Clarke hands in transfer request (2 Viewers)

jesus-wept

Hedge funds sell assets and pocket the money !!

Marty

So having received the transfer request does Pressley adopt the "bomb squad" policy or keep Leon Clarke in the squad (subject to injury)?

Personally I would leave him out of the squad. I would also move him on as quick as possible subject to getting bids of course, and hope to get a couple of strikers in (not to mention a CB, and ball winner and a winger) ........ assuming FL regs permit

I agree, refuse him entry to all of the club facilities,

wal3590

Think there is a good chance Pressley will do exactly that and bomb squad him. Mcsheffrey never asked for a transfer and was treated quite poorly really, I hope he punishes Leon big time. No need to put a request in. If he keeps palying well he would have been bought anyway. The request for transfer will do nothing but cause trouble

Monners

We need to plan for life without him, so drop him from the squad. If we can get someone in, then the sooner the better. This has always happened to us and always will I'm afraid.

Hobo

I think he left himself out of the squad !
As soon as it was announced he had a groin strain I posted "groin strain in a transfer window? Who is he talking too?" No surprise, sell him to highest bidder.

dongonzalos

No he won't, most of his career he's been 'unsettled' and full of attitude and achieved fuck all.

I personally don't think having mercenary cunts like him around influencing our young players is a good thing, get a decent fee for him and let him go.

And your 30 goal replacement is?

By blocking him you also show the young players, the club will do what's right for the club and it is not going to be them calling the shots.

Don't get me wrong if it is a ridiculous bid say 2 million I expect he will be sold.

But talk of 350k to 1 million it is worth forcing him to stay and go for promotion.

Then transfer list him in the summer, even if he changes his mind if you want to make a point.

Think bigger than your pissed off state now and think about what is best for CCFC

Otis

Why not? Easily 25 goal a season striker, in his peak of his career, with 18 months left to run on his contract? I'd be expecting that as a minimum!

Because this is Coventry City. How much has he gone for before? How often is he injury free?

RoboCCFC90

You can't blame Sisu for letting Clarke go if he choses to go. But its there fault in away, whos to say if we were playing in front of 15,000 - 20,000 at the Ricoh without a -10 point deduction, heading for the play offs??? maybe wolves wouldn't seem such a better thing??

I am sorry but you can't blame the owners, it suited Leon to stay in the summer when no one wanted him, we were already at Sixfields and he knew what it would be like. This situation is all down to Leon and his greed not Sisu.

ccfcmustang

I hope he is thrown in the bomb squad. Nobody can honestly deny that we will miss his goals. and to be frank noone can blame him for wanting to leave our club however SP must not let him train with the group and keep him away from the players who actually want to be there. Leon Clarke will never stay at a club longer than a couple of years and I sincerley hope he comes to regret this decision when he scores 2 goals for the rest of the season. Goodbye and good riddence mr Clarke,

RoboCCFC90

Because this is Coventry City. How much has he gone for before? How often is he injury free?

Maybe so, but we need to dig in and not be pushed over as a Club when it comes to this situation.

BigadamL

IF he is still here for the arsenal game no way would I play him!!!

Let somebody who wants to play for us enjoy the experience!

valiant15

Oh dear, it wasn't so long ago that a lot of fans were jacking off about how good clarke is, now he's the biggest wanker in the world.

Hypocrites.

I don't suppose the circus behind the scenes has helped.

Not the best of timing but thanks for the goals Leon and good luck for the future at a professionally run football club.

Kingokings204

Let him go. I say keep him but how can you keep a player who doesn't want to play for you? No point cash in and reinvest in a squad to help us for next season.

RoboCCFC90

Oh dear, it wasn't so long ago that a lot of fans were jacking off about how good clarke is, now he's the biggest wanker in the world.

Hypocrites.

Not the best of timing but thanks for the goals Leon and good luck for the future at a professionally run football club.

What a sack of horse manoure..

fernandopartridge

Hypocrites.

Nothing hypocritical about it.

Otis

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Hobo
1 million for Clarke no way. This is a strikers division. Clarke scores a lot but misses a lot also. This is his level. He is not a top Championship striker.

Wells went for over a £1m, Rhodes went for what £6-7m, Southampton paid £1.5m for Lambert and £1m for Bernard, west ham paid £2.5m For Baldock, palace paid £4.7m for Gayle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sorry, have to disagree with you Stu.

Just look at Clarke's history.

Started off with Wolves.

Sold to Sheff Weds for £300,000.

Two months after signing him he went out on loan to Oldham. Back to Sheff Weds and after just one goal, then went on loan to Southend.

Back to Sheffield Wednesday. One start and five substitute appearances for the rest of the season.

After a period there it was announced he would not be offered a new contract.

Signed for QPR (no fee).

Struggled there, sent on loan to Preston. Scored just one goal.

Contract terminated by mutual consent.

Signed for Swindon.

Made 2 appearances for Swindon.

Big fall out with Di Canio. Went on loan to Chesterfield.

Signed for Charlton in a swap deal. Made just one start. Contract cancelled.

Loan to Crawley.

Loan to Scunthorpe.

Signed by us.

