Coleman (2 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

say what you want he's proved himself with wales

Thanks to the best player Wales has ever had, most of these qualifying teams are barely championship standard. It's like putting Messi in the championship and then giving the manager credit when they win.

Hobo

Isn't it a bit different to being a club manager though and striking lucky with a couple of good players?

No it is harder, you are not with the players everyday. Your systems are often different to the ones they normally play, parent clubs don't always cooperate. The general standard is higher...especially for a small country like Wales.

Nick

Administrator
He was interviewed on Late Kick Off a couple of years ago. Basically said he was promised money to spend in every transfer window and was then told there was no cash.

Sounds like a bloke cancelling his wife's credit card when she has been out spending thousands on crap!

Grendel

No it is harder, you are not with the players everyday. Your systems are often different to the ones they normally play, parent clubs don't always cooperate. The general standard is higher...especially for a small country like Wales.

Not really. Two teams in each group qualify and for some reason Wales were put in a group other than Belgium of poor teams.

The Scotland group is much harder.

In fact another ex Coventry player who has had no real management experiencing may guide his team into the finals as well.

The bloating up of the euro finals has made the qualifying a joke.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Sounds like a bloke cancelling his wife's credit card when she has been out spending thousands on crap!

Reminds me of when my wife had her credit card stolen a couple of years ago. Didn't report it as whoever stole it was spending less than the wife did ;)

stupot07

I can accept that, but In some ways being an international manner is easier, in fact more so for a smaller nation like Wales. Players see it as a break from club football, as you only meet up once every couple of months you don't tend to get stuck in a rut of losing and having the crowd pressure on your back, you have a bigger squad to pick from, as you don't see player regularly there's is the issue of formations and tactics but on the flipside ideas are fresh, it gives more time to scout players and draw up your tactics between games, you probably need less man management skills as you're not dealing with the day to day peaks and troughs. I think overall neither it easier just that some are more suited to international management and some to club management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

H

Huckerby

I know it would be you chattin on,, i never said he was great,, never even said i rated him,, said if the post is about him as a person then surely knowing him would help before passing comment. As for his management i would agree with you,, my problem and difference of opinion is Sisu have made so many bad errors regarding contracts its not hard or shocking to hear ex managers talk about the clubs structure...

But my bilge as you call it is not answered by you,, bad manager ,, bad man, he might well be, but is he on his own in commenting about the way the club has been ran so poorly....Even you must not of been deaf to TM comments,, as pro sisu as you are you must see a pattern..
What's with the double commas. Don't get it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

He was interviewed on Late Kick Off a couple of years ago. Basically said he was promised money to spend in every transfer window and was then told there was no cash.

Never not by our Glorious owners...

Funny how the same Posters attack anyone who dares to even suggest our owners have not followed up on their promises.

Grendel

Never not by our Glorious owners...

Funny how the same Posters attack anyone who dares to even suggest our owners have not followed up on their promises.

Not really. Peter Reid gave a fascinating interview once on Five Live about his time at Coventry.

He agreed to come on the basis he was allowed some funds and also that one player - Davenport was not sold.

The funds never happened and then one day Reid spoke to mcginnity about rumours that Davenport was attracting interest by some clubs. The response was that he had already been sold to Spurs.

I had more sympathy with Reid than Coleman. For Coleman and Ranson Sisu was a dream. They took no interest in the first 2 years and allowed these two jokers to play football manager and bugger up big time.

Any normal owners would have shown the two clowns the exit door after the shambles at Charlton.

SlowerThanPlatt

Not really. Peter Reid gave a fascinating interview once on Five Live about his time at Coventry.

He agreed to come on the basis he was allowed some funds and also that one player - Davenport was not sold.

The funds never happened and then one day Reid spoke to mcginnity about rumours that Davenport was attracting interest by some clubs. The response was that he had already been sold to Spurs.

I had more sympathy with Reid than Coleman. For Coleman and Ranson Sisu was a dream. They took no interest in the first 2 years and allowed these two jokers to play football manager and bugger up big time.

Any normal owners would have shown the two clowns the exit door after the shambles at Charlton.

Here:

'We were sixth or seventh at the turn of the year and Callum Davenport's contract was running out at the end of the season,' he said. 'The club - for reasons I now understand - didn't want to wait for the money as it would have gone to tribunal at the end of the season.

'So, I agreed to sell Davenport on the proviso that I had the money to reinvest. So, on that basis, I started looking about.

'I brought Stern John in and had Stephen Hunt over on trial from Ireland.

'What's more, Niall Quinn had tipped me off about Kevin Doyle. I was certain that if I could have got to the lad, I'd have signed him as well.

