Clarke hands in transfer request (1 Viewer)

Astute

I think its irrelevant personally, but you wouldn't argue the behind scenes shambles is caused by them.

So we would want a cheap player that is half decent. So do a lot of other clubs. Who do you think a player would chose between us and most other clubs?

bringbackrattles

I reckon Clarke's pissed off losing his partner Wilson and in a recent interview he sounded narked at the defence constantly letting in soft goals undermining the hard work him and Wilson were doing up front.He is a journeyman and never stays at a club long,but we will obviously miss him as strikers are hard to come by these days.

Astute

I completely understand his reasons for wanting to leave, but let's be honest here - this is something like 15 clubs by the age of 28. That suggests to me that there are issues with the player rather than the club. Let him go - he isn't irreplaceable.

Name all these strikers we can sign for free that are available and will score as many as Clarke then.

CCFCChadders

Think deep down everyone knew this would happen given the amount of clubs he's played for, 16 or so since 2003? His loyalty is poor and our club doesn't even play in its own city. It does look like we will miss the play offs as a result this season which is a shame but it was never signed and sealed anyway with such a small squad. He is not Ronaldo and is therefore replaceable.

torchomatic

Remember when the world would end if Juke left? Remember when the world would end if McGoldrick left? The world won't end of Clarke leaves. We'll have another hero soon enough. Shame, but if he wants to go then he wants to go. I'm surprised, I must say.

RoboCCFC90

So we would want a cheap player that is half decent. So do a lot of other clubs. Who do you think a player would chose between us and most other clubs?

I am not saying Wolves' logic is wrong or going for Leon isn't expected however people saying "Leon could be leaving because we are playing at Sixfields" or because we are playing in front of 20 fans every home game, or because Tim Fisher has a dog is completely irrelevant, he wants to go for his own sake which I can appreciate, but some people saying it's the owners fault or because it's where we are is utter rubbish.

Astute

This is just typical of Coventry fans. A player is good and we are so lucky to have him if he is doing well for us, but first sign of him going is when we don't need him. Easy to replace. Not that good.

I am looking forward to hearing how shit he is once he has gone.

Grendel

Name all these strikers we can sign for free that are available and will score as many as Clarke then.

How much did Leon Clark cost? I can't remember.

RoboCCFC90

God damn it LYLE TAYLOR!!!

kg82

To be fair, we got Clarke for free and I wasn't expecting much from him. There were no guarantees when he signed he'd do the business, just like with any player.

RegiswasGod

I'm sure there is a hidden gem out there. Yesterday we scored 2 goals without a recognised striker in the side. It isn't scoring that concerns me - it's finding a plug that's big enough to seal the huge goal conceding hole at the back.

jimmyhillsfanclub

"Journey man lower league striker opts to jump ship for the umpteenth time in his under-achieving career"

Just cash in now before he turns to shit.....which he will from now on anyhow...

....anything upwards of £500K is good business I reckon.

Bye Leon. Thanks. Enjoy the short time at your next club....and your next one....and your next one...

Astute

How much did Leon Clark cost? I can't remember.

I forgot that there was plenty of strikers going for free that will be the top scorer in division 3.

We knew how good he would be at this level. We saw how well he was doing with Scunthorpe. We saw how he did against us for them. We managed to get him because of his past.

So go on Grendull, name all these strikers similar to him that we can get for free.

shmmeee

Just to throw an unsubstantiated rumour onto the pile.

Maybe he didn't want to take the pay cut that's been rumoured so he wants out?

His previous form is at clubs where he wasn't settled before he went. Not sure he's done this (request out of the blue) before normally he leaves after a period of not playing/being loaned out. I can't find any evidence of previous transfer requests.

Nick

Administrator
I forgot that there was plenty of strikers going for free that will be the top scorer in division 3.

We knew how good he would be at this level. We saw how well he was doing with Scunthorpe. We saw how he did against us for them. We managed to get him because of his past.

So go on Grendull, name all these strikers similar to him that we can get for free.

People were saying the same when Thorn left that we couldn't get anybody else / better. Not wishing to start a Thorn row, but there are always alternatives. How much did we pay for Clarke again?

Takes one chance in five. Not good enough at any other club as he wont get as many chances as he does for us. Plus if he goes to a "bigger" club probably will be coming off the bench.

