Coronavirus (CCFC Related) (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

All the optimism about pretty certain season will start beginning of May initially behind closed doors. Mmmmmmm likely? Not!!!!

skyblue1991

Anyone know how the players are keeping their fitness levels topped up, even under furlough? Or if all is well with regards to no symptoms etc?

Ring Of Steel

Anyone know how the players are keeping their fitness levels topped up, even under furlough? Or if all is well with regards to no symptoms etc?

I think I read that they all have personalised programmes to follow, and that the data from their phones & things feeds into the club so that they can see the movement- was pretty impressive stuff actually, they will know if anyone is skiving!

Ring Of Steel

The momentum all seems to be geared towards finishing this season however long it will take. I still think behind closed doors games could be done with minimal risk to players and staff

How many would be nervous about going into a ground once they open up again?

And was I the only one daydreaming about a hastily arranged, triumphant return to a full house Ricoh to watch the Championship title awarded... :)

covcity4life

I think we start agaib in may. Annoucement in april

Behind closed doors at first. Maybe open to public late june

Lets focus on winning 5 games before look too much into how we lift title. Its not gonna be the way we all hoped most probably bit still a magnificent end to season we need to go out and achieve

skybluesam66

Finances will be a struggle for all clubs

This year season tickets - I have written mine off - will some want a refund
Away ticket sales - Again I have around £150 in unused away tickets for me and family - what happens here . I have written off in my mind, but will all ?
This season probably concludes behind closed doors (if at all) - and a loss of revenue
Next season very likely to start behind closed doors

So a massive loss of revenue

We need promotion to cover this - Championship revenues will cover lost league 1 money, however we would probably then have to carry on with more or less a league 1 team

I imagine however that many players will be on clubs' release lists, and wage demands will dip

Magwitch

We need promotion to cover this - Championship revenues will cover lost league 1 money, however we would probably then have to carry on with more or less a league 1
Not at St Andrews it won’t.

Brylowes

Maybe they should play out the remainder of the season in a 5 aside format, could play all games
Over 10 minutes and all in one place, would probably get it all wrapped up over 2 Saturday’s would
even have the time to get all the play offs completed
I would go with:
Marosi
Dabo
Walsh
O’Hare
Godden

Subs.
McCallum
Allen
Kelly
Hiwala
Biamou
;)

Magwitch

I said assuming people not coming in, the championship revenues being TV and commercial monies
Without promotion it will be a very difficult year
Listened to a radio program yesterday chap talking about sport re-starting, thought it will soon Government are keen as a moral boost but reckons it will be a long time before we see 50000 gates again and even longer before away fans are allowed.

Ring Of Steel

Listened to a radio program yesterday chap talking about sport re-starting, thought it will soon Government are keen as a moral boost but reckons it will be a long time before we see 50000 gates again and even longer before away fans are allowed.

I never thought about that bit- away fans. Good point.

Sky Blue Pete

How many would be nervous about going into a ground once they open up again?

And was I the only one daydreaming about a hastily arranged, triumphant return to a full house Ricoh to watch the Championship title awarded... :)
So unlikely to happen it’s untrue. But always hope

Ring Of Steel

I don't trust the clickbait in the CET, does anyone have any actual facts around players' contracts expiring, or is that another question mark? Obviously I'm thinking Walsh etc, and also assuming that this season does finish.

Mcbean

I would think if the matches are played behind closed doors and you have bought an away ticket - you should get refunded - for season tickets I would be happy with a discount for next seasons ticket

no_loyalty

I would think if the matches are played behind closed doors and you have bought an away ticket - you should get refunded - for season tickets I would be happy with a discount for next seasons ticket

It would be perfect if we could negotiate a return to the Ricoh for next season, and all fans who purchased season tickets at St Andrews were given a very good discount on their season ticket renewal.

chiefdave

Bit more to it than that. Clubs are having a vote to either void the season (not going to happen due to potential for litigation), end the season now (would risk losing Europa and Champions League places as not approved by UEFA), or postponing games until things become clearer (this is the option the authorities are recommending clubs vote for).

The reason ending the season is potentially an option is because lower league clubs might vote for it in order to release prize money.

David O'Day

Bit more to it than that. Clubs are having a vote to either void the season (not going to happen due to potential for litigation), end the season now (would risk losing Europa and Champions League places as not approved by UEFA), or postponing games until things become clearer (this is the option the authorities are recommending clubs vote for).

The reason ending the season is potentially an option is because lower league clubs might vote for it in order to release prize money.
Yep, uefa threatening clubs who end their leagues is a big changer

Users who are viewing this thread