Coronavirus (CCFC Related) (5 Viewers)

MalcSB

Because its not fair., some teams have had harder games than others, some more at home etc.

Oh well, if Sunderland fans say its ok, it must be the way forward!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Given the number of games already played, hasn’t that pretty well evened out?

chiefdave

I don’t think any of our first 11 are out of contract but if this starts happening to other clubs I can’t see how the season continues
Think contracts are supposed to be standardised to end June 30 so we've probably got until the end of May before that becomes an issue. If you started on or before June 1 should just about get things done. You'd need a couple of weeks for the play offs which would run into July but I can't imagine many players refusing an extension of days / weeks so they could play in those, we had players whose loans had finished still play.

If we get to June with no sign of games being played then you'd have to start to question if next season will be starting.

Brighton Sky Blue

3 of them players have played nearly every game this season too. One of them is the captain!

I don’t think any of our first 11 are out of contract but if this starts happening to other clubs I can’t see how the season continues

It's happening because nobody's willing to stick their neck out and make a decision that ends the uncertainty one way or the other. Peterborough's chairman might be a dick sometimes but he was right when this all started

David O'Day

It's happening because nobody's willing to stick their neck out and make a decision that ends the uncertainty one way or the other. Peterborough's chairman might be a dick sometimes but he was right when this all started
Why make a decision when you don't know how things will end up.

We could of killed the season off a month ago but now teams are gearing up to resume training

Brighton Sky Blue

Why make a decision when you don't know how things will end up.

We could of killed the season off a month ago but now teams are gearing up to resume training

The biggest concern for clubs below the PL is a financial one and yet beyond the furlough scheme we just haven't seen those in charge of the game taking meaningful action to intervene on that side of things. The money is most definitely there

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
This is the key line, many football clubs are financial basket cases without something like this coming along.
Colchester's owner owned Jobserve so isn't short of a bob or two. They'll be a lot of owners with less cash to shore up their clubs.

Legia Sky Blue

Think contracts are supposed to be standardised to end June 30 so we've probably got until the end of May before that becomes an issue. If you started on or before June 1 should just about get things done. You'd need a couple of weeks for the play offs which would run into July but I can't imagine many players refusing an extension of days / weeks so they could play in those, we had players whose loans had finished still play.

If we get to June with no sign of games being played then you'd have to start to question if next season will be starting.

You are right that all contracts run as standard to the end of June, but loans however run only to the end of May to cover the prospects of play offs. As such there is a danger we could lose the services of McCallum, Walsh & O'Hare beyond that date, unless there is a common agreement to extend loans across the league after June 1st. Although our rivals also have influential loan players, it is feasible that they might see it as an opportunity to weaken us more, by not agreeing to loan extensions beyond May 31st. All clubs are looking at their own self interest, but we are kind of on our own, being out in the lead where other clubs would like to be, which in turn means we lack allies to unite behind an agenda that suits us. It is a worry that we will end up getting shafted.

chiefdave

oans however run only to the end of May to cover the prospects of play offs. As such there is a danger we could lose the services of McCallum, Walsh & O'Hare beyond that date, unless there is a common agreement to extend loans across the league after June 1st.
League rules mean even if a loan ends they can't play for the parent club:
Rule 53.1.4: “A player whose standard loan expires (or terminates) at the end of the season of the transferee club but prior to the completion of the league matches of his parent club (where it is a member club) will not be eligible to play in any remaining league matches in that season.”

That means they'd have to take players back, and pay their wages, for them to be sat around doing nothing. We've got nobody loaned from L1 anyway so not letting them play isn't going to have any impact on the parent team.

And imagine having that conversation with the player. Top of the league, hopefully winning the league and getting promoted, for some players that will be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Can't see any player being happy with that.

Legia Sky Blue

Rule 53.1.4: “A player whose standard loan expires (or terminates) at the end of the season of the transferee club but prior to the completion of the league matches of his parent club (where it is a member club) will not be eligible to play in any remaining league matches in that season.”

That means they'd have to take players back, and pay their wages, for them to be sat around doing nothing. We've got nobody loaned from L1 anyway so not letting them play isn't going to have any impact on the parent team.

And imagine having that conversation with the player. Top of the league, hopefully winning the league and getting promoted, for some players that will be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Can't see any player being happy with that.

I didn't mean it the way you are interpreting. I'm sure all the players and the teams they play for would be happy to extend the loans with us, but will our League 1 rivals? To extend loans beyond their contract would have to be something agreed by the majority, and most of our rivals will not have loans as effective as ours, so might not be as agreeable to the idea. Oxford, Rotherham and Peterborough all have important loan players, but not too sure about the rest.

Grendel

On another thread you’ve said relatives of NHS staff who’ve seen their loved ones die could sue - Would a footballers family be able to if football was restarted without social distancing being observed?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

On another thread you’ve said relatives of NHS staff who’ve seen their loved ones die could sue - Would a footballers family be able to if football was restarted without social distancing being observed?

