Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (33 Viewers)

jordan210

and? I've linked you to the deaths per day of death figures so reporting delays have fuck all to do with anything

The actual deaths per day are at a par with the very worse we have seen and given the hospitalisation rates and time from test to hospital to death are likely to be high for a while.

The press quote 1800 daily deaths what include delays and actual per day is 1000-1100. So you do need to take them with a pinch of salt.

At no point have I said any thing about being less than what we have seen. All I said if you have to take the daily with a pinch of salt as some people use it as a gospel.

But if you look at the data it looks like we might have passed the peak.

Kieranp96

The press quote 1800 daily deaths what include delays and actual per day is 1000-1100. So you do need to take them with a pinch of salt.

At no point have I said any thing about being less than what we have seen. All I said if you have to take the daily with a pinch of salt as some people use it as a gospel.

But if you look at the data it looks like we might have passed the peak.
Peak of new cases yes peak of deaths not a chance, got to remember deaths follow normally 3/4 weeks after, deaths will be in the thousand/s until mid Feb at the earliest.

fernandopartridge

and? I've linked you to the deaths per day of death figures so reporting delays have fuck all to do with anything

The actual deaths per day are at a par with the very worse we have seen and given the hospitalisation rates and time from test to hospital to death are likely to be high for a while.
It's as if no other countries celebrate Christmas and New year

Macca

Awful start to the year and significant problems in the north with flooding in the news if you can find it under BBC’s 3 day USA wide on

Macca

Front page of the bbc site next to this which is awful

On typing this morning both current news stories were secondary to USA. Anyway yes I read this. It’s the perfect storm of winter health wise that was predicted. A looser lockdown than last year along with a more critical situation virus wise. Pretty typical of this Governments clusterfuck management of the situation

chiefdave

I can’t be the only one who stopped reading this article the moment it stated that the kebab house wasn’t named?

p.s. I recommend German Doner Kebab
There's been a few of these. I just don't get it, are they giving that as a BS excuse to cover something else?

Surely nobody in their right mind does that even when there's not a pandemic, I'll thing about getting a Nando's and not bother as its too much hassle to go and pick up and that's 5 minutes away.

NorthernWisdom

There's been a few of these. I just don't get it, are they giving that as a BS excuse to cover something else?

Surely nobody in their right mind does that even when there's not a pandemic, I'll thing about getting a Nando's and not bother as its too much hassle to go and pick up and that's 5 minutes away.
Their top choice of dealer is in Coventry, I'd wager

Saddlebrains

I wasnt going but thats a kick in the teeth.

We're being promised a lot more normality with the vaccine yet this is cancelled 6 months already.

Doesnt bode well for summer does it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210121-141123_Sky News.jpg
    Screenshot_20210121-141123_Sky News.jpg
    715.3 KB · Views: 28

fernandopartridge

We're being promised a lot more normality with the vaccine yet this is cancelled 6 months already.

Being realistic, the priority people can only really be considered vaccinated once they've had their second jab, which is looking like it'll be well into May. I expect that national lockdown might be relieved once all those on the priority list have had their first jab, but only to the local tiers which might gradually be reduced as the infection levels drop.

chiefdave

Its not so much a case of what things will be like in the summer as the uncertainly. The costs of putting on a festival don't start the day they open the gates or even the day they start putting the bill together.

You're looking at paying out a lot of money upfront for an event that may not happen and, given that covid is already a known thing which is likely exempt from insurance, something they would't be able to make a claim for if it ended up being called off.

fernandopartridge

I had a look at some data on NHS England earlier, in response to a tweet from one of the many arseholes that hang around Carl Heneghan's tweets. He'd said that this year was no different to last year as occupancy of critical care beds was no higher as a percentage of capacity.

NHSE publishes sitreps about bed capacity / occupancy. I had a look at two dates to compare:

17 Jan 20: 3066 critical care beds occupied of capacity of 3679 (83%)
17 Jan 21: 5176 critical care beds occupied of capacity of 5992 (86%)

That's a 68% rise in occupancy.

chiefdave

Being realistic, the priority people can only really be considered vaccinated once they've had their second jab, which is looking like it'll be well into May.
Glasto is June and you'd think the majority of the crowd would be in groups not covered but the first round of vaccinations.

Would you really risk putting 200K people, mostly unvaccinated, in a field for a week in pretty unhygienic conditions? Seems a big risk to take.

Doesn't mean you won't be able to go and sit in a pub beer garden in the summer.

Liquid Gold

Shambala tickets are going on sale as the organisers are optimistic they'll be able to do it in late August. Glastonbury was never going ahead with the size of it and it being early season.

Just focus on building up and getting the little wins. First picnic in the sun, pint back in a a pub, not having to book to go to the pub etc. then before you know it we'll be back.

tisza

Isn't there an SBT poster who now lives in Exeter???

Brighton Sky Blue

Glasto is June and you'd think the majority of the crowd would be in groups not covered but the first round of vaccinations.

Would you really risk putting 200K people, mostly unvaccinated, in a field for a week in pretty unhygienic conditions? Seems a big risk to take.

Doesn't mean you won't be able to go and sit in a pub beer garden in the summer.

If the top 9 groups are done by then I don’t see why not, but that’s the problem, it’s not guaranteed and probably easier to cancel now

Nick

Administrator

Dont really see the issue, not really a kick in the teeth.

More naive to think shit like that will happen this year and people booking holidays.

LastGarrison

I tried GDK, didn't rate it at all. My favourite place in Cov is Pasha on Far Gosford St
You need to give it a second try. The one in the Burges is lovely.

I’ve used Pasha a lot over the past few years, mainly when hanging on a Monday, and it is ok but not a patch on Antalya which is the best Turkish in Cov IMO.

Brighton Sky Blue

You need to give it a second try. The one in the Burges is lovely.

I’ve used Pasha a lot over the past few years, mainly when hanging on a Monday, and it is ok but not a patch on Antalya which is the best Turkish in Cov IMO.

Disappointing there’s no good Greek places to my knowledge

LastGarrison

I’ve just booked Jimmy Carr for a social distanced gig at the new Empire in April.

Still seems a bit early but gives me something to look forward to and at £60 for two tickets it’s a shot to nothing.

LastGarrison

They’ve just purchased the restaurant no idea how quick these things take to get up and running. They’ve looked and can’t see any Greek restaurants in the city
There’s Zorbas which is a bit of a Cov institution over the road from the, now closed, Grapes in Radford but bar that can’t think of any others.

Definitely a good opportunity. Do you know where they’ll be opening?

Users who are viewing this thread