Coleman (1 Viewer)

Bill Glazier

"I could tell you a story about Coventry and how they let me down financially, not me personally but investing in players like we agreed...." Guardian interview today.

Well I'd like to hear it.

Kingokings204

"I could tell you a story about Coventry and how they let me down financially, not me personally but investing in players like we agreed...." Guardian interview today.

Well I'd like to hear it.

He has basically said it. He has told you. He was promised money for players and the money as we all know stopped. Nothing new here.

Nick

Administrator
Didn't he pay over a million quid for Eastwood and 500k for David Bell?

Dread to think what he wanted that was rejected if they got through.

skybluepm2

Could but won't, in case he opens up a can of worms about how appallingly he managed a squad that was more than capable of winning the league.

SkyBlue_Bear83

No doubt he will tell you how he had Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson lined up for permanent deals before SISU let him down.

skybluesam66

this will be the story that Ranson sold to us all - investment to get us to the promised land, which very quickly dried up
That said - when you invest in players such as eastwood, and you perform so badly with the players that you did have at your disposal

westwood/fox/dann/turner/gunnarson/Henderson/best etc - who have all played in the premier league since, you shouldn't be struggling to avoid relegation

Nick

Administrator
Maybe he is used to playing Football Manager with unlimited money cheats to be able to win things?

pusbccfc

We had a great side back then and Coleman to be fair brought us the most success we have had in the last 15 years by getting us to the quarter finals of the FA Cup.

However, the cup run was a peace of piss!

hill83

Whether what he's saying (or not saying) is true or not, and it more than likely is true. He was shit.

covcity4life

i heard he was an alocoholic. coming to training hungover,then getting on the booze after training

SHOULD MAKE IT CLEAR THIS IS JUST WHAT IVE HEARD FROM SOMEONE WHO USED TO WORK FOR CLUB,COULD BE BOLLOCKS

Monners

Always chasing women apparently and his ex wife and kids are in a council flat - what a class individual.

He was a poor manager too (get it back on football)

eastwoodsdustman

i heard he was an alocoholic. coming to training hungover,then getting on the booze after training

SHOULD MAKE IT CLEAR THIS IS JUST WHAT IVE HEARD FROM SOMEONE WHO USED TO WORK FOR CLUB,COULD BE BOLLOCKS

I'd heard that somewhere too. He's a crap manager who had a decent(on paper anyhow) team playing crap football. The only time I ever wavered in renewing my season ticket was when this pissed up plank was in charge. Hated it and despise him. He's giving it large now that he has fluked his way up the world rankings on the back of a once in a generation player for Wales. Wanker of the highest order.

Bugsy

We on about andy thorn or coleman lol

ajsccfc

Carry On Coleman, didn't his wife have to sneak a tracker into his car because he had women on the go all the time?

eastwoodsdustman

Lets not forget this spineless piece of spunks all conquering squad fluked staying up on the last day vs charlton by fighting their way to a 4-1 defeat. Inspiring management no doubt.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Real Sociedad are investigating coach Chris Coleman's late arrival at a press conference, amid reports that he was seen at a local nightclub in the early hours of last Friday morning.

Coleman claimed a faulty washing machine had been the reason for arriving 90 minutes late on Friday only to be forced into a statement on the club's website in which he admitted that it had been an "excuse" after being out the night before until the early hours. "I was in the wrong place at the wrong time," said the former Fulham manager, who has taken the second division club to four wins out of 12.

Real Sociedad's sporting director, Salva Iriarte, said the mid-table Basque club had now opened a disciplinary investigation. "We are all human and we all make mistakes," he said. "[Coleman] has said he is sorry and explained himself to me. As far as I am concerned the matter is closed."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/nov/13/newsstory.realsociedad

torchomatic

I'd like to hear how Coleman failed despite having a pretty decent squad.

Kingokings204

Wasn't thorn into his drink? Why do we get the pissheads? Thorn was always seen having a few here there and everywhere. Nice bloke mind you.

Hobo

It's all history we can't change the past

RFC

Didn't he pay over a million quid for Eastwood and 500k for David Bell?

Dread to think what he wanted that was rejected if they got through.

In hindsight probably a good decision judging by some of the fees and quality of the players he did bring in!

covcity4life

I'd heard that somewhere too. He's a crap manager who had a decent(on paper anyhow) team playing crap football. The only time I ever wavered in renewing my season ticket was when this pissed up plank was in charge. Hated it and despise him. He's giving it large now that he has fluked his way up the world rankings on the back of a once in a generation player for Wales. Wanker of the highest order.

the late gary speed laid ther groundwork lets not forget either

fernandopartridge

I can't stand that c**t. Don't blame SISU for pulling the plug on him. If only they'd got rid of that crank Ranson and Coleman earlier.

hill83

I heard he's made of rice pudding and has barbecues on Mars but only on Wednesday or a Thursday if the champions league is on.

NorthernWisdom

I can't stand that c**t. Don't blame SISU for pulling the plug on him. If only they'd got rid of that crank Ranson and Coleman earlier.

In both of their defence, there was a hot rumour that after the first full season they both quit, but were persuaded not to by SISU.

It would tally as well. First season we were reasonably well funded and pretty clear we underachieved. Second season... we went a bit bargain basement. Ironically I don't think Coleman did too bad a job at all with us from that point on until his sacking.

vow

By the end of Coleman's tenure the football was pretty dire, more of a "Lets not lose" rather than "Lets fookin win!"

covcity4life

is doing well with wales nontheless. national jon probably suits him, only needs to stay sober for 4 days every 5 months

fernandopartridge

In both of their defence, there was a hot rumour that after the first full season they both quit, but were persuaded not to by SISU.

It would tally as well. First season we were reasonably well funded and pretty clear we underachieved. Second season... we went a bit bargain basement. Ironically I don't think Coleman did too bad a job at all with us from that point on until his sacking.

Second season he spent his money. Eastwood, Bell, Gunnarsson, Morrison, Wood, Westwood, Stephen Wright etc. He had to curtail the spending the following year. Wasn't much difference in any of the 3 seasons, no real progress.

M&B Stand

is doing well with wales nontheless. national jon probably suits him, only needs to stay sober for 4 days every 5 months

They're doing well despite him not because of.
He'll owe Gareth Bale a huge favour after the euros.
Ramsey, Allen & Williaims have also done their bit.

Users who are viewing this thread