I guess it depends on if the medical advice for 'normal people' is different, which it likely will be given any games would likely be BCD. If it is maybe. If there is a major problem of the virus sweeping through after resumption class action is possible saying the decision was wrong and unnecessarily put players at risk. If the player doesn't want to risk the close contact but feels pressured into it the club could be liable too - difficult to prove if no texts/voicemail etc stating it but difficult to disprove as well as what they say to the club etc may be completely different to what they tell loved ones.

Sounds more like something that'd happen in the US but could well be tried here if it happened (hopefully it won't).

Grendel

I guess it depends on if the medical advice for 'normal people' is different, which it likely will be given any games would likely be BCD. If it is maybe. If there is a major problem of the virus sweeping through after resumption class action is possible saying the decision was wrong and unnecessarily put players at risk. If the player doesn't want to risk the close contact but feels pressured into it the club could be liable too - difficult to prove if no texts/voicemail etc stating it but difficult to disprove as well as what they say to the club etc may be completely different to what they tell loved ones.

Sounds more like something that'd happen in the US but could well be tried here if it happened (hopefully it won't).

It was discussed tonight on Five Live sort of in that regard in which as ever Chris Sutton was excellent and intelligent and Ian Wright and the dumb presenter were not

chiefdave

Wasn't aware of footballers were requesting PPE in order for games to go ahead but yes, absolutely, they should be able to sue if they are forced to play in unsafe conditions. Or the better option would be for the PFA to step in and say nobody will play if the FA and EFL put forward something that isn't safe.

Not sure how you've leapt from me posting that if and when games resume loan players are likely to remain at their current loan club to me thinking players lives should be endangered to get fixtures completed.

Grendel

Wasn't aware of footballers were requesting PPE in order for games to go ahead but yes, absolutely, they should be able to sue if they are forced to play in unsafe conditions. Or the better option would be for the PFA to step in and say nobody will play if the FA and EFL put forward something that isn't safe.

Not sure how you've leapt from me posting that if and when games resume loan players are likely to remain at their current loan club to me thinking players lives should be endangered to get fixtures completed.

So if social distancing remains in place for a year then it’s no football for a year isn’t it?

chiefdave

So if social distancing remains in place for a year then it’s no football for a year isn’t it?
I've got no idea when football will restart, wasn't aware I'd suggested I had. But when it does I would assume the rules still apply.

Does it even need social distancing to end? You're currently allowed to travel to a place of work and HSE say distancing should be maintained where possible. Where possible being the key phrase in that sentence. Plenty of people who are still working are complaining they can't maintain a safe distance from co-workers but there's no sign of stricter restrictions.

Esoterica

We're allowed to have training sessions again this week out here. No masks required for sport but non-contact for now though to maintain our distance. Fitness and ballwork drills that don't require close proximity. Full training from May 11th, matches from May 25th. Read today that Rishi Sunak is keeping a close eye on our 5 step plan of re-opening the country.

Sky Blue Pete

We're allowed to have training sessions again this week out here. No masks required for sport but non-contact for now though to maintain our distance. Fitness and ballwork drills that don't require close proximity. Full training from May 11th, matches from May 25th. Read today that Rishi Sunak is keeping a close eye on our 5 step plan of re-opening the country.
You back to playing?

SlowerThanPlatt

End of the football season. The government will announce in the next few hours the end of Ligue 1 and Ligue 2. No more football until August. The GA of the LFP will meet in May to decide on the rankings of this season and the climbs and descents. #RMCsport

Grendel

good news that they're still having promotions and relegation. can't see any system that could be used here that wouldn't see us promoted if they went down that route.

If the PL doesn’t finish then all leagues will be voided

steve cooper

We may have a better idea by the end of this week. The Premier League are meeting with the government on Friday, with the emphasis on getting the season finished. If they have definite plans outlined to complete, then I imagine the EFL will be in a position to decide what they are going to do. UEFA has set a deadline of 25th May for restart proposals

Nick

Administrator

Again, the people's hero speaks.

Can't believe some are hanging off his every word just because he shouts over people. It's like when people were loving the Trust just because they were shouting about SISU.

chiefdave

Again, the people's hero speaks.

Can't believe some are hanging off his every word just because he shouts over people. It's like when people were loving the Trust just because they were shouting about SISU.

Is he also calling for other non-essential businesses to close or is it just football clubs?

Nick

Administrator
Is he also calling for other non-essential businesses to close or is it just football clubs?

He is demanding the season should be cancelled and voided, he has from the start. Nothing to do with the team he "supports" having a rubbish season.

Why does the football season being paused mean people will die like he tries to make out? Because's he's a slimey c**t who just pushes agendas but as it is Government Baddies shout shout shout, people are loving it.

Users who are viewing this thread