Coronavirus (CCFC Related) (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

I’d be surprised if League 1 and 2 get started up again, to be honest.

stay_up_skyblues

Genuinely be amazed if League 1 doesn’t finish. Stream it PPV and surely the income from that against the savings with match day costs etc. and most teams will be better off.

chiefdave

Bundesliga looking to restart on 9th of May. They've ordered 25K tests at a cost of £2.2m. No crowds and limits on who is in the stadium. Players have to take their kit home and wash it!

Still needs to be approved by the German government.

Kneeza

Just on BBC East Mids news. Bouncing a tennis ball for the equivalent distance of Hinckley to Wimbledon for NHS...
(Richard Wood?).
20200423_185235.jpg
Bit over-blue, but definitely Sky Blue ;)

Flying Fokker

That is a poor decision. PPG or a restart. No matter how many additional games are played the league should at least try. Or award titles on PPG

ccfcricoh

Shows why some of our fans who are calling for the season to end now might want to have a rethink.

There is no way they finish the season now and Cov go up, PPG will not be used, they wont "guess" the rest of the season.

This is very worrying, fingers crossed EFL and Prem can sort something out to finish behind closed doors sharpish! I'm not overly confident we'd do as well again "next" season!

AStonesThrow

Not necessarily CCFC related but noteworthy. Couldn’t see other non CCFC thread

Attachments

• 84128756-4288-494F-8D6F-B704BF58FDC5.png
    84128756-4288-494F-8D6F-B704BF58FDC5.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 54

AStonesThrow

Doesn't that timeframe only take you to the start of coronavirus deaths? We were talking in the tens and hundreds then before it leapt into the thousands a week in April.
Yeah that’s a good point, just something that caught my attention. Food for thought nonetheless

shmmeee

Yeah that’s a good point, just something that caught my attention. Food for thought nonetheless

Not really. It’s been debunked several times. Here’s the only graph you need (also this isn’t CCFC related, but I can’t let fake news spread about this) Grey lines are previous years deaths, red is this year:

upload_2020-4-25_7-56-45.jpeg

Flying Fokker

There is no way they finish the season now and Cov go up, PPG will not be used, they wont "guess" the rest of the season.

This is very worrying, fingers crossed EFL and Prem can sort something out to finish behind closed doors sharpish! I'm not overly confident we'd do as well again "next" season!
Thanks. Tell me why there is no way PPG would be used. Even some Sunderland fans think PPG is fair.

ccfcricoh

Thanks. Tell me why there is no way PPG would be used. Even some Sunderland fans think PPG is fair.
Because its not fair., some teams have had harder games than others, some more at home etc.

Oh well, if Sunderland fans say its ok, it must be the way forward!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Flying Fokker

Because its not fair., some teams have had harder games than others, some more at home etc.

Oh well, if Sunderland fans say its ok, it must be the way forward!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Things being equal and all that. Feeble view on rewarding failure.

wingy

Sounds extremely likely the Prem Will restart before the end of May

Don't know about other leagues , but they're inconsequential in the eyes of media

larry_david

It's coming isn't it. The restart. Bcd, tests for players and staff. To boost morale of the UK sports fans. Absolutely makes sense

Brighton Sky Blue

What a c**t,. Can't believe people are fighting to lick his arse.

He thinks it’s fair to say no promotion to a club 12 points clear at the top of the league below because the Dutch didn’t fancy some extra games next season.

Brighton Sky Blue

Bundesliga looking to restart on 9th of May. They've ordered 25K tests at a cost of £2.2m. No crowds and limits on who is in the stadium. Players have to take their kit home and wash it!

Still needs to be approved by the German government.

No surprise to see them exercising common sense before anyone else

Nick

Administrator
Colchester are saying they are releasing players they would have otherwise re-signed to cut costs.

SlowerThanPlatt

3 of them players have played nearly every game this season too. One of them is the captain!

I don’t think any of our first 11 are out of contract but if this starts happening to other clubs I can’t see how the season continues

chiefdave

Be interesting to see if clubs start picking up released players for next season. If all clubs do the same as Colchester it will be a complete free for all when its confirmed the season is starting.

Is there anything stopping them offering contracts that have a small retainer and / or wage deferral until there is a date for things to start back up?

Users who are viewing this thread