Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (25 Viewers)

wingy

Yes, new Labour is back most definitely
That's the thing isn't it.
They're doing the Gov'ts work for them .
Shouldn't it be them that take the brickbats for any restrictions or enforcement , unless of course we carry on the subliminal messaging that ensured Stellar adherence to the rules up to now .

wingy

I'm basically on Facebook for groups to share my hobbies. Turns out the people who like my posts are reactionary swivel eyed loons. Some of the posts on their profile pages are all about how government want to control, and track (if they thought rationally, they'd realise that even if they wanted to, our government would be unable to track our movements, even if they implanted all of us) and how the flu vaccine is really Mercury and kills everyone who takes it.

That kind of nutter behaviour is bad enough on a profile page. Extend it to adverts and absolutely, it should be banned.

Also, if any vaccine is 90% effective, it needs as many as possible to have it, to damp the risk. I'm not for forcing people to have it, but am for the censoring of crazed bullshit.
But everyone knows about the chip implanted when they wheel you off to sort the umbilical cord anyway.

stupot07

Anyone else think this Boris 'self isolation' is just a convenient 'hiding in the fridge' to avoid 2 weeks of PMQs and other forms if scrutiny following the cummings exit and probably the 2 most important weeks of brexit so far and rising Covid 19 deaths and infections.

Why wasn't he socially distancing and/or wearing ppe in the meeting with his fellow mp?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Anyone else think this Boris 'self isolation' is just a convenient 'hiding in the fridge' to avoid 2 weeks of PMQs and other forms if scrutiny following the cummings exit and probably the 2 most important weeks of brexit so far and rising Covid 19 deaths and infections.

Why wasn't he socially distancing and/or wearing ppe in the meeting with his fellow mp?

Nah, this was his big relaunch as cuddly Boris week.

Nick

Administrator
Just put the TV on, Morgan still shouting and ranting rather than letting people speak.

He makes their jobs easier by shouting over them to let them slip out of things.

Ian1779

Being in self-isolation is possibly the worst thing that could happen for him.

As he’s supposedly had it, if he contracts it again then it has a huge impact on the idea of returning to normality, would the imminent vaccine be able to counter this development?

He was no doubt going to relaunch himself this week post-Cummings yet he’s stuck in his flat, numbers of cases, hospitalisations and deaths will carry on rising all whilst he is ‘absent’ He doesn’t even have a worthwhile story to drop into the news to take away the distraction.

Skybluefaz

He might be shouty and a bit aggressive at times, but hardly what I’d call desperate when he’s one of the few people in the news/media that tries to hold the government to account.
He may be on my side of the argument, he's still trying desperately hard to appear to be the voice of reason. There is no need to lay it on so thick. He's still the bloke who got upset about vegan sausage rolls so he could get pats on the back. Still the phone tapper.

Nick

Administrator
He might be shouty and a bit aggressive at times, but hardly what I’d call desperate when he’s one of the few people in the news/media that tries to hold the government to account.

Thing is this morning he was too busy ranting and talking over him that he let him off the hook easily.

It reminds me of when people would aimlessly shout at Tim Fisher and he would love it because he didn't really have to answer anything as people were too busy ranting that we hadn't signed Messi.

shmmeee

Thing is this morning he was too busy ranting and talking over him that he let him off the hook easily.

It reminds me of when people would aimlessly shout at Tim Fisher and he would love it because he didn't really have to answer anything as people were too busy ranting that we hadn't signed Messi.

You aren’t going to get anything out of a modern political interview. You’ve got two choices:

The BBC route of being deferential and kind and not asking any questions or if you do letting them ignore them. This results in the robotic pre scripted answers we always get.

The Morgan route of knowing you won’t get anything so unloading on them for ratings.

The Fisher analogy holds up as neither route got any answers out of him either. Not a lot you can do when faced with someone who’s entire job is not to tell you anything but the party line.

Grendel

He’s a shallow interviewer and a celebrity hunter. There are few real political interviewers around of much gravitas. Andrew Neil is a long way the best of a bad bunch but Brian Waldon will dispair from his grave how someone like Morgan could even be considered anything more than a pantomime character. None of The leaders of either party over the last decade would have lasted 2 minutes with him

NorthernWisdom

Sounds like the Moderna vaccine in the US is even more effective than the Pfizer one (and can be stored at higher temperatures too)

The big unanswered question is whether vaccination stops you spreading the disease, as well as just suffering from it.
Pfizer, the head honcho reckons it reduces spread by about 50% (although yet to be signed off on that).

fernandopartridge

Sounds like the Moderna vaccine in the US is even more effective than the Pfizer one (and can be stored at higher temperatures too)

The big unanswered question is whether vaccination stops you spreading the disease, as well as just suffering from it.

My understanding is that a vaccine generally kills the virus so quickly so as to heavily limit the ability to pass it on to others

David O'Day

If the AstraZeneca vaccine yields similar results to the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines potentially this is humanities way out early.

Ian1779

I see what you mean - but watching the interviewer basically hand-hold the minister like you see on the BBC for example is even more unfuriating. I remember Morgan interviewing Helen Whately for example and showing her up for the incompetent muppet she so clearly is.

ajsccfc

There was a Russian vaccine claiming 92% last week too, looking forward to them revising it to 96% later on today.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The though had crossed my mind. It does seem convenient. But then I was sceptical last time and he was genuinely ill

clint van damme

You can well imagine people here with the same attitude:

I know 2 people who've been ill with Covid who've had people try to tell them its not real. In one instance it's ended a long friendship.

There are people who won't accept it until either they get it or one of their close family does.

In other news covid has got into the Mother in.laws care home and they've contacted the family for permission to vaccinate which suggests they are expecting to have it available imminently.

Users who are viewing this thread