Yep, a definite £1m player there we have.

luwalla

cant blame him at all.. a football career is short & he needs to do what he has to do & earn what he has to earn. as you can gaurantee they will be offering a better wage.. and lets face it right now he is playing for a club in a total mess, that has just gone bust, has no ground, is watched by less than 10% of the fans it was last season, is playing 40 miles out of city , has owners that most the fans hate, and could possibly go bust again any time leaving him high & dry...

he owes the city nothing, and even if he did and he stuck around for the next 18 months, played for us through the hard times , for half the wage he could get elswhere & showed some loyalty... then by the time his contract runs out he'd be 31, we'd have moved onto the next young striker & we'd put him out to rest with not so much as a thankyou & goodbye.. so im afraid the loyalty wouldnt be repaid, thats the nature of this football beast ...

so just remind me again why he should stay or why he is out of order for looking to better himself & his career ( the same as any of us would do )

thanks for the goals leon & best of luck if you do go ( although id be more than happy to see you stay & hold no grudge :)

chiefdave

Why the assumption that just because he's put in a transfer request he will be disruptive on the squad. Given that SISU have said they will only sell for a very high offer why not try and hold on to him. Other clubs battle to keep their players why should we just roll over?

Not sure he will double his wages either, we're talking low end Championship clubs and other L1 clubs around where we are in the league, either of those scenarios means those clubs might be in L1 next year, why would they risk paying a fortune in wages for him? Or are we paying vastly below what everyone else pays? Sure we are for the kids but would he have come here if the pay was much lower than everywhere else? If we are paying low wages then maybe this is his route to try and get a raise.

spwaverley4916

from CET a few days ago-
“I am just focused on doing well here and scoring goals, getting through the games and doing as well as I can.
If someone puts a bid in and it’s an acceptable offer then it’s out of my hands.”

but it's not Leon - if you have now submitted a transfer request then you are enticing an offer coming in ! - smacks of others that have 'indicatiing' happy at Coventry, Robins, King etc.

let him go he obviously doees not want to play for us - if we keep plying him until the end of the season who is to say he will give 100%?

Kingokings204

He owes nothing to us. If he wants to go for more money then you or I would do the same if we played say for Carlisle. Its horrible but it happens.

kg82

Interesting that there's been all these rumours and then he hands in a transfer request. Sounds suspiciously like a back street coffee shop meeting took place.

Shame if he goes but it's always inevitable with us, isn't it.

Hobo

Hypocrites.

Well I havent been jacking off about him.
He was playing well for us but does have limitations
I am not surprised we are in this situation, as much about the player as the owners. Although I am sure the background doesnt help.
I wish him well, but dont think if we tried to make him stay he would knuckle down for a deal in the summer.

He is playing the best football of his career, I thought he was showing signs he had matured. I dont blame him for trying to earn the best wage he can. I was just hoping he was going to give it till the end of the season, then make a decision like this.

shepardo01

Was he forced to "hand in a transfer request"??????......
Pretty sure handing one in means that a player forfeits certain bonuses, payouts etc..(meaning no pay outs from club).... and would almost certainly alert any clubs that may have had a slight interest...
Just putting it out there.....

stupot07

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Hobo
1 million for Clarke no way. This is a strikers division. Clarke scores a lot but misses a lot also. This is his level. He is not a top Championship striker.

Sorry, have to disagree with you Stu.

Just look at Clarke's history.

Started off with Wolves.

Sold to Sheff Weds for £300,000.

Two months after signing him he went out on loan to Oldham. Back to Sheff Weds and after just one goal, then went on loan to Southend.

Back to Sheffield Wednesday. One start and five substitute appearances for the rest of the season.

After a period there it was announced he would not be offered a new contract.

Signed for QPR (no fee).

Struggled there, sent on loan to Preston. Scored just one goal.

Contract terminated by mutual consent.

Signed for Swindon.

Made 2 appearances for Swindon.

Big fall out with Di Canio. Went on loan to Chesterfield.

Signed for Charlton in a swap deal. Made just one start. Contract cancelled.

Loan to Crawley.

Loan to Scunthorpe.

Signed by us.

Yep, a definite £1m player there we have.

It all depends on how desperately the team wanting to sign him is - wolves are still in receipt of PL parachute payments, if they want him badly enough they will have to pay for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Lamptey

Other clubs are able to go out and replace strikers, for the first time I can remember we did it with mcgoldrick to clarke, hopefully we can do it again.

People should realise now that the players getting the goals in the lower leagues arent the ones that have had alot of money spent on them.... they are guys given a second chance or came through the ranks.

I hope Waggot can hold out on this, we normally get well and truly shafted with transfers.

Otis

Other clubs are able to go out and replace strikers, for the first time I can remember we did it with mcgoldrick to clarke, hopefully we can do it again.

People should realise now that the players getting the goals in the lower leagues are the ones that have had alot of money spent on them.... they are guys given a second chance or came through the ranks.

I hope Waggot can hold out on this, we normally get well and truely shafted with transfers.

Which is also one of the reasons why we won't get a million for him.

ccfc92

Has anyone blamed the stay away fans yet? I assume it's their fault for not "getting behind the lads"?

Seriously though, imo I think he's been made promises that off field issues will be sorted and he's sick of babysitting a team that leaks goals. Just my opinion, but seems a likely scenario.

magic82ball

Do not blame him one iota. Career prospects and earnings much greater than staying at a sinking ship.

Hobo

It all depends on how desperately the team wanting to sign him is - wolves are still in receipt of PL parachute payments, if they want him badly enough they will have to pay for him.

He is playing the best football of his career, his past record says more about his attitude that talent. Sheffield Wednesday really rated him just turned out to be lazy.

Someone might pay over the odds but he isnt worth a million.

harvey098

Can't say I blame him. Can't say i'm too bothered either. Any half decent finisher will score goals in this Coventry team. Get a good price for him, a good replacement and its as we were.

Users who are viewing this thread