'What happened? We couldn't afford Hunt's £1,500-a-week wages. When I saw what was going on, I didn't follow up my interest in Doyle. Mackay went to West Ham.

'I asked the chairman: (Mike McGinnity) "Where's the money gone?"

'He looked at me and said: "Sorry Peter, the bank's taken it."'

Grendel

Here:

'We were sixth or seventh at the turn of the year and Callum Davenport's contract was running out at the end of the season,' he said. 'The club - for reasons I now understand - didn't want to wait for the money as it would have gone to tribunal at the end of the season.

'So, I agreed to sell Davenport on the proviso that I had the money to reinvest. So, on that basis, I started looking about.

'I brought Stern John in and had Stephen Hunt over on trial from Ireland.

'What's more, Niall Quinn had tipped me off about Kevin Doyle. I was certain that if I could have got to the lad, I'd have signed him as well.

'What happened? We couldn't afford Hunt's £1,500-a-week wages. When I saw what was going on, I didn't follow up my interest in Doyle. Mackay went to West Ham.

'I asked the chairman: (Mike McGinnity) "Where's the money gone?"

'He looked at me and said: "Sorry Peter, the bank's taken it."'

£1,500 a week. Excellent. I tuned in half way through the interview. I wish it was available.

It shows what a prick mcginnity was.

letsallsingtogether

I sometimes wonder if we all read the same version of this website.

Who are these people that actually defend SISU on this forum?

#PUSB

The ones who find fault in everyone else.
Funny how all our managers were shit how they were all promised things that never materialised but hey it is all down to them.
People slagging off managers for buying players they wanted.

Every week in the Phone in callers were asking for the likes of Freddie Eastwood to be brought then when he was a flop posters on here say well he was a shit manager for buying him......

Come on open your eyes read between the lines not very hard.

How many managers at this club were promised things they never got, how about us fans where are all the things we were promised??????
PUSB

SkyBlue_Bear83

Funny how all our managers were shit how they were all promised things that never materialised but hey it is all down to them.

Every week in the Phone in callers were asking for the likes of Freddie Eastwood to be brought then when he was a flop posters on here say well he was a shit manager for buying him......

How many managers at this club were promised things they never got, how about us fans where are all the things we were promised??????
PUSB

All managers will have problems when managing Coventry City, the best managers will find solutions and succeed in spite of the problems. The shit managers who can't find the solution will blame the problem rather than admit they aren't good enough to solve it.

And your point about Eastwood, well that just goes to show the majority of city fans know nothing about football.

Fergusons_Beard

PUSB

Pretty much sums up Coventry City for the 45 years I've supported them.

Not just the buying side either.

We've always sold our best too.

My point?Ain't just SISU that has let us down in the past.

Also in the blame game a shit manager would never admit that they just weren't good enough for the job. Easy to blame board & not having enough funds.

As for Coleman-shit manager for City-Dowie a million times better. He's just fell lucky with this once in a generation Welsh squad (not just Bale but he helps!).

In went in off Ferguson's beard....

Nick

Administrator

PUSB
Yet there are people where all fault always lies with sisu?

Did Coleman perform well enough with the budget and squad he had? I guess thorn was a great manager too and it was all sisu right?

People were demanding thorn be manager too weren't they?

Are you saying it's only sisu with faults from all.off this and not managers etc?

Sick Boy

For some reason many of those who complain most about sisu are ranson's biggest fans. Idiots.

Sick Boy

And your point about Eastwood, well that just goes to show the majority of city fans know nothing about football.

Never a truer word spoken. The majority would have been baying for blood if Thorn hadn't been appointmented manager.

Yet they didn't seem to back sisu for listening to them and getting their man. They should have been calling for a statue for KD outside of the ground. After all, he agreed with their expert analysis.

BornSlippySkyBlue

The ones who find fault in everyone else...

...Come on open your eyes read between the lines not very hard.

Well, people that find fault in everyone aren't sticking up for anyone are they? Let alone SISU.

And we can all 'read between the lines' and get the totally wrong end of the stick.

Again I say who are these SISU apologists that people always talk about? I can't think of one really (well, apart from RFC maybe but he's a WUM).

Just because somebody doesn't share your POV does not make them an employee of Joy Seppala. It seems to me the one thing we are united on as a fan base, is a desire to be rid of our current owners. Some of us would rather know who comes in to replace them before saying it's the best thing for the club however.

But that's just common sense, no?

Anyway, back to the thread, whatever the facts about the finances, and let's face it SISU were about to embark on 5 years of madness, Coleman was a sh&t manager.

#PUSB

skybluetony176

Never a truer word spoken. The majority would have been baying for blood if Thorn hadn't been appointmented manager.

