Coleman (2 Viewers)

Grendel

I can't stand that c**t. Don't blame SISU for pulling the plug on him. If only they'd got rid of that crank Ranson and Coleman earlier.

Dead right. Even worse was that Coleman bought thorn and Keane with him which definitely has helped in our demise.

I can't believe some in here still think that Ranson was some visionary whose plan was working - it was the road to relegation and financial meltdown.

Bob Latchford

I recall one particular game at the Ricoh, after driving 160 miles to get there , thinking through the 2nd half , please let this game end . couldn't wait to get back on the motorway for the 160 mile trip back. the football under him near the end was total crap. Very similar style of [Pressley] in the end too. one of the worst managers in ccfc's history [IMHO] Doesn't help that [IMHO] he's in love with himself, arrogant , a terrible family man , play boy ,piss head, shit manager for CCFC Allegedly.

covboy9

coleman proper c**t and fucking useless, also a dodgy bloke who i wudnt trust as far as i could throw him. fat c**t

SkyblueBazza

Does any of it really matter?
1. He is history as far as CCFC are concerned
2. Just another in a line of bitter ex-CCFC personnel

...onwards & upwards PUSB

oucho

Grendel dishing out the abuse as usual to the sisu appointees instead of those signing the cheques, classic 'look over there' tactics to distraction attention from the real culprits behind our sad demise.

Meanwhile, anyone got an anecdote to back up the 'ladies man, boozer' label that gets slapped on CC?

bringbackrattles

Coleman had one good season at Fulham and has lived off that ever since. Football seems to like a certain few managers as they always seem to get jobs,even when you think how the hell did they get that ? And Coleman is in that lucky group. Can't stand him to be honest and he was crap with us and I recall him being on the telly as an "expert" analyst at a match not long after leaving the club.He was saying how one of the teams should be set up in defence etc and giving it this and that and I was shouting at the screen, why the fuck didn't you do that then when you were here you prat !

Bob Latchford

Coleman had one good season at Fulham and has lived off that ever since. Football seems to like a certain few managers as they always seem to get jobs,even when you think how the hell did they get that ? And Coleman is in that lucky group. Can't stand him to be honest and he was crap with us and I recall him being on the telly as an "expert" analyst at a match not long after leaving the club.He was saying how one of the teams should be set up in defence etc and giving it this and that and I was shouting at the screen, why the fuck didn't you do that then when you were here you prat !

Easy fella .

SkyBlue_Bear83

Grendel dishing out the abuse as usual to the sisu appointees instead of those signing the cheques, classic 'look over there' tactics to distraction attention from the real culprits behind our sad demise.

Meanwhile, anyone got an anecdote to back up the 'ladies man, boozer' label that gets slapped on CC?
I'm pretty sure he criticised Ranson several times who was the person who signed him and making the decisions at the time, strangely some people think Ranson done a good job when he was here.

Nick

Administrator

Didn't they sign a few big cheques for Coleman?

Bob Latchford

Bob Latchford

Grendel

Well you must agree with sisu and their choice of management.

After all you said you'd want Coleman back and Andy Thorn as Director of Football.

SkyBlueMatt

I suppose you only really see what you had when its gone. When I look back on the players we had when we continued to hire journeyman managers, it was such a waste. Without doubt they had the quality to make it into the top 6 at least. I am very anti-SISU but we have had some very good players (who I know were ultimately sold off prematurely). The squad was there only for the merry go round of bang average managers to do nothing with them!

IF ONLY ERIC BLACK HAD STAYED!!!!!!!!!!!

Chipfat

Has anyone actually met Chris Coleman on here for more than in passing moment!!!,, truthfully now,, are we talking about his ability as a manager, bed and bar days or his remark about his tenure at the club..The easiest way to misdirect and deflect from talking about the headline is to discredit the individual who makes the statement, so what you don't like him,, what he says has some legitimacy.. ..

