Coleman (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Mark Robin wasn't too bad either. At the time the fans were delighted with the appointment of Coleman as well. They turned their noses up at the possibility of Nigel Pearson getting the job.

Also of course the experts were laughing at another cheap option and useless twat who was once considered - Steve Cotterrill

skybluetony176

Also of course the experts were laughing at another cheap option and useless twat who was once considered - Steve Cotterrill

Hasn't Cotterrill gone on the record as saying that he was never approached by the club about the vacant manager's job?

Grendel

Hasn't Cotterrill gone on the record as saying that he was never approached by the club about the vacant manager's job?

No not to my knowledge - not that that addresses the point - nothing new there.

letsallsingtogether

Haven't you got something better to do like blowing a wistle and embarrassing yourself by threatening innocent people?

Firstly it is whistle and secondly when have I ever threatened anyone more lies to try and defend your delusion (Sick) mind.

Grendel

You didn't have one then. Thought not. Just another cheap dig at the fans. I've met Sunderland fans who like Coventry fans more than you.

Dig at the fans?

I was in a tiny minority on here am when thorn was appointed - I was 100% correct - he was total rubbish.

When Cotterill looked set to be appointed this was cited as an example of the owners incompetence as he was dour, crap, shit.

You have stated Mowbray is damaged goods and would only be employed at best by a league one club.

Now you are in the minority I was with thorn. I think Mowbray is not a nobody as you have stated.

Again lets give it time, let's see whose knowledge is the greater.

Nick

Administrator
You didn't have one then. Thought not. Just another cheap dig at the fans. I've met Sunderland fans who like Coventry fans more than you.
Just a shame you weren't about to defend those fans who got abuse for watching their team play :(

It's ironic when people go on about coventry fans and people saying anything against them, especially when some were stood on a hill holding a sign saying others weren't true city fans for watching their team. Yet you can't say people aren't fans if they never go to watch....

letsallsingtogether

Dig at the fans?

I was in a tiny minority on here am when thorn was appointed - I was 100% correct - he was total rubbish.

When Cotterill looked set to be appointed this was cited as an example of the owners incompetence as he was dour, crap, shit.

You have stated Mowbray is damaged goods and would only be employed at best by a league one club.

Now you are in the minority I was with thorn. I think Mowbray is not a nobody as you have stated.

No they are opinions I for one hate slagging off any manager fuck me, it's not as easy as some people on here make out.

So you buy a great player who turns out to be crap in your team, then you buy that cheap kid no one has heard of and he becomes your star....
No different then any other job I have took on some real gormless people who on paper looked the right person then there's the gormless looking one who was great.

Surely as a manager you have come across this?

Grendel

No they are opinions I for one hate slagging off any manager fuck me, it's not as easy as some people on here make out.

So you buy a great player who turns out to be crap in your team, then you buy that cheap kid no one has heard of and he becomes your star....
No different then any other job I have took on some real gormless people who on paper looked the right person then there's the gormless looking one who was great.

Surely as a manager you have come across this?

I have no sympathy for someone who is employed - fails to deliver - is paid up his contract and gets a job the next day.

Coleman was a prima Donna in an Armani suit who was appalling,

Thorn is an example of someone if they had any integrity or insight into themselves would never had took the job.

Adams failed. Dowie was a short term success but was in rapid decline and also I discover knew the Armani man was coming. Boothroyd was a stupid appointment.

I have zero sympathy in the world they operate where incompetence often means greater financial reward.

letsallsingtogether

Just a shame you weren't about to defend those fans who got abuse for watching their team play :(

It's ironic when people go on about coventry fans and people saying anything against them, especially when some were stood on a hill holding a sign saying others weren't true city fans for watching their team. Yet you can't say people aren't fans if they never go to watch....
Absolute bollocks so those on the hill were never abused or as usual do you turn a blind eye to that to try and win an argument.
so the fans were abused going into shitfields how many times?
How many were verbally threatened?
How many were physically attacked?

One one occasion that I know of were fans heard abuse at by some one on the hill.
That was done by a drunken group who had only ever made one apperance.

So I suppose those on the bill were not City fans then for protesting against what they thought was wrong.

skybluetony176

Dig at the fans?

For the record, I didn't want him either. But I don't chose to use his appointment to take a cheap dig at fans who thought he was the right man for the job. If you're going to have a dig at anyone have a dig at the outfit who gave him the job in the first place. Problem is that clearly would go against the grain for you.

How could Cotterill look set for a job he was never offered?

I never said Mowbray was damaged goods, a nobody or anything like it. Clearly you've passed the brain cell back to Sickboy now.

Grendel

For the record, I didn't want him either. But I don't chose to use his appointment to take a cheap dig at fans who thought he was the right man for the job. If you're going to have a dig at anyone have a dig at the outfit who gave him the job in the first place. Problem is that clearly would go against the grain for you.

I never said Mowbray was damaged goods, a nobody or anything like it. Clearly you've passed the brain cell back to Sickboy now.