Yet they didn't seem to back sisu for listening to them and getting their man. They should have been calling for a statue for KD outside of the ground. After all, he agreed with their expert analysis.

At any point ever are you ever going to accept that responsibility of running the club lays firmly with SISU? If they really listened to the fans and acted on our general opinion they'd have cleared of ages ago. They employed Thorn because he was cheap and they couldn't be arsed to see who else was available. He was an easy option. Just because a section of fans wanted him to get the job didn't mean they had to give it to them. They will always have the responsibility of employing the best man they can for the job. That should be a given.

covboy9

under coleman we'd start games well, take the lead then sit back and try and defend a one goal advantage then get overrun and stuffed, in general defenders dont make good managers

the blokes arrogance was what got my goat because it rubs off on the players

Sick Boy

At any point ever are you ever going to accept that responsibility of running the club lays firmly with SISU? If they really listened to the fans and acted on our general opinion they'd have cleared of ages ago. They employed Thorn because he was cheap and they couldn't be arsed to see who else was available. He was an easy option. Just because a section of fans wanted him to get the job didn't mean they had to give it to them. They will always have the responsibility of employing the best man they can for the job. That should be a given.

Haha.

Right ok. So they listen to the fans and leave tomorrow, then what? Liquidate the club?
Who is going to want to buy a football club that has no assets and plays in the stadium of a London franchise? I can assure you that there aren't going to be many takers.

Even then the fans expect someone to donate money to the club for free and then leave when it runs out, this is the consensus of a well run club on this forum. Again, why or who is going to be willing to do that?

The majority of this forum were very much in agreement that he was on his way to the top. At the time a lot of idiots genuinely believed we were lucky to have him and he was the best out there.

If only we had got in Mark Robin then and not consigned ourselves to certain relegation.

Still the likesame of dongle, MMM, ginetta ane cjparker all know what is best for the club.

Grendel

They employed Thorn because the clueless oaf Ranson had negotiated settlements which meant we were already having to pay for two managers - Coleman and Boothroyd as well as Thorn - we had 3 management salaries to pay.

Sick Boy

They employed Thorn because the clueless oaf Ranson had negotiated settlements which meant we were already having to pay for two managers - Coleman and Boothroyd as well as Thorn - we had 3 management salaries to pay.

You don't know what you're talking about. The evil sisu tricked uncle ray right from the start. As soon as he knew how evil they were, he left as soon as he could.

Imagine a dream team of Ransom, Hoffman, Elliot and Thorn. Just think how quickly they'd get us out of this league.

Grendel

You don't know what you're talking about. The evil sisu tricked uncle ray right from the start. As soon as he knew how evil they were, he left as soon as he could.

Imagine a dream team of Ransom, Hoffman, Elliot and Thorn. Just think how quickly they'd get us out of this league.

To be fair they'd get us out of the league pretty quick!

skybluetony176

So you're agreeing with me then. They didn't employ Thorn because the fans made them, they employed him because of an inability to employ the right people. TM aside.

skybluetony176

Haha.

Right ok. So they listen to the fans and leave tomorrow, then what? Liquidate the club?
Who is going to want to buy a football club that has no assets and plays in the stadium of a London franchise? I can assure you that there aren't going to be many takers.

Even then the fans expect someone to donate money to the club for free and then leave when it runs out, this is the consensus of a well run club on this forum. Again, why or who is going to be willing to do that?

The majority of this forum were very much in agreement that he was on his way to the top. At the time a lot of idiots genuinely believed we were lucky to have him and he was the best out there.

If only we had got in Mark Robin then and not consigned ourselves to certain relegation.

Still the likesame of dongle, MMM, ginetta ane cjparker all know what is best for the club.

We all new going to Sixfields was a mistake. Something else that the fans didn't advise SISU to do. Still I'm sure you have someone else in reserve you can lay the blame on for that piece of poor decision making instead of SISU.

skybluetony176

You don't know what you're talking about. The evil sisu employed ray right from the start. As soon as sussed each other out, he left as soon as he could.

I've corrected the first part for you. The second part is a private fantasy that you and grendull believe is everyone else's fantasy so you can fantasise that you know better than everyone else.

H

Huckerby

Don't bother, this is the bloke who thinks Mowbray is a league one standard manager and that no matter who the owners manage to attract to the club they are just doing their job.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

So you're agreeing with me then. They didn't employ Thorn because the fans made them, they employed him because of an inability to employ the right people. TM aside.

Mark Robin wasn't too bad either. At the time the fans were delighted with the appointment of Coleman as well. They turned their noses up at the possibility of Nigel Pearson getting the job.

Users who are viewing this thread