Or are we preferring to talk shit about him because some don't want to talk about the fact he is not the first to mention not being backed or given reassurances.. I mean the new god had more that a few discussion's with the powers that be before committing to a deal,, not a confidence, TM knew the past and even remarked about how poorly the club was run from the top!!!!

But i guess,, shit manager,, piss head ,, AT, RR and everyman and the habits will be mentioned before fans see a pattern in how we are ran..I don't really rate him as a manager,, but i can't say its a shock that he has the feeling towards our owners.. He has moved on and is doing well,, fair play to him,, took his chance and will more than likely going to a major tournament for the first time...

Grendel

Has anyone actually met Chris Coleman on here for more than in passing moment!!!,, truthfully now,, are we talking about his ability as a manager, bed and bar days or his remark about his tenure at the club..The easiest way to misdirect and deflect from talking about the headline is to discredit the individual who makes the statement, so what you don't like him,, what he says has some legitimacy.. ..

Or are we preferring to talk shit about him because some don't want to talk about the fact he is not the first to mention not being backed or given reassurances.. I mean the new god had more that a few discussion's with the powers that be before committing to a deal,, not a confidence, TM knew the past and even remarked about how poorly the club was run from the top!!!!

But i guess,, shit manager,, piss head ,, AT, RR and everyman and the habits will be mentioned before fans see a pattern in how we are ran..I don't really rate him as a manager,, but i can't say its a shock that he has the feeling towards our owners.. He has moved on and is doing well,, fair play to him,, took his chance and will more than likely going to a major tournament for the first time...

Sisu investing reasonable money in the first year of ownership.

The big mistake was appointing a useless idiot as chairman and a hopeless show pony as manager that most observers would agree was a disaster.

Spit your bilge all you like but no one wanted Coleman after his departure here. He was an incompetent disaster and the real crime Sisu were guilty of is negligence in allowing the available funds to be used in such a wasteful and profligate manner. Spending a huge sum including wages on a washed up forward that was not allowed on loan the season before as it would expose the truth shows how stupid and irresponsible the idiot was,

Chipfat

Sisu investing reasonable money in the first year of ownership.

The big mistake was appointing a useless idiot as chairman and a hopeless show pony as manager that most observers would agree was a disaster.

Spit your bilge all you like but no one wanted Coleman after his departure here. He was an incompetent disaster and the real crime Sisu were guilty of is negligence in allowing the available funds to be used in such a wasteful and profligate manner. Spending a huge sum including wages on a washed up forward that was not allowed on loan the season before as it would expose the truth shows how stupid and irresponsible the idiot was,

I know it would be you chattin on,, i never said he was great,, never even said i rated him,, said if the post is about him as a person then surely knowing him would help before passing comment. As for his management i would agree with you,, my problem and difference of opinion is Sisu have made so many bad errors regarding contracts its not hard or shocking to hear ex managers talk about the clubs structure...

But my bilge as you call it is not answered by you,, bad manager ,, bad man, he might well be, but is he on his own in commenting about the way the club has been ran so poorly....Even you must not of been deaf to TM comments,, as pro sisu as you are you must see a pattern..

Last edited:

phildownunder

My recollection is that when Coleman was sacked, another manager who was living locally at the time put his hand up for the job and was knocked back. That was Tony Mowbray.

Mr pot

Can't wait for the euros. Hopefully two teams to support now being half Welsh. Twice as many games to watch

Covstu

I had nothing against Coleman, seemed a nice bloke but actually his management ability was inept, his signings very questionable so he had to go. As for Wales, fair play to them but he does have the luxury of a decent English grown squad and let's face it without bale they are screwed like Spurs have been

eastwoodsdustman

I hated the football he had us playing somuch that I waited to renew my season ticket until he'd gone. Renewed it the day they announced his sacking.

SkyBlueScottie

I disagree, a lot of people credit Kit Symons with doing the good work at Wales, continuing with the plan Speed set in place. Since he has left they have secured a couple of results but the performances have not been great.

Users who are viewing this thread