Clarke hands in transfer request (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Well it seems like it took us quite a long time to replace Thorn with someone suitable what date did Mr Pressley join?

Just after Mr Sky Blue Blood, who was also better and at the time wanted to come to us.

It is just ironic that people are moaning about it being impossible to get goal scorers for free if our goal scorer was was free leaves. Yes, it might be hard but it certainly isn't impossible and it will b a challenge.

RoboCCFC90

"Just look at all the moronic hypocrite keyboard warriors on Sky Blues Talk slagging off Leon now!

Only last week he was the best striker, and a wonderful ambassador of the game.

The SAME people who are fawning over the moron that is Steven Pressley!

Let's see if these keyboard warriors have the same "courage" to name themselves other than hiding behind Dances with tos sers orRobboweirdstain or whatever.

All seem very keen to slag me off, yet surprisingly NEVER admit I was RIGHT AGAIN!

A forum full of sycophants, hypocrites and trolls!

No wonder the Trust welcomes these tools with open arms!

Must be weird to be WRONG EVERY TIME!

Laughable!

With "friends" like these who needs enemies?"

He's know's my name the twerp I was arguing with him the other week..

Astute

Where did I say anything about SISU? I brought Thorn up because when he was here there was "never anybody else who would come to us" which is the same as "we won't be able to get anybody else".

I am not sure why that is unbelievable or even related to SISU?

Are you now saying that you never have a dig at anyone for having a go at SISUE?

As I said you have a go at people for having a go at SISUE and that is whilst they are still ruining our club yet think it is OK to bring up a previous manager when a few have been in charge since.

Grendel

Well it seems like it took us quite a long time to replace Thorn with someone suitable what date did Mr Pressley join?

It took 6 weeks. You seem to have forgotten mark robins.

Nick

Administrator
PGSM is the keyboard warrior. I remember the time he was on here going mad saying that Linnell was refusing to speak to him on CWR. I PM'ed him to ask him to give me his number and I would guarantee that Linnell would put him on air, didn't hear a thing.

couple of weeks back Leon Clarke was made Captain for a game wasn't he, before that saying how he was enjoying things ............. what has changed to make him want to leave? or is it just down to the money? (can't blame him looking after himself and family though to be honest)

Possibly the enforced wages cut (If that really happened) or more likely, he just wants to play at a higher level on more money. Its a shame if he goes as I have liked him from day 1. But I am really trying to have some faith in Waggot and SP who one has to say have done well so far.

RoboCCFC90

PGSM is the keyboard warrior. I remember the time he was on here going mad saying that Linnell was refusing to speak to him on CWR. I PM'ed him to ask him to give me his number and I would guarantee that Linnell would put him on air, didn't hear a thing.

I know, before I signed up on here I used to post over on the CT and all he did constantly was whinge, moan and constantly berate me and argue with me, I swear the guy is an ass wipe, never been to a game in all his life, he used to slag Andy Thorn off, then Mark Robins and now Pressley.... People like that wind me up..

Nick

Administrator
Are you now saying that you never have a dig at anyone for having a go at SISUE?

As I said you have a go at people for having a go at SISUE and that is whilst they are still ruining our club yet think it is OK to bring up a previous manager when a few have been in charge since.

So where did I mention SISU? I have a dig at people having a go at SISU when it is usually totally random like blaming them for world hunger or something equally as stupid. I brought it up because people said the same about Thorn that "nobody would want to come to us" and "we couldnt ever get anybody better" etc. It is related, the same happened then, see what I did there?

No doubt if Clarke does go it will be totally unrelated to a pay increase.

Hugh Jarse

Sorry, have to disagree with you Stu.

Just look at Clarke's history.

Started off with Wolves.

Sold to Sheff Weds for £300,000.

Two months after signing him he went out on loan to Oldham. Back to Sheff Weds and after just one goal, then went on loan to Southend.

Back to Sheffield Wednesday. One start and five substitute appearances for the rest of the season.

After a period there it was announced he would not be offered a new contract.

Signed for QPR (no fee).

Struggled there, sent on loan to Preston. Scored just one goal.

Contract terminated by mutual consent.

Signed for Swindon.

Made 2 appearances for Swindon.

Big fall out with Di Canio. Went on loan to Chesterfield.

Signed for Charlton in a swap deal. Made just one start. Contract cancelled.

Loan to Crawley.

Loan to Scunthorpe.

Signed by us.

Fook me, I hope he's got Rail Planner as a phone app!!

dongonzalos

Just after Mr Sky Blue Blood, who was also better and at the time wanted to come to us.