I truly hope wherever he goes they sack the manager and DiCanio gets the job :)

skybluejelly

I'm sure there is a hidden gem out there. Yesterday we scored 2 goals without a recognised striker in the side. It isn't scoring that concerns me - it's finding a plug that's big enough to seal the huge goal conceding hole at the back.
Yesterday's game was dreadful .. Apart from the first fifteen minutes .. There was quite a lot of hoof ball yesterday .. And I sat there when we were 2-0 up and thought how have we done that .. .. If Clarke does leave and we don't get replacement .. We are definitely in a relegation battle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmyhillsfanclub

Takes one chance in five. Not good enough at any other club as he wont get as many chances as he does for us. Plus if he goes to a "bigger" club probably will be coming off the bench.

I truly hope wherever he goes they sack the manager and DiCanio gets the job :)

Ha Ha....I forgot he was at Swindon.....until Mr. "Perfect" Paulo called him unprofessional.......yes Mr. Di Canio....& you're the very definition of professional aren't you eh!

Lamptey

wow when you see his record on paper I am surprised how few goals he has got with different clubs.

valiant15

Ive got a revolutionary new idea for fisher and sisu,why don't they just say no you're not going anywhere whilst the playoffs are in sight?

Isn't promotion to the championship worth about 5 million?

Will be lucky to get 400k for Clarke.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Ive got a revolutionary new idea for fisher and sisu,why don't they just say no you're not going anywhere whilst the playoffs are in sight?

Because I bet you a fair sum that Clarke is the type who will simply sulk, or be shit, or both, until he's allowed to leave or his contract runs down.

...He wants to go.....so sell the fella & move on.

valiant15

Because I bet you a fair sum that Clarke is the type who will simply sulk, or be shit, or both, until he's allowed to leave or his contract runs down.

...He wants to go.....so sell the fella & move on.

He may well sulk or he might just get on with his job of scoring goals and get his move in the summer.

dongonzalos

Exactly
Then sell him in the summer even if we get promoted and he wants to stay.
He is not good enough for the championship and it will show a stance.

He won't sulk it is in his own financial interest to bang in 30 goals.

jimmyhillsfanclub

He may well sulk or he might just get on with his job of scoring goals and get his move in the summer.

True....I guess we'll never know anyway as this is an easy player sale in terms of PR for Sisu......they can cash in & blame the player....

..Bye Leon.

Astute

People were saying the same when Thorn left that we couldn't get anybody else / better. Not wishing to start a Thorn row, but there are always alternatives. How much did we pay for Clarke again?

You are so unbelievable sometimes Nick. Someone says something about SISUE and you have a go about them having a go at them all the time. Why can't we drop it and all that sort of thing. Then you bring up Thorn when we have had a few in charge since him.

And as I said we knew how good Clarke was in this division . Everybody knew as he had been doing it for Scunny. Everyone knew he was available. So what is this list of strikers going for free that we all know about and all know is available?

torchomatic

And there's no guarantee that anyone will come in for him anyway. Hopefully, Waggott is true to his word and will only let him leave if it suits us.

RoboCCFC90

Specs WT-R75

True....I guess we'll never know anyway as this is an easy player sale in terms of PR for Sisu......they can cash in & blame the player....

..Bye Leon.

What difference would it make to sell him for peanuts when the alternative is a possibility of playoffs. Sisue certainly are not going to make any money from staying in L1 in the short term so a push for playoffs has to be the target.

So ... unless there is a replacement lined up, I cannot see him leaving until the summer. With the Arsenal game around the corner I am sure he will be trying against PNE or else he won't be playing ... simples.

My 2cs

Nick

Administrator
You are so unbelievable sometimes Nick. Someone says something about SISUE and you have a go about them having a go at them all the time. Why can't we drop it and all that sort of thing. Then you bring up Thorn when we have had a few in charge since him.

And as I said we knew how good Clarke was in this division . Everybody knew as he had been doing it for Scunny. Everyone knew he was available. So what is this list of strikers going for free that we all know about and all know is available?

Where did I say anything about SISU? I brought Thorn up because when he was here there was "never anybody else who would come to us" which is the same as "we won't be able to get anybody else".

I am not sure why that is unbelievable or even related to SISU?

dongonzalos

Where did I say anything about SISU? I brought Thorn up because when he was here there was "never anybody else who would come to us" which is the same as "we won't be able to get anybody else".

I am not sure why that is unbelievable or even related to SISU?

Well it seems like it took us quite a long time to replace Thorn with someone suitable what date did Mr Pressley join?

Grendel

Exactly
Then sell him in the summer even if we get promoted and he wants to stay.
He is not good enough for the championship and it will show a stance.

He won't sulk it is in his own financial interest to bang in 30 goals.

Clarke will go on a mega sulk. He is clearly a difficult character - that's why he is where he is

If players want to leave 99 times out of 100 they get their own way.

Users who are viewing this thread