Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (11 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

They’ve just purchased the restaurant no idea how quick these things take to get up and running. They’ve looked and can’t see any Greek restaurants in the city

There definitely is one, near Barr's Hill I think. Went there and was pretty unimpressed

speedie87

Anyone had to go to get their jab down Cov and north Warwickshire cricket club yet?
Dad got to go wondering what the setup is, in terms of parking etc , in terms of letting him make own way there or giving a lift

fernandopartridge

Anybody see the slight problem with this?

Let's assume that people really aren't stupid enough to catch it for the sake of £500. It's a better idea than what happens currently. If the rule is set that eligibility is where home working is not possible and no sick pay paid. It only needs employer approval.

D

Deleted member 4439

Let's assume that people really aren't stupid enough to catch it for the sake of £500. It's a better idea than what happens currently. If the rule is set that eligibility is where home working is not possible and no sick pay paid. It only needs employer approval.

When you mix poverty and drugs with less than average iq, things happen.

shmmeee

Gonna be honest, my first thought was I know loads of people that will try and catch COVID because of that.

wingy

This has reared its head again this morning.
I do hope it's nor the case but catching the end of a segment on BBC news this morning I'm not sure.
Care home operators appealing for the second jab close to the 3week window for the second jab,it sounds like they've got heavy outbreaks again .

NorthernWisdom

Had to ring the doctor about something else this morning, the message said they were getting lots of calls about the vaccine, and to wait until they were contacted. I had to wait in a queue for fifteen minutes, whereas before, even during this pandemic, I've at least been able to talk to reception quickly, if not a doctor. I hope the two aren't related!

Otis

Screenshot_20210122-111854.png

They should be locked up!

They need to trace every single person and fine all of them. Every single last one. And if children were there, fine the parents for each and everyone of the children who attended too.

I wonder how doctors and nurses will feel about seeing yet another story such as this.

It's a disgrace.

chiefdave

Wedding party of 400 people broken up in London:eek:
Its hard to believe the stupidity of some people. And in a case like this you're not talking about an individual. You've got someone organising it, a venue agreeing to it & allowing measures such as covering the windows so they clearly knew it was wrong and then hundreds of people attending. Its beyond belief.

Otis

They should close the cunty extremist religious school down for good too......fucking dumb pricks.
That has taken a lot of collusion and organisation. Caterers, the school itself, wedding photographers, disco and rabbis etc.

Hope there is a wedding video and the whole lot are identifed.

Grendel

That has taken a lot of collusion and organisation. Caterers, the school itself, wedding photographers, disco and rabbis etc.

Hope there is a wedding video and the whole lot are identifed.

The school has denied knowledge of knowing about it

Otis

The school has denied knowledge of knowing about it
I find that hard to believe. I have hired school classrooms and halls and theatre spaces and the school always want to know what the hire is for and how many people etc.

chiefdave

The latest ONS stats have the percentage of new variant cases dropping fairly significantly in London and the south east and nothing like the surge in other areas that we saw in London despite it now being all round the country.

That's unexpected isn't it? Even if the number of cases overall are well down wouldn't you still expect the percentage that were the new variant to be maintained?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Maybe it was more virulent but shorter lived and so is 'dying off' in terms of overall infections with more lockdown restrictions (even though they're not being quite as well observed as they could be)?

Philosorapter

Waiting for Johnson to drop the bomb.

The new covid variant has a higher mortality rate.

Ian1779

So are we saying longer lockdown, tighter restrictions on the basis it’s easier to spread too?

Users who are viewing this thread