It is just ironic that people are moaning about it being impossible to get goal scorers for free if our goal scorer was was free leaves. Yes, it might be hard but it certainly isn't impossible and it will b a challenge.

Mr sky blue blood was a bad replacement.

He wanted to use the club as a stepping stone as quickly as possible.

Yes that is hindsight talking. However that is what happened and replacing Thorn was not as easy as you make out.

Our season was disrupted and destroyed.

If it was going to happen it should have been at the end of the previous season it was a joke the way it was handled an not a great example if how replacing Clarke will be easy.

He is on to bang in 30 goals the club should look to see if they can get an equivalent that SP believes will be the same or better.

If SP can't find them, then for 5 months hold on.

SISU will still get their cash and we still get a crack at trying to get in the play offs.

How easy was the Juke to replace

That cost us our championship place IMO .

Grendel

Ah sorry you are right that was a fantastic decision that worked out perfectly

It saved us from certain relegation so it did work out yes.

Astute

So where did I mention SISU? I have a dig at people having a go at SISU when it is usually totally random like blaming them for world hunger or something equally as stupid. I brought it up because people said the same about Thorn that "nobody would want to come to us" and "we couldnt ever get anybody better" etc. It is related, the same happened then, see what I did there?

No doubt if Clarke does go it will be totally unrelated to a pay increase.

And show me where I said you mentioned SISUE. I said you don't like people having a go at them. And that is whilst they are still with us. Wheras you are bringing up Thorn as you blamed him for our problems and not SISUE.

Do you see what I did there Nick :D

Grendel

Mr sky blue blood was a bad replacement.

He wanted to use the club as a stepping stone as quickly as possible.

Yes that is hindsight talking. However that is what happened and replacing Thorn was not as easy as you make out.

Our season was disrupted and destroyed.

If it was going to happen it should have been at the end of the previous season it was a joke the way it was handled an not a great example if how replacing Clarke will be easy.

He is on to bang in 30 goals the club should look to see if they can get an equivalent that SP believes will be the same or better.

If SP can't find them, then for 5 months hold on.

SISU will still get their cash and we still get a crack at trying to get in the play offs.

How easy was the Juke to replace

That cost us our championship place IMO .

You keep droning on about Juke. Answer the question - more points with him or without him?

Astute

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Nick

But you were trying to make it sound easy when you say Clarke was free :thinking about:

Nick

Administrator
And show me where I said you mentioned SISUE. I said you don't like people having a go at them. And that is whilst they are still with us. Wheras you are bringing up Thorn as you blamed him for our problems and not SISUE.

Do you see what I did there Nick :D

I didn't mention in that post whether I thought Thorn was good or bad, I just said that at the time people said we wouldn't be able to replace him as "nobody would want to come to us".

I still don't see what that has got to do with anything or was it just a chance to put SISUE and try to be a comedy genius? :)

Astute

You keep droning on about Juke. Answer the question - more points with him or without him?

Shall we see how we do without Clarke up front and Wilson injured then?

dongonzalos

"Just look at all the moronic hypocrite keyboard warriors on Sky Blues Talk slagging off Leon now!

Let's see if these keyboard warriors have the same "courage" to name themselves other than hiding behind Dances with tos sers orRobboweirdstain or whatever.

All seem very keen to slag me off, yet surprisingly NEVER admit I was RIGHT AGAIN!

Laughable!

It is quite funny having someone randomly insanly ranting Robbowierdstain

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Nick

But you were trying to make it sound easy when you say Clarke was free :thinking about:

So because I said Clarke was free I instantly said it was easy? I am just saying it isn't impossible and can be done but I will let people go off into their own little world when they read things completely wrong and make of it what they want to.

ccfcway

Breaking news from Peterborough !!

[h=1]Darren Ferguson warns Lee Tomlin over possible move[/h]
Peterborough United boss Darren Ferguson has warned forward Lee Tomlin that he cannot engineer a move away from London Road.
The 25-year-old, who had hoped to leave in the summer, received his second red card of the season at the weekend.
"Whether he thinks in his mind we'll say 'enough is enough and we'll just let you go', he's badly mistaken," Ferguson told BBC Radio Cambridgeshire.
"I'll go the other way with it and he won't be going anywhere."

dongonzalos

Quicker question relegation with him or without him

Lets see if SISU have learnt from the mistakes they admitted that season. That they themselves say caused relegation.

ccfcway

[h=1]Wolves sign Nouha Dicko from Wigan Athletic[/h]
Wolves have signed Wigan striker Nouha Dicko for an undisclosed fee.
The French-born 21-year-old returns to Molineux following a loan spellat the end of the 2012-13 season, during which he scored once in four appearances.

