the left loses control every time. Rank incompetence and reliance on nonsense about media bias.
Can you explain why this post is any different to what I am saying?

Astute

No. He's been spot on taking the government to task but he's wrong about this.
It is possible to agree with someone on one subject but not another.
Yeah agree with him when he says what you do but call him a twat when he doesn't.

David O'Day

Really interesting

Third of hospitalised Covid-19 patients in UK have died, study finds
675d8aee-4b79-418d-b764-60cce17125de.jpg

James Gallagher

Health and science correspondent, BBC News

The biggest study of Covid-19 patients in the UK shows a third admitted to hospital have died.

Just under half have been discharged, with the rest still being treated.

Prof Calum Semple, the chief investigator from the University of Liverpool, said the "crude hospital fatality rate is of the same magnitude as Ebola".

He said around 35-40% of hospitalised Ebola patients die.

"People need to hear this... this is an incredibly dangerous disease."

Nearly 17,000 patients from 166 hospitals were part of the study. Obesity and age both increased the risk of death.

The study also confirmed that men are more likely to have severe disease, and the gap between outcomes for men and women gets wider with age.

Ebola will put a far greater percentage of people who have it hospital. According to the WHO figures ebola has a mortality rate of around 50 percent.

clint van damme

Yeah agree with him when he says what you do but call him a twat when he doesn't.

So what?
I don't like him . But I think he's been right regarding governments handling of the crisis.
Probably the only thing I've agreed with him on.
But I'll judge each of his arguements on merit. Doubt I'll ever warm to him though.

Can't see past his phone hacking g antics.

shmmeee

Agree with this, Labour needs to be a lot more focused on the policy intention and go with that rather than going with the underlying detail. Then again, you've got to remember that this isn't a level playing field, what Tories say is generally taken by the media at face value whereas Labour is always subject to more scrutiny.

Thats not an excuse to not do the basics though. I’m an ugly fucker. When I go on the pull the odds are stacked against me. All the more reason to get my hygiene spot on and dress well. I can’t go out stinking of piss and wearing a bin bag then come home and whine about “snakes with tits being shallow and it’s not a level playing field with all these handsome men around”.

I just wish the left would elect someone who does the basics. Fucking 100 page manifesto. Pure masturbation.

David O'Day

Interesting though - if you go to hospital about 1 in 3 chance of not going home
But to compare it to ebola is scaremongering. You catch ebola you have a 1 n 2 chance of dying.

Study seems a little small as well. You could just compare hospitalised people with hospital deaths. These are figures that are published each day.

Astute

So what?
I don't like him . But I think he's been right regarding governments handling of the crisis.
Probably the only thing I've agreed with him on.
But I'll judge each of his arguements on merit. Doubt I'll ever warm to him though.

Can't see past his phone hacking g antics.
So you can't see past his phone hacking unless he is having a go at the Tories?

Yes he is right to have a go at the Tories. But some put him forward as a hero fir saying so. There are much better people speaking the truth about the Tories.

clint van damme

So you can't see past his phone hacking unless he is having a go at the Tories?

Yes he is right to have a go at the Tories. But some put him forward as a hero fir saying so. There are much better people speaking the truth about the Tories.

Do you ever read posts correctly?

I can't see past his phone hacking full stop but if I think he's right I'll say so.

Do you only agree with someone based on whether you like them?

Who are these 'better people' you're referring to?

Astute

Thats not an excuse to not do the basics though. I’m an ugly fucker. When I go on the pull the odds are stacked against me. All the more reason to get my hygiene spot on and dress well. I can’t go out stinking of piss and wearing a bin bag then come home and whine about “snakes with tits being shallow and it’s not a level playing field with all these handsome men around”.

I just wish the left would elect someone who does the basics. Fucking 100 page manifesto. Pure masturbation.
Straight bullet points on what would change. Numbers are just that. Numbers.

Look at Boris. He had a shit message. But it was a clear message. Those who wanted what he said knew what he said.

Users who are viewing this thread