Can you provide a link regarding Cotterills statement Tony.

When are we talking regarding his appointment?

Anyway link please Tony

Oh and you said only a nobody would work for sisu Tony.

letsallsingtogether

Ah but you went on the hill so you are not a real supporter just a foul mouthed hooligan.;)

skybluetony176

I didn't defend those going to Sixfields because I thought they were wrong. However, what I am capable of doing (if you allow me) is moving on. I hold no malice to those that attended, just those that took us their. I'm not endlessly posting nonsense about them like those on here who think that the fans are to blame for Andy Thorns appointment for example. If I used their example I would be blaming the fans for the Sixfields debacle, I don't. I blame SISU, because I recognise that they are responsible for the decision making. According to some on here anything good that happens at the club is down to SISU and anything bad is down to what I see as outside influences whether that be the fans, long since unconnected to the club personnel, local authorities, charities, Rugby clubs blah blah blah.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Can you provide a link regarding Cotterills statement Tony.

When are we talking regarding his appointment?

Anyway link please Tony

Oh and you said only a nobody would work for sisu Tony.

No and I can't be arsed to look. It's just how I remember it. If you have a link that confirms he was offered the position please put it up.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I didn't defend those going to Sixfields because I thought they were wrong. However, what I am capable of doing (if you allow me) is moving on. I hold no malice to those that attended, just those that took us their. I'm not endlessly posting nonsense about them like those on here who think that the fans are to blame for Andy Thorns appointment for example. If I used their example I would be blaming the fans for the Sixfields debacle, I don't. I blame SISU, because I recognise that they are responsible for the decision making. According to some on here anything that good happens at the club is down to SISU and anything bad is down to what I see as outside influences whether that be the fans, long since unconnected to the club personnel, local authorities, charities, Rugby clubs blah blah blah.
What you mean is then that you can have a go at other fans but only if you agree right?

Nick

Administrator
Absolute bollocks so those on the hill were never abused or as usual do you turn a blind eye to that to try and win an argument.
so the fans were abused going into shitfields how many times?
How many were verbally threatened?
How many were physically attacked?

One one occasion that I know of were fans heard abuse at by some one on the hill.
That was done by a drunken group who had only ever made one apperance.

So I suppose those on the bill were not City fans then for protesting against what they thought was wrong.

Where did I say it was people on the hill doing all the abusing? Was there not a flag telling people they weren't fans? Where did I.say it was when they were going into the ground?

skybluetony176

What you mean is then that you can have a go at other fans but only if you agree right?

No that's not what I mean or even remotely close to what I said. Try reading it again Nick. I'm clearly saying I'm capable of moving on unlike the idiots who are intent on blaming the fans for the appointment of Andy Thorn, which they aren't.

Tonylinc

Look,those that attended the games at Sixfields did so in the believe that they were simply "supporting ", their team. Others took the view that they were supporting the owners and occupied the hill. I did neither preferring to listen on SBP, kicking every ball and making every tackle. The point which I am trying to make is that it is now history and can we all just please move on.

skybluetony176

Where did I say it was people on the hill doing all the abusing? Was there not a flag telling people they weren't fans? Where did I.say it was when they were going into the ground?

There's posters on here who are constantly defining who qualifies as a fan. Were you sticking up for the ones who only jump on for the big games like Crewe in the cup, the Gillingham game etc? I was when others were calling our fan base fickle etc.

Tonylinc

There's posters on here who are constantly defining who qualifies as a fan. Were you sticking up for the ones who only jump on for the big games like Crewe in the cup, the Gillingham game etc? I was when others were calling our fan base fickle etc.
I don't think that our fan base is "fickle", more that it is "selective". Whenever I am not able to attend a game I am on the Wall and it is always the most supported site in the country. The fans are therefore there all they need is a reason to actually attend.

SkyBlue_Bear83

After Coleman was sacked it was widely reported that Cotterill was one of the main contenders and had been in talks with the club.

BBC reported he turned the job down http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/notts_county/8689652.stm
Notts County manager Steve Cotterill has turned down the chance to take over as boss of Championship side Coventry City, reports BBC Radio Nottingham.

Ranson denied he was offered the job after Boothroyd was appointed, how truthful that is, is up to you. Its the old the one we signed was always my number one target speech which came out when we signed Mcdonald after missing out on Le Fondre. http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...y-ranson-disappointed-steve-cotterill-3063730

It seems pretty conclusive he was at least interviewed for the job.

Nick

Administrator
No that's not what I mean or even remotely close to what I said. Try reading it again Nick. I'm clearly saying I'm capable of moving on unlike the idiots who are intent on blaming the fans for the appointment of Andy Thorn, which they aren't.

No what you are saying is we are moving on now so let's ignore this because I agree but you can't say anything bad now.

Interesting How it's move on and it's the past until it backs up an argument or point.

Nick

Administrator
I have stuck up for people like italia in the past where I've said I.disagree with most of their points but you can't ever fault them as they are there week in week out supporting the team

Users who are viewing this thread