Astute

I didn't mention in that post whether I thought Thorn was good or bad, I just said that at the time people said we wouldn't be able to replace him as "nobody would want to come to us".

I still don't see what that has got to do with anything or was it just a chance to put SISUE and try to be a comedy genius? :)

I said it will be hard to get a replacement for Clarke. You said how much did he cost. I said there isn't many players as good as him at this level available. You said some said Thorn was irreplaceable. I wasn't one of those, but I suppose it proves your point :laugh:

Astute

So because I said Clarke was free I instantly said it was easy? I am just saying it isn't impossible and can be done but I will let people go off into their own little world when they read things completely wrong and make of it what they want to.

When I said he wouldn't be easy to replace for free you said he was free. Did you say it wouldn't be easy or did you try and disprove what I said?

ashbyjan

I think its not an exclusive club to be abused by this particular individual - I had not got a problem with him being on here ranting about how the Trust was to blame for every ill in the western hemisphere but after a while it became a bit tedious for all and was erring on the libelous. Sad part is that between the long long rants he did occasionally actually make some good points - have to assume these were whilst the meds were being effective. His current anti Pressley campaign is rather myopic and pitiful although I was amused that he has taken to leaving comments on Scottish websites about how rubbbish SP is. For me the jury is still out on Pressley but if Clarke leaves then this will be a real test for him and will show us if he really is a good manager, which I suspect he may well be.

thaiskyblue

I think its not an exclusive club to be abused by this particular individual - I had not got a problem with him being on here ranting about how the Trust was to blame for every ill in the western hemisphere but after a while it became a bit tedious for all and was erring on the libelous. Sad part is that between the long long rants he did occasionally actually make some good points - have to assume these were whilst the meds were being effective. His current anti Pressley campaign is rather myopic and pitiful although I was amused that he has taken to leaving comments on Scottish websites about how rubbbish SP is. For me the jury is still out on Pressley but if Clarke leaves then this will be a real test for him and will show us if he really is a good manager, which I suspect he may well be.
pressley has been a revalation here , the best in the business i.e clough, ferguson and wenger would be tested to the max working here, if they would have taken it on in the first place.

RoboCCFC90

It is quite funny having someone randomly insanly ranting Robbowierdstain

Its actually annoying when I signed up to this forum I thought I was of rid of him and then like a disease he popped up again!!

RoboCCFC90

Well to the exclusive Club Ashbyjan!

Danceswithhorses

Laughable!

LOL...i wonder what WE did to piss him off, because let's face it, he must get abuse from everyone.

RoboCCFC90

LOL...i wonder what WE did to piss him off, because let's face it, he must get abuse from everyone.

Well his rant was just after you mentioned him on here so I suspect that would be why he chose you, me on the other hand.... I think ever since I was on the CT forum he has just constantly mentioned me in his little rants.. Although that might not of helped when I told him Pressley was a decent manager recently and deserved respect from him.

ccfcway

For me the jury is still out on Pressley

Bloody hell Jan, what on earth does a guy have to do to win your approval ?

P 41
W 18
D 12
L 11

Whilst at the same time, slashing the wage bill, getting rid of any bench warmers and having the team playing in an exciting way, scoring more than I think I have ever seen in my lifetime.

Senior Vick from Alicante

I don't apportion all the blame on Leon for wanting a move. If your home town club bids for you and offers you a better wage your head is going to be turned, their is no loyalty other than to ones self in the modern game. I would put part of the blame on the club, it must be disheartening playing in front of small crowds in a mediocre stadium mostly on a Sunday. Sisu have not been exactly open with their claims to be building a new ground, so who knows what is being said behind closed doors and what promises have been broken. SP is the big looser in this, he shows a player faith, turns him from a journeyman into a good player and gets it all thrown back in is face. Wolves play a different style of football to us and I don't think he will be at the top of the scoring charts come the end of the season if he leaves, I just hope Elvis has another jem up his sleeve.

Specs WT-R75

I don't apportion all the blame on Leon for wanting a move. If your home town club bids for you and offers you a better wage your head is going to be turned, their is no loyalty other than to ones self in the modern game. I would put part of the blame on the club, it must be disheartening playing in front of small crowds in a mediocre stadium mostly on a Sunday. Sisu have not been exactly open with their claims to be building a new ground, so who knows what is being said behind closed doors and what promises have been broken. SP is the big looser in this, he shows a player faith, turns him from a journeyman into a good player and gets it all thrown back in is face. Wolves play a different style of football to us and I don't think he will be at the top of the scoring charts come the end of the season if he leaves, I just hope Elvis has another jem up his sleeve.

Whilst I agree with the statement in bold, according to Wolves they haven't bid for him...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread